Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Don’t ever recall seeing anyone rocking the white cw back in the 90’s. A couple of dudes at my HS had the black cw.

F9A397AC-3F35-43B7-A089-46CC5B5FFB6E.jpeg
Man if they do these retros right…. 2 of each please.

I’ve never seen the white joints in person.
I got them as an exchange for my OG Concords after the XI’s midsole tore. Really didn’t care for the way they looked. Played in em a few times, noticed one of the heels slightly peeling from the air bag, and exchanged them asap. Never wanted them again. Still don’t. Orlandos are the 1 for me.

damn cats was in the 5th grade when these 1st came out???

I’m old as ****… 😂🤦🏿‍♂️
Those cats are pushing 40...not exactly that young lol. I think I was in the 6th or 7th grade.

I remember people having the whites. Definitely has leaned Orlando as the one you see the most. I'll probably get both of these. The Penny 1-3 OG CWs are all automatic for me.

The 2s though. Everyone had those at my school. Harder to find the ones that didn't have them. They were everywhere.

I was in 8th grade at the time…I think my mom had a picture of me rocking these (Away’s) with a pair of jorts and a hoodie in like the middle of December or something…

She snapped it because of how ridiculous she thought I was for wearing shorts during winter :lol:…The no shoe sock trend had just tipped off heavy and we all had to floss no matter what…Wish I could find that pic but my sister took most of them with her after our mom passed…Maybe I’ll ask her to see if she can find it…

But yeah, this sneaker stuff didn’t just start last week…

While Mike is the GOAT, Penny’s popularity was crazy! It’s always been Mike, Kobe, and Penny and my 3 favorites all time….

My 2006 pair has been holding up pretty well. Hope they retro with the 3M. I have the Knicks pair too, but they’re at the bottom of a stack. Penny 2’s from 2008. I sold a DS pair a few years ago for like $250. Nobody wanted them lol. Foamposites from 2010.
3ADB6087-C1E5-4CCC-ACCB-73CF137F4FAD.jpeg

I was a Freshman in HS when these first dropped. ‘95-96 was a crazy point in time for sneakers. Jordan XI, Air Uptempos, Penny’s, Air Zoom Flight, Barkley’s, Air Max CW, and a bunch more.
This was such a great era. I was on the high school basketball team, and showing up to different gyms and seeing what the other schools were rocking was always fun. Could always tell how good someone was by their kick game hahaha. Can’t believe I actually hooped in Foamposites. Shin splints for days.

These and the Air More Uptempos were THE shoes that first had me taking notice of “cool sneakers”. I think I was in the 2nd grade during this time. I’d only wear Payless those days because that’s what my parents wanted to spend on sneakers.

Penny was the first basketball player I became a fan too! I’ll admit the shoe made a fan first, then I became a fan of the player. I didn’t even know who Jordan was until the third grade lol, and I despised him immensely through the rest of his career as a Bull lol

True but more ip
These and the Air More Uptempos were THE shoes that first had me taking notice of “cool sneakers”. I think I was in the 2nd grade during this time. I’d only wear Payless those days because that’s what my parents wanted to spend on sneakers.

Penny was the first basketball player I became a fan too! I’ll admit the shoe made a fan first, then I became a fan of the player. I didn’t even know who Jordan was until the third grade lol, and I despised him immensely through the rest of his career as a Bull lol
true but for semantics the More uptempo came out the year after the Penny 1. Still, XIs Pennys and Pippen were on fire. Don’t sleep on Rodman’s too

I had the "Orlandos" in what — 7th grade — but I was a short little guard for my age, so I was still at the very end of grade school sizing. For the Penny 1s, the GS was actually the Air Way Up but it was colorblocked and branded to match the Penny 1. My friend whose shoes were a little bigger had the real deal and I was always jealous of that huge max air bubble and the cooler midsole wing.

I tried getting one of the retros a while back but had to settle for a half size too small and they were just not gonna work. Hoping I can get one of these this time around, because these were the mid-90s holy grail for me over the XIs or anything else.

How about true-to-detail Atlantic 2s next year? Air Flight Ones? Air Go LWP?

Better still, I wish Nike would do a "protro" line of all the iconic 80s and 90s hoops shoes. Pick the most iconic Jordans, Pennys, Barkleys, Pippens, etc and make them as true to the original silhouettes as possible, but with updated tech and traction.

This was such a great era. I was on the high school basketball team, and showing up to different gyms and seeing what the other schools were rocking was always fun. Could always tell how good someone was by their kick game hahaha. Can’t believe I actually hooped in Foamposites. Shin splints for days.
True but more ip

true but for semantics the More uptempo came out the year after the Penny 1. Still, XIs Pennys and Pippen were on fire. Don’t sleep on Rodman’s too

That era will likely never be topped, not even close. Virtually everything that came out, I did a double-take at. I would only allow myself to buy one or two pairs each year, because I was basically broke in college. But I probably wanted virtually everything I saw LOL

Just hope their aren't shipping issues and these retailers act right. Not trying to jump through hoops to get these like I did the barkleys

Back
Top Bottom