Official Nike Air Max '91 BW Thread

Hi guys my name's Alex im from France ,wearing those BW since i had 11 years in 1991 ,im 36 now.

So , I owned the 1991 , 2003 edition then the 2008 Persian edition (not the 2013 unfortunably).

Today i just receveid a pair of the 2016 edition ,wel wel well ....

Just as i imagined outside all the pictures you posted about, these 2016 edition HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL SHOES  !!!

Im surprised all the "experts" around have not noticed this one :

-The general form of the front shoe is totally ****** , missed , they are "circular" no that "sharp" or "pointed" like they suposed to be.

-The dimensions of the front strips are not the same from the previous (mesured it :smile:= )

-These 2016 have not these carectiristic litlle "arrow" on the midlle front strips (wich i believe are related to factory process) they surely changed it by the "ultra bw" process ?

-The tongue is ****** (really thin) compared to the REAL one .

-Once upper to the shoes it's hard to figure out wich side it is (ho it's the left or the right ? ) WTF :wow:

-Few minor factory bug (glue , paint around the air bubble , purple licra spotted) on mine.

Finally , im thinking sending back to Nike those "fake" or at least "GENERIC" BW , those 2016 BW persian loosed everything for me , im so so so disapointed ! ,:frown:

Here is my old worn 2008 VS the 2016 "chinese generic style" comprarison ,both are 10,5 US (44,5 FR) .
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the detailed analysis 
happy.gif

That tongue is immense!!

819880-001
What about that "Ultra" skin guys, some friends tell me that fragile , true ?

Edit : Check out what happen with the "ultra skin" after fews time wearing them, it's in German language but pretty sure you'll understand from 1:50 to 2:30

Ok Nike im done for this year.

Last edited:
Okay honestly I never cared about BW when it first came out because of the Air 180 display (and that I was still wearing Air Max 3).

Back around 2005 my retro rotation was BW, 3 Infrared, and 180. BW had the most comfy fit I was impressed.

That comparison pic of the shape just reminds me why I rather buy a retro hybrid shoe instead with Nike. You see Adidas these days (e.g. Spezial collection 1:1 retros) tries very hard to get the retro shape to be accurate, otherwise they will scrap the release.

The last used by shoe makers have changed in recent years, like the now puffy toe box even on the 2015 New Balance 1300JP (their most expensive 1:1 retro).

You almost never see that kind of thick padded tongue with retros anymore. Closest I've seen that's on point is the Asics Gel Respector retro. :smokin

Dam I'm still waiting for my Air Max Ultra M to arrive.

Last edited:
Those Ultra M have nothing special to me . Into a black colorway i'll say : why not .

Well , i dunno if trade is allowed here ?

Im searching for a 316703-051 BW Persian 2008 in 10.5 and i still have a 599298-010 BW Premium Camo in 11 new in box from 2013  just in case for Euro people :smile: .

Sooo...I've never been a huge fan of the BW. In fact, I've pretty much disliked the BW for my entire life.

BUT, I'm a huge fan of history and of nostalgia. I'm trying to get one of each air max running shoe from 1987-2000 and recently got to 1991 (BW).

Did a little research on colorways, collabs, and availability and came to the conclusion that the black/purple colorway was the most desirable to me. They recently retrod, so getting a pie at a fair price (the Persian OG colorway) ahold be pretty easy.

But as I'm doing my research I came across a snakeskin pair...could not find them ANYWHERE, but someone told me they're a UK exclusive. Jumped on End real quick and there they were, sitting.

My pair just delivered today. I wish I got a 10 instead of a 10.5 but it's fine. I actually like the pair more than I thought.

Can wait to see how these feel.

180s are next up. I really want the Easters but resell prices for those are higher than I'm paying so we'll see what I come up with.

I just got the Air Max Ultra M from NDC as an old man shoe companion to my NB x Horween 998.

The quality and workmanship are surprisingly superb and the fit is much closer to OG than retro. I figured if the CEO worked on it then it probably wouldn't suck.

Quite refreshing after wearing remastered WC4s which is a complete joke built quality wise compare to these.

Last edited:

Those triple black on the left
eek.gif
Otherwise even the 2013 Persian has "new" ****** shape  i guess , even the GEN II still own the good old front shape in this vidéo .

"i used to get these for 19.99...

so i told nike execs to redirect the shoes to germany..."

"you def dont see retros sell for as little as you used to..."

thanks ahole...

Last edited:
Here is my latest comparison btw my Old BW Premium Tape Camo Pack 2013 (599298-010) which is 11US and my Persan OG 2016 (819522-051) which is a 10.5 US

befor i sell the camo on ebay and return those ****y 2016 to Nike.

- Air bubbles are much less inflated on the Persian 2016 , very much hard and inflated on the 2013 CAMO (camouflage)

-Every coutures (inside and out) are much better and the 2013 look so poor on the 2016 persian

-Material and strips from 2013 are much nicely cutted then 2016 ( it look like they used a dead scissor en 2016 persian) WTF

- The general shape is close to the original stuff on the 2013 (strips much larger) , absolutely not on the 2016 ( as mentionned before by me in this thread)

Check out that black and white strips cissed material WTF Nike ,it's not acceptable ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom