OFFICIAL: NIKE AIR PENNY V (Release Dates, Colorway Updates, and Availability info)

footaction has it in blue with the 5 in black instore only not on website

Last edited:
Anybody balled in these yet? How are they?

Haven't balled in them but considering they are a NSW product and not a Nike Basketball product I wouldn't recommend hooping in these. Don't think they'll be that great, especially with the absence of zoom in the forefoot, just my opinion tho...

Haven't balled in them but considering they are a NSW product and not a Nike Basketball product I wouldn't recommend hooping in these. Don't think they'll be that great, especially with the absence of zoom in the forefoot, just my opinion tho...

There is Zoom in the forefoot.

I found the penny gear on the website and I bought the black Five pullover as well as the wear pennys get dimes T-Shirt!

FROM NDC:

The Nike Air Penny V: Premium cushioning and style

Featuring Nike Zoom and Nike Air cushioning on the bottom and a foamposite wave overlay on the upper, the Nike Air Penny V Men's Shoe carries on the comfortable fit and futuristic appeal of its predecessor.

Benefits

Leather upper with foamposite overlay for comfort and a modern look
Dual pull tabs for easy on and off
Phylon midsole with Air-Sole unit in the heel and Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot for lightweight, low-profile cushioning
Rubber outsole for traction and durability

There is Zoom in the forefoot.

FROM NDC:
The Nike Air Penny V: Premium cushioning and style
Featuring Nike Zoom and Nike Air cushioning on the bottom and a foamposite wave overlay on the upper, the Nike Air Penny V Men's Shoe carries on the comfortable fit and futuristic appeal of its predecessor.
Benefits
Leather upper with foamposite overlay for comfort and a modern look
Dual pull tabs for easy on and off
Phylon midsole with Air-Sole unit in the heel and Nike Zoom unit in the forefoot for lightweight, low-profile cushioning
Rubber outsole for traction and durability

Thats interesting because NT's "Favorite" shoe reviewer Nightwing### said there was no zoom in the Forefoot. Kinda just took his word for it, IDK. I won't ball in mine regardless but feel free to have at it y'all...

Wait...Leather? Foamposite? Damn did I miss something...

Last edited:
Yeah Peruwhite, I hadn't worn my Penny V's yet, I ran to the box to check, and didnt see the word Zoom anywhere, so I tried them on and felt it, then I checked NDC just to make sure.

And Nightwing's reviews sure aint my cup of tea, he's been wrong about things before, and I disagree with alot of his reviews, not too partial imo.

He gives good insight sometimes, but I take his reviews with a grain of salt. I hate some of his faves, and some of my favorite ball shoes he has maligned.

Yeah Peruwhite, I hadn't worn my Penny V's yet, I ran to the box to check, and didnt see the word Zoom anywhere, so I tried them on and felt it, then I checked NDC just to make sure.
And Nightwing's reviews sure aint my cup of tea, he's been wrong about things before, and I disagree with alot of his reviews, not too partial imo.
He gives good insight sometimes, but I take his reviews with a grain of salt. I hate some of his faves, and some of my favorite ball shoes he has maligned.

Please do let me know if you or anybody else finds out for sure if there is zoom in the shoe. Yet to wear either one of the Penny V I've picked up. Now I'm wondering...

Back
Top Bottom