Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

I’m not surprised at all. Honestly, no one except a small hardcore minority who understand and appreciate the time/history cares. Even here on NT for decades, the homes would be mentioned by some as being desirable, but it has never been a shoe tons of people clamored for. The general mass of consumers has no affinity for them. The Orlandos have ALWAYS been the Penny 1 that garnered 90-plus percent of the interest, even on NT.
Hell, I had the OGs and played in them, and I don’t care about them, either 🤣
I actually really like how the homes look. But all white shoes, especially in a 4 season state, just ain't the move. Especially for $170. It was one thing getting my annual white on white forces when they were $69.99-74.99. But at $130 and up it just doesn't make sense to put that cash into something with such a short lifespan.

10 on SP

Got another pair of Orlando's from snipes... Not a double up I'm switching my hibbitt pair for these... Don't like how the back tab of mines is wrinkled so I'm a return mines to snipes and keep the snipes pair lol...good thing I ain't wear em yet

Have ya’ll half size-down on these by chance? I found the Orlando pair at my local outlet and picked it up for under retail in a half size down from my regular size and they fit fine but snug in the toe. Would i be good in the long run?

Have ya’ll half size-down on these by chance? I found the Orlando pair at my local outlet and picked it up for under retail in a half size down from my regular size and they fit fine but snug in the toe. Would i be good in the long run?
Snug as in fits like a glove or snug as in hurts like hell?

As long as it's not uncomfortable from the onset you should be good. I've found that shoes that are uncomfortable out the box don't get any less uncomfortable with increased wear. We always tell ourselves they'll feel better over time, but they rarely do.

Snug as in fits like a glove or snug as in hurts like hell?

As long as it's not uncomfortable from the onset you should be good. I've found that shoes that are uncomfortable out the box don't get any less uncomfortable with increased wear. We always tell ourselves they'll feel better over time, but they rarely do.
Like a glove snug lol. I decided to put a thinner insole on them and removed the original and that fixed the fit a bit.

I got the white pair a few weeks back. I should’ve copped the Orlando’s when I had the chance. Hopefully there’s some type of restock or I stumble upon them in store soon.

Unds for my pops bday... Going to several places like getting breakfast, getting battery replaced in watch, going to car wash and hanging out with the fam for lunch
20230603_084658.jpg

Good morning all, starting my day off at Chick-fil-A.

I’ve owned maybe 1000 pair of shoes, never worn a Penny 1 until today.

Hope everybody has a good one.
Was in the same boat until I got the Social Status 1s. Was a huge fan of Penny but parents waited too long to get the 1s but got me the 2s as my hoop shoe the following year. Was so excited to grab the Orlando’s, Homes and All Stars this year.

With that heel slip Penny 1s have, you must have the perfect size to be able to rock them without lacing them up fully.
I felt like I was getting ready for a game of 5 on 5 when I wore mine. I need to go down 1/2 size badly.
Good morning all, starting my day off at Chick-fil-A.

I’ve owned maybe 1000 pair of shoes, never worn a Penny 1 until today.

Hope everybody has a good one.

With that heel slip Penny 1s have, you must have the perfect size to be able to rock them without lacing them up fully.
I felt like I was getting ready for a game of 5 on 5 when I wore mine. I need to go down 1/2 size badly.

Let me tell you my brother, the heel slippage and lateral instability is insane. No way in hell I could ever play basketball in the shoes, have no idea how Mr. Anfernee did it.

Normal walking around, they are pretty comfortable for a retro.

It’s crazy to me when I see people walk around in their Pennys with their laces untied; because all that crosses my mind is that two elastic bands and a thin neoprene tongue is holding on for dear life :lol:. The Penny’s is so bottom heavy and the heel slippage is wild. Respectfully.8)

Let me tell you my brother, the heel slippage and lateral instability is insane. No way in hell I could ever play basketball in the shoes, have no idea how Mr. Anfernee did it.

Normal walking around, they are pretty comfortable for a retro.
Didn’t he have an extra lace loop? And I think the OGs were more padded inside which helped also.

Back
Top Bottom