Official Nike Air Ship | Solo Releases ‘22/‘23

It’s still like that today not sure what your talking about
So like I said there are still auctions

I don’t get how you see ebay as “still like that today” when comparing it to 2005. Since we’re talking about air ships, I looked it up, and then filtered to auctions only and this is the result:

7171878B-F759-46C4-8766-33F9B6821F9D.png

that’s basically 1% auctions and 99% bin. It has changed. I’m not saying which is better, but I do prefer the old ebay. Personal preference.

bids don't happen frequently, but you do come across the odd retro here and there that is posted. Man, the sneaker yield stock has slowly decreased thanks to ****ers like StockX. Still can scoop a deal of eBay but its rare. Got a pair of 94 2s for a steal. Still good for Jordan 2s tho

It’s become more of a marketplace than anything else

Ebay has changed a lot in the 17+ years I’ve been using it
Agreed it has changed a lot.. I remember shoe shopping on ebay in the 2000s and it was mostly individuals selling.. now it’s a lot of businesses and what not. There are still a decent amount of private sellers though with regular bidding auctions.. they pretty much always have a high starting price or reserve now too though.

man, I miss those days when you could actually bid on items instead of everything being buy it now like today
I don’t get how you see ebay as “still like that today” when comparing it to 2005. Since we’re talking about air ships, I looked it up, and then filtered to auctions only and this is the result:

7171878B-F759-46C4-8766-33F9B6821F9D.png

that’s basically 1% auctions and 99% bin. It has changed. I’m not saying which is better, but I do prefer the old ebay. Personal preference.
Bro you said everything is buy it now. Then I said everything is not buy it now. Is it different from 15 years ago? Of course. Like I said you said everything is buy it now, it’s not there are still auctions. We done yet?

Bro you said everything is buy it now. Then I said everything is not buy it now. Is it different from 15 years ago? Of course. Like I said you said everything is buy it now, it’s not there are still auctions. We done yet?

You’re splitting hairs. I just stated 99% of what I filtered was bin. That number may vary with other searches, but there will be far greater bin than auctions.

And what you said in your initial response sounds nothing like what you’re now telling me you’re saying.
But whatever, have yourself a happy new year 🥳

It’s still like that today not sure what your talking about

I joined the bay in 1998. I used to buy stuff and mail a check.
I remember those days:lol:

Also money orders

Not sure I’ve sent western union but I received for selling shoes on ebay

Oof, I don't miss those days. Money orders were the worst. Always a crap shoot on whether you'd actually get what you paid for or anything at all, and there was absolutely nothing you could do if you got burned.

I joined the bay in 1998. I used to buy stuff and mail a check.

Yeah, I've been on there since '01, I think (when I was 15). I used money orders a lot in the beginning, probably for years. Don't know how I got through without getting scammed a million times.

fortunately I never got scammed either

in my experience it was a very honest community back then...people never flaked

I sold a pair of shoes probably about a year ago w/ a best offer someone submitted, within maybe 10 minutes of him submitting his offer I accepted

later asked when he plans to make payment and he replied that he had a lower offer on the same pair from another seller and he was waiting for a response

1577983554409.png

fortunately I never got scammed either

in my experience it was a very honest community back then...people never flaked

I sold a pair of shoes probably about a year ago w/ a best offer someone submitted, within maybe 10 minutes of him submitting his offer I accepted

later asked when he plans to make payment and he replied that he had a lower offer on the same pair from another seller and he was waiting for a response

1577983554409.png
Yeah I had a few of those clowns too. Bunch of non-paying bidders also. That ish is mad irritating, smh. Out of 1000+ transactions on eBay I received 7 pairs of fakes, got my money back for all of them. A few pairs I had to go hard to get my money. I got scammed once out of my DS OG Doom Foamposite Pros that I sold for like $700. Dude claimed I sent him the all Volt color Pros which he sent back with no laces, smfh. I sold those for like $200. Then about 2 months later I copped the special edition Gasparilla SB Dunks and dude didn't send the second set of insoles which was shown. Dude talking about he wants an extra $60. I'm like f that, give me a discount or send me the insoles. Had to open up a claim and ended up getting the shoes for free. It usually always works out one way or another. I also had people send me kicks before I even paid which is crazy. I mean my feedback is amazing but still, I would never do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom