OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

Originally Posted by johnmckoolaid

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

so tell me, why the change in name from 23 to 2009?  if they were just continuing the line then why not 24, i remember reading an article around that time saying they wanted to "preserve the line" or some bull like that
I didnt say anything about liking them, its just the numbers that make me consider the line stopping or continuing........jordan 23---no 24? stopped......penny iv---no penny v until now? continued over 12 years later
Koolaide.. as Magic said (twice)... and I confirmed... Jordan Brand continiued the Signature Line of Jordan.. but just switched up the naming convention of its line for Mike...
As for Penny.. thats a completely different division.. but ironically run by the same person who was involved with the Jordan stuff at that time... Gentry.  What also needs to be understood is as much crap as Gentry has taken... he made Jordan ALOT of money and the stuff thats come out since he left aint been all that.. including a few others leaving.. 

Hes going to do with Retro what he did at Jordan.. and as some may know ... he started at Sportswear long ago with another Fellas Drew Greer who was the father of the Hybrid and Retro Concept...

Two brotha's who made Nike/Jordan ALOT of money.... alot.

you two are among the few that actually consider the 2009 continuing from 23, but most collectors i know consider the "official" jordan line as dead after the 23 
I dont know why you went off into gentry and all those "marketing" dudes making nike money, why else would nike hire him? cause they think hes a nice guy?
laugh.gif
of course hes gonna help them make money, thats why they hired him

Your making it sound like just cause nike made money that its something to respect, nike also makes a lot of money from sweatshops, you respect that too?

Yes.. as a business man.. I respect ANY dude who can make my company money.  Plain and Simple. Who the heck wants  a guy NOT making them money? Whats to respect in that?  Sneaker Morales? lol  Come on son. 
I agree that throwing out "sweatshop" is the biggest cop out anyone has who again.. DOESN"T know the industry.  How come no one jumps on , UA, ADI, Reebok or GUCCI and LV for using factories in Asia as well as India?

No one jumps on the Urban street wear person not satisfied with Gildan shirts and goes to Asia to get a factory to produce their products. Why?  because everyone picks on the Biggest dude in the yard, because its too easy.  

Let me clue you in on something in case you weren't privy.  Nike contracts out a LARGE number of Factories.  Some are right next door and owned by the same Factory owners as the ones contracted by Adi, UA and others.... It is THOSE Factory owners who put their workers in a bad situation.

The job of a company is to make the biggest profit margin available. Yes.. there were bad conditions and Nike asked that those conditions be improved.. but others haven't TOUCHED what Nikes done.  So yes.. I respect Nike for making changes and leading the charge on even going to Asia to create jobs because if they up and left and took the work from all those factories.. People will pick on Nike about doing that and putting people out of work.

Step up your Business 101 game sir.  Made in America is nice and all... but check the tape on folks buying American...its mostly our Asian counterparts.

Originally Posted by sorianotron

Koolaide.. as Magic said (twice)... and I confirmed... Jordan Brand continiued the Signature Line of Jordan.. but just switched up the naming convention of its line for Mike...
As for Penny.. thats a completely different division.. but ironically run by the same person who was involved with the Jordan stuff at that time... Gentry.  What also needs to be understood is as much crap as Gentry has taken... he made Jordan ALOT of money and the stuff thats come out since he left aint been all that.. including a few others leaving.. 

Hes going to do with Retro what he did at Jordan.. and as some may know ... he started at Sportswear long ago with another Fellas Drew Greer who was the father of the Hybrid and Retro Concept...

making alot of money = %+!#!%@$ on consumers.
gentry a cancer, he just in it for the $$$, he made alot of money for JB, but he ran its reputability to the ground. 

NSW is up next, dood is the ANTI-christ of OG collectors. 

Not a fan of his work at JB, and what hes done at NSW so far....

-220$ foam MSRP

-Ultra-Foams 

-Galaxy foams, 

-200$ rookies

-Limited flight ones

-Glow in the dark

-Penny V

-"Sole Colelctor" penny pack

*Not sure if his hand is into clothing as well, but we've seen a MSRP increase in NSW clothing across the board within the last 2 years, and starting to see those cheesy %%# shirt designs JB thrives off of seeping into the NSW department.

Dood will run NSW into the ground in under 3 years for sure. (I could care less how much money he makes another man)

Guy is a suit, not a sneaker head and it shows in the direction he takes, fool is all about orchestrating synthetic hype and sucking consumers dry for maximum profit.

Nike consumers are waking up daily, the tide will not turn in his favor.

Bruh... Nike doesn't hire folks cause they are sneaker heads... but your assumption of Gentry not being a dude who appreciates the game youd be wrong.  You must not have seen his collection... 
If I am an executive at Nike.. Im not hiring dudes to work for me who work with their heart.  Im in business to make money.. not save you  money.  If you are paying $500 bucks a shoe.. Im charging it until you stop paying it. 
Realize when Nike goes in a direction it aint because of one person.. its def a movement as a company.  Lunar, flywire, Plastics, synthetics. Come on sir.  Improve your Industry Knowledge and business acumen.  The difference between you and I is... I am a sneaker head who understands the business.  You dont want to understand it.  Just think the business should be about you buying kicks at a few sheckles and everyone deserves to have a pair.

its not how it works my man.
laugh.gif
 I dont give 2 %+!#% about gentry an his collection, you mistake me for someone who cares about another mans possessions. You sound like an adult groupie brother, stop it.
Your right, I am a consumer, as are you...through your networks within the company, mixed with your supreme business knowledge, you should thoroughly understand how NIKE looks at you, nothing more than a mere sheep with coins in your pocket for them to take.

The difference between you and I is not the understanding of business, its the fact I understand that we have say and ultimate control over products NIKE puts out and the direction of the company in general, but unlike you I am on this board proactively exercising my right to opinion and trying to empower these new generation of collectors who are ultimately going to decide the direction of NIKE in the next 10+ years. 

NIKE is setting up this new generation of consumers to pay 300-400$ MSRP not so far down the line....the grooming is THICK. 

The only thing I really see you doing on this board as of late, is doing nothing but praising your "friends" over at NIKE HQ, trying to promote insanely over priced, under-preforming products....

I don't see you doing nothing for the culture bruh, you mine'swell go throw on a suit with ya boy gentry and continue to throw sell the culture up stream. 

/done with this discussion/end of dialogue.

If Gentry wears suits... call me a clown... and yes.. I praise when its deemed.. but Im critical when its called for... but obviously.. you pick and choose what to read.

So again.. if you think Im worried or care about "another mans collection" I chuckle. But unless you have the same gun to keep whoever from buying 300 and 400 dollar sneakers as the person making them feel free.

Why are YOU worried about what another man spends? If they make it... folks will buy it is not true. AF25 prime example. Stupid Price Point and even dumber approach to selling them. Who is anyone person to "groom" another with their finances. Ive done more for this culture my man in 5 years than you can TRY to in a lifetime. For me its not a pissing contest.. its being real.

As you stated... The Consumer Controls what Nike puts out.... to an extent. But if they mark it up and consumers buy... Nikes going to KEEP marking it up. But good luck grooming Millions of sneaker heads "bruh"

PS... you sound a lil salty about my friends lol... if you need a hug Im here for you.

I aint the one spending hundreds on a sneaker... but if I chose to.. I would.

That freedom of spending is a muther aint it?

you two are among the few that actually consider the 2009 continuing from 23, but most collectors i know consider the "official" jordan line as dead after the 23 
I dont know why you went off into gentry and all those "marketing" dudes making nike money, why else would nike hire him? cause they think hes a nice guy?
laugh.gif
of course hes gonna help them make money, thats why they hired him

Your making it sound like just cause nike made money that its something to respect, nike also makes a lot of money from sweatshops, you respect that too?

Yes.. as a business man.. I respect ANY dude who can make my company money.  Plain and Simple. Who the heck wants  a guy NOT making them money? Whats to respect in that?  Sneaker Morales? lol  Come on son. 
I agree that throwing out "sweatshop" is the biggest cop out anyone has who again.. DOESN"T know the industry.  How come no one jumps on , UA, ADI, Reebok or GUCCI and LV for using factories in Asia as well as India?

No one jumps on the Urban street wear person not satisfied with Gildan shirts and goes to Asia to get a factory to produce their products. Why?  because everyone picks on the Biggest dude in the yard, because its too easy.  

Let me clue you in on something in case you weren't privy.  Nike contracts out a LARGE number of Factories.  Some are right next door and owned by the same Factory owners as the ones contracted by Adi, UA and others.... It is THOSE Factory owners who put their workers in a bad situation.

The job of a company is to make the biggest profit margin available. Yes.. there were bad conditions and Nike asked that those conditions be improved.. but others haven't TOUCHED what Nikes done.  So yes.. I respect Nike for making changes and leading the charge on even going to Asia to create jobs because if they up and left and took the work from all those factories.. People will pick on Nike about doing that and putting people out of work.

Step up your Business 101 game sir.  Made in America is nice and all... but check the tape on folks buying American...its mostly our Asian counterparts.

did you just try to justify sweatshops from the business standpoint a billion dollar company?  
roll.gif

BTW "How come no one jumps on , UA, ADI, Reebok or GUCCI and LV for using factories in Asia as well as India? " People do.

air-penny-5-black-royal-white.jpg

air-penny-5-miami-dolphins-green-orange.jpg

Orlando colorway doesn't look as good as I thought it would from earlier pics.

They don't look worth $150

i thought i'd like the orlandos but the dolphins cw looks better to me.. but maybe i just like the classic flight one orlandos etc

sick.gif

I really thought an Orlando colorway would make me like this sneaker.

Maybe I'mma have to see them in person to like them now. I doubt it, though.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Nice looking shoes but there's no way in hell I'm rocking a Penny V. The fact that they're continuing his line about ten years later is just corny as #!%@ and them just milking people for more money.

qft well except for the shoe looking nice... lol they just look like another penny hybrid shoe... hell why not come out with a pippen vi? a payton v? lol im sure all the young kids willmake this shoe sell out..

Why do I have a feeling one of these Penny V's will be releasing before December/Winter

So if it were just another Penny you'd rock it?

Im confused.... the use of the VI makes them an ugly shoe?

Nike is obviously doing this because there is interest from their consumer base as a whole, since not every person who cops signature shoes and Nike shoes are represented on this site or even online, for that matter. And to those who think its ridiculous because they are "milking" money from their consumers with releases generations after the previous signature: get over it.  Last time I checked, Nike was a business, and what do businesses try to accomplish above anything else? THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY.  
Honestly, if you have a problem with these releases and Nike, just don't talk about them, don't generate hype, don't buy into the hype, and basically, don't do what counts of people do here at this site. That will stop them from "milking" your money...

Not really a big fan of these, but say they put a penny logo on the bron 9 (dislike bron so I won't wear his kicks), I would've bought multiple pairs. But why not use this design for another player?

You would buy an ugly shoe because of the name of the person pitching them?

Hmmph.

The reason they dont use this design for another player is because it has DNA from previous Pennys....

Originally Posted by Magic1978

air-penny-5-black-royal-white.jpg

air-penny-5-miami-dolphins-green-orange.jpg

Orlando colorway doesn't look as good as I thought it would from earlier pics.

They don't look worth $150

Huge feet do the shoes no justice...it gonna take a size 8.5-9 to make everyone love them.
pimp.gif

Unfortunately I don't wear a 8.5
laugh.gif

I really think it's the two tone black I'm not liking in that pic.

If these release in November/December with the usual suspects of the three Jordan releases and the Foamposites

You won't have any problem getting these in 2013 on sale.

Back
Top Bottom