Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow my dude transformed into a pharaoh. He got the golden Horus hat engraved the same color as kanye's Horus' gold chain. Illuminati'd out.
eek.gif

Anyways, today I saw the cheapest pair on the market on craigslist NY/ISS. She wanted $1500 for a size 9 in the blacks but it's a little too big and it was goin to be impossible to trade for a size 8 or 8.5. Although I was thinking about buying it just to flip for more on eBay and then to buy a 8 or 8.5. 
tired.gif

I wonder how many people are retiring AFTER they got this shoe, and how many people are retiring because of NOT getting the shoe...

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I wonder how many people are retiring AFTER they got this shoe, and how many people are retiring because of NOT getting the shoe...

Good question but I didnt go too hard for these after realizing I didn't have a great shot at getting em but overall ever since hype has been going up for every pair of js, foams that comes out I've definitely slowed down and started to think is it really worth it

Originally Posted by sniper

Tried to get my dude to score me some Platinums, but I'll gladly take another pair of Solars and just trade...
Anyways, I was looking for matching snapbacks and couldn't find anything until I stumbled upon this independent artist in Arizona. Once I saw these, I instantly purchased both the black and grey colorways. I wanted to wait until I actually received them to do a review and I'm more than impressed with the quality in stitching and fabric. The threading is slightly raised and neatly done while the fabric of the hat is composed of wool and feels extremely durable. He appears to do limited runs as my black hat is numbered 10-of-12 while the grey is 5-of-10... 

After receiving the hats, I e-mailed him and asked if he'd make an all black hat with the same threading as the grey snapback and he said he'll consider it if there is enough demand. My favorite is actually the grey as the threading matches the Platinums perfectly. (It even has his logo stitched in green to compliment the GITD soles of the Yeezys.)

If any of you are interested, you can check out his website/store at: http://www.wesleypipeshats.com/

Yeezy_II_B.jpg

Yeezy_II_D.jpg

Yeezy_II_C.jpg
2 pairs sittin on peanut butter leather...must be nice lol

Originally Posted by muneemike

Man the quality on the pair I received was pretty disappointing smh...

Paint drip on the back heel of the left shoe

Fading on the nubuck of both shoes...

Grayish line on the whatever print its suppose to be

Glue stains along the midsole on both shoes...

I ended up trading them for some DS Big Bang Brons, DS Miami Vice Brons, and 600 cash....Alot of ppl were telling me I got the lower end of the trade
eyes.gif
Damn I wouldve tried to cop from you but you def shouldve gotten more in that trade but if you were comfortable with it then thats all that matters

Am I the only one who seems to favor the plats over the solars..of course this is just based off seeing pics since I dont have a pair

i've thought about it.

not much else i want coming up this year.

maybe a couple asics, but anything else is basically old stuff... i need '99 metallic V's to complete my "nike air" jordan collection, want DS '99 white cement 4's to sole swap, a couple of random asics colorways, stuff like that...

but to be completely real with myself, i don't think i'll ever really "retire"...
30t6p3b.gif

there will always be something else i GOTTA have...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i've thought about it.

maybe a couple asics, but anything else is basically old stuff... i need '99 metallic V's to complete my "nike air" jordan collection, want DS '99 white cement 4's to sole swap, a couple of random asics colorways, stuff like that...

but to be completely real with myself, i don't think i'll ever really "retire"...
30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif
I hear you man... I don't think true collectors ever "retire"
I always told myself that I will retire once I...

- get married -

- bought a house -

- had a kid - 

check, check, and check (in a few months)... still going strong but DEFINITELY have stopped with the impulse buys, and purchasing 'just because' type shoe

glad i got a pair but really wanted black colorway!!! whole east coast/west coast thing pissed me off! if i dont ever find a trade they'll probably sit... cant let them go tho, its not about the money to me!

2hf1isz.jpg

i was lucky enough to score a pair of plats for $360 from active athlete in houston, tx. they held a raffle for 30 pairs, on thursday you had to be in store to and for every $25 you spend in store you get 1 raffle ticket, max was 2 tickets per person. a lot of people had their friends and family purchase items so they could get more tickets, one guy ended up spending $800 with his friends and family and got 16 tickets, he won at least 2 pairs i know of. the raffle at active athlete was def legit, luckily my number was called early so i was able to get my true sz. i tried ndc for a pair of blacks, couldnt get them in my cart, got the plats in my cart, but after about an hour of refreshing and trying to complete checkout they were removed from my cart.

Damn i missed out on these. Really wanted a black pair. Even offered people that i'll get every release the rest of this year guranteed but people just want cash no connects

This sneaker is so damn SICK!! Nike and Kanye did a hell of a job on these shoes. Definitely one of most favorite looking shoes of all time.

I am looking at trading a pair of DS Titanium 23's size 9.5 for some Solars. How much cash do you guys think I should add on top?

Originally Posted by Questions

Damn i missed out on these. Really wanted a black pair. Even offered people that i'll get every release the rest of this year guranteed but people just want cash no connects
I know someone locally who offered 2 Raptors courtside tickets (he's a season ticket holder) to any game this coming season minus the Lakers and Heat. No one took the offer....

Originally Posted by moneymike7719

I am looking at trading a pair of DS Titanium 23's size 9.5 for some Solars. How much cash do you guys think I should add on top?

matter fact i wouldn't even trade those titaniums. those are too damn nice and rare to trade for yeezys bro. did you drop retail? keep them...

thats just me though

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i've thought about it.

30t6p3b.gif

grin.gif
I hear you man... I don't think true collectors ever "retire"
I always told myself that I will retire once I...

- get married -

- bought a house -

- had a kid - 

check, check, and check (in a few months)... still going strong but DEFINITELY have stopped with the impulse buys, and purchasing 'just because' type shoe

couple years ago when the infrared pack dropped i met this dude in line who was like 55 or something, and he had just started really collecting cuz he said he waited for his kids to move out and go to college b4 he started blowing money on his hobby.

crazy tho, to meet someone that old who was up on his releases like that, and passionate about sneakers... you just don't meet people that age who care about stuff like this...

Originally Posted by 18th letter

matter fact i wouldn't even trade those titaniums. those are too damn nice and rare to trade for yeezys bro. did you drop retail? keep them...

thats just me though

I know I like them, but the Yeezys are my favorite shoe. It used to be the 11 until Nike butchered them with the recent retro shape.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I know someone locally who offered 2 Raptors courtside tickets (he's a season ticket holder) to any game this coming season minus the Lakers and Heat. No one took the offer....

i offered my swoosh account lol

Reading this thread on how some people got their pairs means it really was a crap shoot. NDC told my wife that they were there and would appear in 48 hours, but somehow the next morning NIKEs story changed. Meh. Props to those who got lucky and want them to wear or for their collection, whatever.

I will still hold out for my size at a decent price. If it doesnt happen, I got enough heaters to hold me over.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

thats just me though

I know I like them, but the Yeezys are my favorite shoe. It used to be the 11 until Nike butchered them with the recent retro shape.

Go ahead if you really want the yeezys but titaniums are better than pretty much any nike sportswear shoe out there, looks, quality and uniqueness, in my opinion of course. And I don't even mess with jordans like that, if i had them they would be one of my favorites out of my collection
pimp.gif

yeezys will be for sale for ever, its rare to find someone willing to sell their titaniums.

i offered my swoosh account lol
In 2012 a swoosh account don't mean *@$!
laugh.gif
...... you can't even use it on popular launch releases anymore, which was the main benefit. Even the usual clowns on here that were bragging about it before are now quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom