Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Btw, these are some customs I made recently. Might be a prize in store for who can guess the base pair...
ogbw1.jpg
ogbw2.jpg
How you made this? This are from 1994. :smile:

Going to put some leather treatment on them too first to supple them up?
I don't think I'll do it (it never even cross my mind), just send them to be soleswaped and let the guy figure what to do. However the pic i posted was after putting them on feet quickly...thought I was careful but the midsole crumbled more as you can see :lol: However the leather is great, very good quality for that age, and I didn't see one sign of cracking so I assume the upper is already in wearable state.

For the soleswaping itself I have no clue about when I'll send them...I'll have to find a black BW midsole at a decent price first, then I'll figure out the rest. I'll figure it when I'll be actively searching, for now I'll just stock them.

I don't think I'll do it (it never even cross my mind), just send them to be soleswaped and let the guy figure what to do. However the pic i posted was after putting them on feet quickly...thought I was careful but the midsole crumbled more as you can see :lol: However the leather is great, very good quality for that age, and I didn't see one sign of cracking so I assume the upper is already in wearable state.

For the soleswaping itself I have no clue about when I'll send them...I'll have to find a black BW midsole at a decent price first, then I'll figure out the rest. I'll figure it when I'll be actively searching, for now I'll just stock them.
What soles you gonna swap with? Got a few here to go but no donors :frown:

What soles you gonna swap with? Got a few here to go but no donors :frown:
Any midsole with a black air unit as I will surely use the OG outsole and repaint the midsole in the appropriate colors...but as I said I don't plan to do it now, it will wait a -big- bit

Go bold....stick em on some 90s...
Not fan of hybrids lol, I prefer to recreate the OG look which sadly won't be recreated ever by Nike...unless they're planning to remaster the BWs in 2021 after the 90s
I know, I can keep dreaming

I have the most recent persian release. Might be 2016. Anyways, they squeak like a duck. I can’t even wear them at work they’re so loud. Haha and it’s by far my most uncomfortable air maxes. Love the look though so I still rock them.

I have the most recent persian release. Might be 2016. Anyways, they squeak like a duck. I can’t even wear them at work they’re so loud. Haha and it’s by far my most uncomfortable air maxes. Love the look though so I still rock them.
Add a little baby powder underneath the insoles as it is usually the insole board rubbing against the sockliner. Never had this problem on a pair of BWs, but it works a treat on AJ X, XI, etc

checkin in the bw thread a couple things of note...never knew og bws came with forefoot air so its really ****ed up nike remove that, no wonder my 16s are so fckin uncomfortable. secondly, i like many others got the persians and usa on super disco...now supply dried up and you can find a couple pairs here and there but are rare/uncommon. i bought cause it was an iconic colorway ive never owned for a steal...ppl definitely slept on them back in 16 lol

Add a little baby powder underneath the insoles as it is usually the insole board rubbing against the sockliner. Never had this problem on a pair of BWs, but it works a treat on AJ X, XI, etc
Always thought it came from the bubble...will try on my TN and BW

Always thought it came from the bubble...will try on my TN and BW
Crazy, I went to wear my 2016 Persians the other day and were so uncomfortable with the arch supports I'd added that I took em out. When I did, they squeaked. It was coming right from where the arch of the insole rubs against the in-built arch, so just put the baby powder there et voila, no more squeaking. Wore them for an hour or so too and it didn't come back (still felt like bricks tho). Trust, it works

Would like to restore one of my BWs.
Actually the problem is that on the inside at the toes, the material is torn.
I do have several kind of glues and was thinking to put a layer of material on the inside around the toe.
Does anyone have any suggestion what material if fabric to use?
Guessing should use some kind of heavy duty t-shirt maybe ? Or sticking a piece of that on will not last long as of durability?
Any advice welcome.

Are they not making BW's anymore?
it's been a while I didn't heard about a proper release (so excluding those BW/97 trash hybrids)
but it's better like this, the actual shape is trash

only hope is that in 2021 for the 30 years anniversary they will remaster the shape and finally release proper retros

it's been a while I didn't heard about a proper release (so excluding those BW/97 trash hybrids)
but it's better like this, the actual shape is trash

only hope is that in 2021 for the 30 years anniversary they will remaster the shape and finally release proper retros
Shape is one thing, the general uncomfortableness of the modern, post 2012 BWs is the problem. With the 1 and Lights both being re-engineered back to the OG shape, and next the 90, I am sure the reason for them being out of production is due to it being reworked, as you've stated above. I can wait 'til 2021 for some REAL BWs

Back
Top Bottom