Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With yeezy prices so inflated, if you show pics and they look legit does it matter. I can't speak for the masses but I don't know who beats up yeezy's. DS or not DS

With yeezy prices so inflated, if you show pics and they look legit does it matter. I can't speak for the masses but I don't know who beats up yeezy's. DS or not DS

there was that one dude who did a review on the Yeezy One by hooping in them outdoors for a week... beat them to the ground, but rocked them more times than 99% of everyone else 8)

I've worn my Plats about 40 times, rain or shine. I paid too much to let them sit in a box. I wear them at least 5 days out of the week.

there was that one dude who did a review on the Yeezy One by hooping in them outdoors for a week... beat them to the ground, but rocked them more times than 99% of everyone else 8)

yup, he played 30 + pick up games in zens...

here's the full review:

MarcSJ said:
Credit goes to Euthanasia (author) -

125kitw.jpg

My love for Jordan 3's and basketball ended when the recent retros came out. I remember zoom air insoles with padded linings and midsoles that would last for a lifetime. Enough about that though. After getting the Air Yeezy's from a friend, I decided that they had the ankle support of the older Nike basketball shoes, extra padded lining, padded ankle supports like the Jordan 5's, and a midsole that carried along through many of Nike's shoes. Who said that the strap wasn't useful? It definitely tightens the grip on the hold for the width of the shoes, so there's a bit more resistance when doing quick motions.

The Facts:
Over 30 full court games played (20 minute pick up games)
Weight of actual player is 150 pounds
Surface: Gym Court/Laminate Wood

Let's start out with the basics.
Traction: 4.25/5.0
The traction has held up well in the gym with slip ups here and there. Sharing the Nike Revolution/Jordan 3 midsole, it is all too familiar what the soles are capable of. They deserved a 4.5 rating for the amount of stress its handled thus far.

Comfort: 4.25/5.0
The extra padding along the ankle definitely gives this shoe the upper hand. The inside is lined with the same material as the Kobe 4's (a lycra/nylon composite) which makes it smooth and comfortable. The material on the inside also stretches so it forms to your feet. The only thing missing about the shoes are a set of zoom air insoles to match with the air bubble. These shoes only come with a set of nylon/lycra topped gel inserts. Another problem is that there is a lot of room for your arch, so it is possible to overextend your foot arches while running (first-hand experience.)
2iiz5tu.jpg

Support/Stability: 4.75/5.0
I've found myself running up and down the court in these with no problem. The midsoles (god only knows how long they'll last) actually have held up pretty well under these stressful conditions. Jumping up and down and running down court isn't all that bad, especially since they're about 5-8 ounces heavier than a pair of Kobe 4's. As far as stability, the middle strap holds your foot in place when you're trying to do a crossover or a quick move, so there's less room for your foot to slide back and forth inside the shoe itself. That makes it stable and easier to do catch-and-shoot runs.
s1npds.jpg

Durability: 4.75/5.0
The newer foam material on the midsoles definitely hold up a lot better than the 2001 models of Jordan 3's. It took me a while to get some definitive creasing on the toe boxes, and surprisingly enough the straps only have one or two small places where there's actual physical chipping. The sole, regardless of the arduous tasks it has to carry still glows in the dark. The padding along the ankle and inside the shoe has yet to rip, overstretch or become uncomfortable.
1087dk4.jpg

Value: 0/5.0
Although the shoe is a magnificent wonder, it is not intended for basketball usage. Buying this shoe solely to ball in is a mistake, but I did it because I didn't care anyways. These shoes are a fashion icon but do have some means of functionality. For the price they're going for right now, you might as well make your own basketball shoes.
257irug.jpg

Final Say:
Although if I did have the money, I'd ball in the shoes more regularly, I'd say for people with weak ankles, this is a must. Great ankle support, great traction but the only few cons are the insoles (easily changeable), the arch support and probably the lifespan of the midsoles. The high grade leather makes the shoe really worth it and still look decent even if it meant playing through over 30 games.
34rhml5.jpg

:pimp:

