Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

wait... i'm sorry guys- but i missed out on the info about the orlando's coming too.

confirmed?!?!?

I shouldn't even buy a new pair of the aways (the only one I care about). I had two pairs of the '08 retro. Barely wore one, never wore the other. Just too many shoes and not enough time to wear them all. Sold the DS pair like seven years ago, and just recently basically gave away my other pair for $10 to a local consignment shop because I figured they were going to fall apart or at least the bubble would burst at any moment if I started wearing them again. But this shoe is an icon in its own right, I can't not have a wearable pair in my closet when I have the opportunity to do so.

rainking rainking
I still have my 08 aways too. I put them on every once in awhile as if I'm going to wear them, then put them back in the closet.
I still need both of these retros though. I hope they aren't QS.

Attachments

• EB9ADB97-C5A1-4E84-9C9D-89E4DEB77924.jpeg
    EB9ADB97-C5A1-4E84-9C9D-89E4DEB77924.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 73
  • E3D05430-28BD-4CE3-817F-27D9D01B0A26.jpeg
    E3D05430-28BD-4CE3-817F-27D9D01B0A26.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 76
  • FB836997-A769-44B5-822C-66AFB7571B82.jpeg
    FB836997-A769-44B5-822C-66AFB7571B82.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 478
  • 4EB2FC8B-76D1-4EF2-BF80-990F5350098F.jpeg
    4EB2FC8B-76D1-4EF2-BF80-990F5350098F.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
Penny 1s to me, are a shoe that needs to be available regularly like the AF1 low. I feel the same about the XI's, they're just a good shoe. I remember getting the OG AM Penny 1 for Christmas in 1995 and it was the first shoe that I cleaned with a toothbrush on a regular basis. I loved these and will forever love these. I think I passed on the homes because I wanted the Pippen More Uptempos when it came time for me to get a pair for the summer. At the time, I wanted both of these over the Jordan XI's because I thought the PL looked too girly to be on a basketball shoe. Until I came to the late realization that the playoff XI's were nice, BUT were gone and I moved on to the OG taxi XII's. What a time.

rainking rainking
I still have my 08 aways too. I put them on every once in awhile as if I'm going to wear them, then put them back in the closet.
I still need both of these retros though. I hope they aren't QS.
Yeah that’s kinda what my air bubbles looked like, too. If I had unlimited space I’d keep everything just for posterity. But these days I don’t feel the need to keep 10-plus year old shoes that I can’t wear anymore. There’s not really a market for those retros, either, on the used market. Especially when the same shoe is about to come back around again.

Both will be copped... I loved the white joints as a kid and wanted to get them but they were sold out everywhere by me...This one guy that was in my dad's bowling league had these... someone stole his shoes at the bowling alley... I felt bad seeing him walking in his bowling shoes cuz his white penny got stolen smh

I fully expect Nike to f up the air bubble like always but It would be a pleasant surprise if they actually did these justice. Especially since its the first time every.

I wonder if these will be easy to grab or if they will be like that first Griffey release this year.

Must cop shoe of '22. Both colorways. Hopefully they're not extremely limited.

Might not be limited but will probably have hype around built around them like the first couple pair of Griffey's that released recently. I'll be sure not to take this release for granted because the way the Griffey's were instantly selling out caught me off guard. Seems as if the masses are gradually trending towards expanding their sneaker collections with Nike Signature Retros, especially the OG colorways.

Last edited:
The public doesn’t like what we like, Nike releases less pairs than the demand from US. They play the game well and now Microsoft and Sony do the same trickle releasing like Nike does to build hype. It’s a joke honestly

Back
Top Bottom