Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Did they improve cushioning especially around the heel/ankle or am I asking for too much?

They really should improve these in thag area. I bought the retro in what, 2010? Or I think it was 2012? Can’t remember but tried them for ball but Jesus Christ zero lock down, cushioning in general was terrible but I bet I’m the only one trying to use these to play ball in :lol:

Did they improve cushioning especially around the heel/ankle or am I asking for too much?

They really should improve these in thag area. I bought the retro in what, 2010? Or I think it was 2012? Can’t remember but tried them for ball but Jesus Christ zero lock down, cushioning in general was terrible but I bet I’m the only one trying to use these to play ball in :lol:

I was hooping in the ‘06 retro in 2011-2012. No complaints here.

Someone not too long ago posted a video of a dude doing a comparison between the current version and the 95 version, and he pointed out how much more padded the interior of the 95's were. Nike, and all other shoe brands for that matter, doesn't even fully implement the outdated tech in their retros.

I wonder if we'll ever see the day when Nike and other shoe companies begin "protroing" some of their more celebrated releases like they did the Kobe signature. I'm sure there will be a premium added to the price but I still think it would be worth it to some to have a line of retros updated with modern tech.

Local ftl.. tempted to double ( Cherry Hill Nj)
20230507_145129.jpg
photo-output.jpeg

Made this cause this is all I wanted. I would’ve copped 3 off the rip 8)

I'm saying, nothing beats OG 90s specs and padding. It's not coming back and expecting it to come back how it was is setting yourself up for disappointment. Now, some retros have had it (namely
2016 Black AJ 5s, but that's the exception and not the rule lately)

Better cushioning yes , heal still slips

Someone not too long ago posted a video of a dude doing a comparison between the current version and the 95 version, and he pointed out how much more padded the interior of the 95's were. Nike, and all other shoe brands for that matter, doesn't even fully implement the outdated tech in their retros.

I wonder if we'll ever see the day when Nike and other shoe companies begin "protroing" some of their more celebrated releases like they did the Kobe signature. I'm sure there will be a premium added to the price but I still think it would be worth it to some to have a line of retros updated with modern tech.
That was me

Have been wanting this for over a decade now but will likely never happen. Nike is about profit over quality more so than anything else but genuine nubuck suede and zoom air would absolutely be welcomed.
Would also conflict with modern performance sales if they started going that route.

Sometimes I wonder if the people at Nike actually wear the kicks they retro.

I know some of us have the same thoughts of, will I have to walk a lot, will I be wearing these for more than four hours....

It's almost like they have the thought process of, well if they wanted comfort, they would buy newer models with newer tech.

I agree.

Maybe the other thing to actually point out is that they may have never even worn an OG -- just to get the same perspective that most of have here on NT. Because the one thing that the OGs did that never gets talked about is that they got more comfortable the more it gets worn. My beat up 95 OGs still has retained the same comfort, which is waaaay better than any retro.

Back
Top Bottom