I've worn my Plats about 40 times, rain or shine. I paid too much to let them sit in a box. I wear them at least 5 days out of the week.

if i had another pair of solars or a regular non signed pair i'd be wearing them every day. weather or activity has never stopped me from doing anything in my "rare" or hyped shoes.
I can't stand the idea of babying a pair of shoes and cleaning them every day :smh:

crazy thing is he could probably put them on ebay for $700 and some1 would cop

yup, he played 30 + pick up games in zens...

here's the full review:

MarcSJ said:
Credit goes to Euthanasia (author) -

125kitw.jpg

My love for Jordan 3's and basketball ended when the recent retros came out. I remember zoom air insoles with padded linings and midsoles that would last for a lifetime. Enough about that though. After getting the Air Yeezy's from a friend, I decided that they had the ankle support of the older Nike basketball shoes, extra padded lining, padded ankle supports like the Jordan 5's, and a midsole that carried along through many of Nike's shoes. Who said that the strap wasn't useful? It definitely tightens the grip on the hold for the width of the shoes, so there's a bit more resistance when doing quick motions.

The Facts:
Over 30 full court games played (20 minute pick up games)
Weight of actual player is 150 pounds
Surface: Gym Court/Laminate Wood

Let's start out with the basics.
Traction: 4.25/5.0
The traction has held up well in the gym with slip ups here and there. Sharing the Nike Revolution/Jordan 3 midsole, it is all too familiar what the soles are capable of. They deserved a 4.5 rating for the amount of stress its handled thus far.

Comfort: 4.25/5.0
The extra padding along the ankle definitely gives this shoe the upper hand. The inside is lined with the same material as the Kobe 4's (a lycra/nylon composite) which makes it smooth and comfortable. The material on the inside also stretches so it forms to your feet. The only thing missing about the shoes are a set of zoom air insoles to match with the air bubble. These shoes only come with a set of nylon/lycra topped gel inserts. Another problem is that there is a lot of room for your arch, so it is possible to overextend your foot arches while running (first-hand experience.)
2iiz5tu.jpg

Support/Stability: 4.75/5.0
I've found myself running up and down the court in these with no problem. The midsoles (god only knows how long they'll last) actually have held up pretty well under these stressful conditions. Jumping up and down and running down court isn't all that bad, especially since they're about 5-8 ounces heavier than a pair of Kobe 4's. As far as stability, the middle strap holds your foot in place when you're trying to do a crossover or a quick move, so there's less room for your foot to slide back and forth inside the shoe itself. That makes it stable and easier to do catch-and-shoot runs.
s1npds.jpg

Durability: 4.75/5.0
The newer foam material on the midsoles definitely hold up a lot better than the 2001 models of Jordan 3's. It took me a while to get some definitive creasing on the toe boxes, and surprisingly enough the straps only have one or two small places where there's actual physical chipping. The sole, regardless of the arduous tasks it has to carry still glows in the dark. The padding along the ankle and inside the shoe has yet to rip, overstretch or become uncomfortable.
1087dk4.jpg

Value: 0/5.0
Although the shoe is a magnificent wonder, it is not intended for basketball usage. Buying this shoe solely to ball in is a mistake, but I did it because I didn't care anyways. These shoes are a fashion icon but do have some means of functionality. For the price they're going for right now, you might as well make your own basketball shoes.
257irug.jpg

Final Say:
Although if I did have the money, I'd ball in the shoes more regularly, I'd say for people with weak ankles, this is a must. Great ankle support, great traction but the only few cons are the insoles (easily changeable), the arch support and probably the lifespan of the midsoles. The high grade leather makes the shoe really worth it and still look decent even if it meant playing through over 30 games.
34rhml5.jpg

nice! thanks for posting that... I have now been motivated to put my Y1 and Y2 heavier in my rotation :smokin

I'm an outspoken advocate for wearing your shoes but I consider yeezy's for show. We got some brave mofos in here saying that they practically beat their yeezy's. I got mines at retail and I'm still like "nah playa" so I can't imagine paying a G and up for em and have them be everyday shoes. But more power to you. Shoes were meant to be worn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom