Official Nike Air Max Penny 1 Updated - 2022 Retro Coming!

Did you reach out to customer service about the order? I would go ahead and still complain to see if you could get that discount code lol
Over the last month, I've reached out to them twice. Just yesterday I spoke to a representative and was told the pair actually came in but was waiting to be authenticated and I would be notified. Then this morning I see a cancelation email. I most definitely will be reaching out to find out why my order was canceled if they are claiming that they had the pair and were waiting to authenticate it I most definitely did not ask for a refund, but glad it worked out this way.

Over the last month, I've reached out to them twice. Just yesterday I spoke to a representative and was told the pair actually came in but was waiting to be authenticated and I would be notified. Then this morning I see a cancelation email. I most definitely will be reaching out to find out why my order was canceled if they are claiming that they had the pair and were waiting to authenticate it I most definitely did not ask for a refund, but glad it worked out this way.
Sounds like StockX did the ol' "we'll be keeping these for ourselves" old trick. Probably paid out the seller, and provided you with their most sincerest apologies. Jokes on them for now, since these homes aren't doing too well for resellers.

Sounds like StockX did the ol' "we'll be keeping these for ourselves" old trick. Probably paid out the seller, and provided you with their most sincerest apologies. Jokes on them for now, since these homes aren't doing too well for resellers.
Good thing I don't use stockx that often (I have used GOAT more due to the used pair option they offer). In this case, good. I got both pairs at retail, which is all one can ask for all things considered. I still went half size down and copped an 11 for both. I don't think it would be much of an issue (maybe for my left foot before I break them in). I should be good though.

Crossing my fingers that a site still has the Home cw available and valid for a Labor Day promo. :emoji_eyes:

Last edited:
First test today, just some drills and shoot around. Let’s see how they brake in and how they will perform over the next couple of months. I will post my experience here after each wear.
E53A690A-EA05-47CD-8EDB-0DD2EFE6841E.jpeg
I used to be a bit scared when someone with this fit would step onto the court during AAU practice. :rofl:

So as promised, here is my review, was on the court for about 90 minutes doing various drills, finishes at the rim, dribble pull ups etc.

Heel slippage:
I went down half a size, normally I am a 9.5 and after 20 minutes and retying the laces twice, did I have no more heel slippage until the end of the session. As you can see on the photos I had to lace them very tight.

Comfort:
To my surprise I had no corn or bleeding pinky as I had it with my 2011 orlando Penny 1 retros the first couple of wears, so I consider that a positive thing. Of course they are heavier than the Kobe Protro 4-6 that I have mainly played in the last 3 years, but my feet got used to them pretty quickly and with age, at least in my case, my feet have become very choosy! The cushioning was ok, no pain at all, I was a bit afraid that they would feel like bricks, of course they do not have the Protro cushioning that I have enjoyed so far.

Running, stopping, cutting:
In the beginning the outsole felt slippery, but with time and picking up more and more dirt on the indoor court did I have more and better grip. I did not feel super fast though. I will do a couple of timed sprint next week.

Quality:
I can not complain about my pair, no glue marks or obvious defects, they held up well and overall creasing was good, so I hope the leather will soften quickly, since that will benefit the fit.

As mentioned I will add them to my weekly rotation for September, so by end of September I will have final resume. I will do shorter weekly updates for the next 3 weeks.

617642D1-EB25-40CC-9992-523CE2060CE6.jpeg
FFD38891-CDA3-495F-B96F-3590427770B1.jpeg

And surprisingly enough, these are great for outdoor courts too, at least the ogs were. I had no issues outside when I had them the first time. The outsoles feel the same as the og, but I can't say for sure they'd perform the same, and by the time I went back outside to play with these on at the time (spring 96 - summer 96), they held up pretty good even after daily usage for about 6 months, but that's me remembering the OG Orlando version and not the homes. This retro would be a different story of course, but I don't think it would be much different tbh.

So as promised, here is my review, was on the court for about 90 minutes doing various drills, finishes at the rim, dribble pull ups etc.

Heel slippage:
I went down half a size, normally I am a 9.5 and after 20 minutes and retying the laces twice, did I have no more heel slippage until the end of the session. As you can see on the photos I had to lace them very tight.

Comfort:
To my surprise I had no corn or bleeding pinky as I had it with my 2011 orlando Penny 1 retros the first couple of wears, so I consider that a positive thing. Of course they are heavier than the Kobe Protro 4-6 that I have mainly played in the last 3 years, but my feet got used to them pretty quickly and with age, at least in my case, my feet have become very choosy! The cushioning was ok, no pain at all, I was a bit afraid that they would feel like bricks, of course they do not have the Protro cushioning that I have enjoyed so far.

In the beginning the outsole felt slippery, but with time and picking up more and more dirt on the indoor court did I have more and better grip. I did not feel super fast though. I will do a couple of timed sprint next week.

Quality:
I can not complain about my pair, no glue marks or obvious defects, they held up well and overall creasing was good, so I hope the leather will soften quickly, since that will benefit the fit.

As mentioned I will add them to my weekly rotation for September, so by end of September I will have final resume. I will do shorter weekly updates for the next 3 weeks.

Much respect to anyone who cares to actively ball in these. No herringbone traction and chunky as hell in contrast to anything modern.

Heel slippage:

Comfort:

Quality:

Wait, no report on the run? Hit any noteworthy shots, drop a perfect pass to a backdoor cutter, rip a dude that was talkin ****.

This is incomplete and unacceptable family.

Appreciate the review.

Anybody else get refunded by Alumni? Put an order in about 2 days ago and when I checked on shipping, it said i will be refunded. Still shows available when I was on the site though.

Said eff it and paid resell for the Orlandos. The components to my dream cw are halfway complete! I just need the Homes to make it happen!

Watch they pop up everywhere in a few months like the Homes. :emoji_sweat_smile:

I used to be a bit scared when someone with this fit would step onto the court during AAU practice. :rofl:

I would be scared too! This was actually an appreciation post to the cool Nike gear that they made for Penny in the 90s, plus finally retroing one of the coolest Penny sneakers ever, at least in my opinion.

I am playing league basketball for about 26 years, it is more about usability than looks.

Said eff it and paid resell for the Orlandos. The components to my dream cw are halfway complete! I just need the Homes to make it happen!

Watch they pop up everywhere in a few months like the Homes. :emoji_sweat_smile:

I'm hoping they pop up like the SC Trainers Auburn much later. Nike just releasing today after like 5 mths after others released them

First test today, just some drills and shoot around. Let’s see how they brake in and how they will perform over the next couple of months. I will post my experience here after each wear.
E53A690A-EA05-47CD-8EDB-0DD2EFE6841E.jpeg
I had that shirt don't remember if there was anything on the back, is it plain?

Both Ekiden Magic Speed 2s and New Leaf Edge+s should be arriving next week! ASICS has been on a roll taking my funds! :emoji_sweat_smile:

The NovaBlast 3s are launching soon too! Historically, how have those fit for y'all? I've been hearing/reading that they run long, so going 1/2 down my usual size is the move?

Back
Top Bottom