Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Originally Posted by zmdawg

Picked'em up today at retail. I'm not sure how people saying these aren't comfy. I think they are the most comfortable shoe I've put on out of the box in awhile. This is saying a lot since I have troubles a lot of time since my right foot is a decent clip smaller than my left foot so a lot of times its swimming no matter what. These felt really good all around on it's first time out of the box.
these must be your only shoes because they are definitely not in the top 30 as far as comfort go.
i wore my pair on saturday to the mall and felt like my insole was made from cardboard.

Originally Posted by bigj505

Picked'em up today at retail. I'm not sure how people saying these aren't comfy. I think they are the most comfortable shoe I've put on out of the box in awhile. This is saying a lot since I have troubles a lot of time since my right foot is a decent clip smaller than my left foot so a lot of times its swimming no matter what. These felt really good all around on it's first time out of the box.
these must be your only shoes because they are definitely not in the top 30 as far as comfort go.
i wore my pair on saturday to the mall and felt like my insole was made from cardboard.

This.

zmdawg, have you ever worn a pair of Lebron 8 V2s before? If you think these Penny 1s are comfy (which they aren't for me, btw), wait until you try on some 'Bron 8s.

Originally Posted by bigj505

This.

zmdawg, have you ever worn a pair of Lebron 8 V2s before? If you think these Penny 1s are comfy (which they aren't for me, btw), wait until you try on some 'Bron 8s.

Any other colorways coming besides those god awful electric greens or terrible wolf greys? I need another pair of Penny 1's.

Any other colorways coming besides those god awful electric greens or terrible wolf greys? I need another pair of Penny 1's.

Lace swapped with Air GO LWP. Blacked out the white part of the piping with a sharpie since its not 3M. Looks much better IMO.

Before the black out.

After

Lace swapped with Air GO LWP. Blacked out the white part of the piping with a sharpie since its not 3M. Looks much better IMO.

Before the black out.

After

^^ Whoa, I dunno man... I personally wouldn't have done that... even if it's not 3m, the blacked out look doesn't really give it any more of that OG look..

^^ Whoa, I dunno man... I personally wouldn't have done that... even if it's not 3m, the blacked out look doesn't really give it any more of that OG look..

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Agree, 3m or no, it looks better before the blackening.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

Agree, 3m or no, it looks better before the blackening.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

To each his own I guess. Not being 3m bugs me so I rather not see it.
No doubt.. you paid for em so what can I really say. Didn't mean to make it sound like I was hating, I just wouldn't have done that myself. Liking the lace swap though.

As for the sizing/comfort.. I'm an 11 in just about every single shoe.. from Foamposites to AM95s to Jordan 3's (sans the super big 2011's), but I went with a 10.5 in these mainly because I had read so much here about heel slippage, and also because, well, that was the only size left. When I first tried them on, they fit well, just felt a little strange around the angles, but no real toebox discomfort. They're definitely a stiff shoe, but I don't think they're as bad as some are making them out to be.

Overall, I am satisfied with my pair. Seems like the midsoles are very susceptible to creasing/stress lines, but it's not really an issue because I wear all of my shoes anyway. I love the white sole, even when it gets dirty it gives it a lot of character.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

To each his own I guess. Not being 3m bugs me so I rather not see it.
No doubt.. you paid for em so what can I really say. Didn't mean to make it sound like I was hating, I just wouldn't have done that myself. Liking the lace swap though.

As for the sizing/comfort.. I'm an 11 in just about every single shoe.. from Foamposites to AM95s to Jordan 3's (sans the super big 2011's), but I went with a 10.5 in these mainly because I had read so much here about heel slippage, and also because, well, that was the only size left. When I first tried them on, they fit well, just felt a little strange around the angles, but no real toebox discomfort. They're definitely a stiff shoe, but I don't think they're as bad as some are making them out to be.

Overall, I am satisfied with my pair. Seems like the midsoles are very susceptible to creasing/stress lines, but it's not really an issue because I wear all of my shoes anyway. I love the white sole, even when it gets dirty it gives it a lot of character.

nah I didn't take it personally. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I respect that. It's good to see something different once in awhile, so it doesn't get boring.

I need to wear it with longer socks to see if the comfort level is changed.

nah I didn't take it personally. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I respect that. It's good to see something different once in awhile, so it doesn't get boring.

I need to wear it with longer socks to see if the comfort level is changed.

Back
Top Bottom