OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

I don't know if hype is needed for this model. I get the feel that people who like them will go get them. Limited releases have never really built hype for a general release in my opinion, they just build hype for that particular colorway not the shoe silhouette itself. I didnt even plan on buying the Red Eagles but I was definitely grabbing Orlando, Dolphin, and Cloak so I went to get sizing and fit right. Copped Red Eagles instantly upon putting them on foot. Great shoe, not hyped at all in my opinion.

I agree for the most part, but I feel the KD IV this year was the exception. The release of the Nerf's, then the Weatherman's, ignited a frenzy for the KD line in general and especially the KD IV itself.

The Zoom Rookies also started out with a limited GITD and now the GR's are discounted, which is why I partially agree.

I agree for the most part, but I feel the KD IV this year was the exception. The release of the Nerf's, then the Weatherman's, ignited a frenzy for the KD line in general and especially the KD IV itself.
The Zoom Rookies also started out with a limited GITD and now the GR's are discounted, which is why I partially agree.

Oh I definitely feel you on the KD IV exception but I think that has more to do with Durant's success than the Limited releases creating hype for General Releases. I can still get YOTD, Creamsicle, Away, and Homes in store where I'm at right now. What I do fear is the GR Penny V's aren't gonna be thought of as GR, people may mistake every Penny V for a limited release.

I called my HOH and they said the Beverly Center was the only HOH in Cali that got them. Not sure if i heard her wrong or what. That they don't plan to get them. Whatever I'm over the Red Eagles. On to the Orlandos.

regarding the penny line....it used to be

foams one > penny 2> penny 1> penny 3 > >>>>penny 4

now its

foams one > penny 2> penny 1> penny 3 > >>>>penny 4>>> penny 5

these have no appeal to me....maybe Cloaks,but thats it....maybe Ill regret it later,but doubt it

Last edited:
^^^^ Huh? Bruh you listed the Penny 3 twice in the second list.

-Anyway I don't like these better than any of the previous Penny but I'm pretty sure nostalgia is clouding my judgement

These are a beautiful shoe.

Last edited:
fa12-apparel-_0016_layer18.jpg

scopetee.jpg

some dope diamond tees that go good with the red eagles. anyone else find anything good to go with them?

Tried HoH Serramonte still no luck, manage said he doubts the late shipment rumor

That's the one I called. Girl answered the phone but she asked someone(manager?) to confirm. Looks like your friend will miss out or pay resale. :x

pretty sure nike did the limited red eagle release first to build hype, then they'll start dropping the GR's

I think you're right man. That seems to be Nike's strategy now. They used to release black/red, black/blue pairs first (in this case it would have been the Orlando) but the last couple years for example, we've seen them release the SB LeBron VIII and China Lebron IX before the GR black/red. Hype has have at least something to do with that.

I'm actually surprised there isn't more buzz about these. I love the design, and I've never been much of a Penny fan. Granted, NT isn't the only indication of hype, but a lot of dudes are passing on these. Sure, the Red Eagle sold out, but it seems like they were made in really small numbers. I think most of us who wanted them could have got them, if Nike released them in a bit bigger numbers, like the Galaxy all-stars even.

I'm still looking for a pair of Eagles, but I really don't want to cough up more than three bills for a pair.

What's crazy is as much as I like the Red Eagles and the shoe silhouette in general I will NOT pay anything over retail for them period! If I miss it I miss it, even will try my absolute best to use bday coupons or any other discount I possibly can on most releases. The shoe is a great design and it's going to take over this fall since I'm not a major fan of the Lebron X, Kobe VIII, or KD V.

As far as Nike using limited releases early to build hype, I see where y'all are coming from but do you honestly believe its increases sales of the GR colorways? Cuz I don't, I've never seen a GR sellout on release day because of an earlier limited colorway causing hype.

What's crazy is as much as I like the Red Eagles and the shoe silhouette in general I will NOT pay anything over retail for them period! If I miss it I miss it, even will try my absolute best to use bday coupons or any other discount I possibly can on most releases. The shoe is a great design and it's going to take over this fall since I'm not a major fan of the Lebron X, Kobe VIII, or KD V.
As far as Nike using limited releases early to build hype, I see where y'all are coming from but do you honestly believe its increases sales of the GR colorways? Cuz I don't, I've never seen a GR sellout on release day because of an earlier limited colorway causing hype.

No, it probably doesn't increase GR sales, at least not more than incrementally, but I think that's clearly Nike's goal. What it I think that strategy definitely does is increase hype for other semi-limited colourways. For example, the LeBron IX China led to increased hype for the Cannons, Miami Nights and culminated with the Big Bang.

I hope this doesn't happen with the Penny V, because if I can't get a Red Eagle, I'd like to get a pair of the Tigers.

Last edited:
No, it probably doesn't increase GR sales, at least not more than incrementally, but I think that's clearly Nike's goal. What it I think that strategy definitely does is increase hype for other semi-limited colourways. For example, the LeBron IX China led to increased hype for the Cannons, Miami Nights and culminated with the Big Bang.
I hope this doesn't happen with the Penny V, because if I can't get a Red Eagle, I'd like to get a pair of the Tigers.

Yeah I can definitely see that. Limited colorways are going to fly off shelves just because of the word limited. I don't think the Penny V will be that hard to come by as long as people don't start mistaking the shoe as limited with every release. Hopefully people understand that there are GR colorways and they don't decide to buy 6+ pairs of the same color thinking the secondary market value will explode.

Have you heard anything about a Memphis Tiger colorway being released? I havent yet but thinking about the fact they released a HS colorway makes me feel like a college colorway may be inevitable. If you hear about a release let me know, I wanna keep this thread up to date best as possible. Thanks!

For true Penny fans, the Orlando Home and Away colorways are a must. I had the Away version of the Penny 1-3 and the Home of the IVs. With this generation, it's all about the loud colors. What better way to draw the newbies of the Penny line than to release the non traditional colorway first.

Come'on sneakerman, i bet once you put your feet in them, they'll change your mind. :D

Have you heard anything about a Memphis Tiger colorway being released? I havent yet but thinking about the fact they released a HS colorway makes me feel like a college colorway may be inevitable. If you hear about a release let me know, I wanna keep this thread up to date best as possible. Thanks!

http://niketalk.com/t/332879/offici...es-colorway-updates-and-availability-info/780

No biggie, it was posted before you became picture mod for this thread! No release date yet, though, to my knowledge.

Last edited:
I walked into my local hoh and picked up a pair of red eagles they received them late. 8)

Last edited:
^^lol tha point guy you re willing to do flame wars and i bet you re not even from europe...:smh: :smh: :smh: was lookin for any info from some european nter on the shoe...dig it??

Back
Top Bottom