Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone tried Sole Protector on their Yeezy's? or Sole Savers? Do the glue stick on the sole?

I have been watching several cases of yellowing even on DS pairs, do you know how to prevent them?

(Seriously, please don't tell me to keep them deathstock) 
tired.gif

That proto guy doesnt ****. No one wants to read essays. Im sure most of us is off from school.

proto gives great input to this thread... "most of us is off from school", you should probably go back... learn some proper grammar

That statement is correct!!

Proto dropped the atomic bomb on the last AY2 thread. It was so large, shoe blogs bit his pics!

Last edited:
Have anyone tried Sole Protector on their Yeezy's? or Sole Savers? Do the glue stick on the sole?
I have been watching several cases of yellowing even on DS pairs, do you know how to prevent them?
(Seriously, please don't tell me to keep them deadstock) |I

Sole Savers won't stop yellowing, just keep the soles clean. Can't stop yellowing it's a way of life. Honestly you don't want to hear it but you should get some wears in before it goes complete yellow.

here's a dope quote by Hudson Mohawke about this album:

There are a lot of amazing songs that were left off [Yeezus]-- stuff that you might consider to be more melodic or in-line with Kanye's previous material-- purely because they didn't necessarily fit this rough-edged, 90s-industrial-type vibe. A lot of the record is trying to avoid obviousness. Through the entire process of putting it together, there were tons of easy slam dunks, but rather than just going for the hits and having an album that nobody's going to give a f$#k about in a month or two, he intentionally sidestepped the obvious route each time. I think that's what's going to give it more longevity and put it in a category of records that you'll go back to in 10 years time.

I'm sorry but putting out an album of ten tracks, under 50 minutes long is unexceptable. I respect him for trying to keep the message of the album and not putting filler but this is a major release, not a mix tape or an LP. If he had two more quality songs he would have a great album as it stands it is to short to have permenat staying power as you get burnt out listening to the same 45 minutes of music over and over. I really like the album and have been listening to it a lot but I drive an hour or more a day and I have already had to find other music to listen to as it was becoming played out to me. On his longer CDs even after you skip the one track you don't like you have a solid hour of music.

The moral is, I love the creativity but I think it's a cop out not to make a full cd. When was the last time you watched a hour long movie and though this was awesome, I loved it, it explained a great story, I'm so glad it wasn't longer?

I fully believe this is a marketing move so they can release an updated deluxe album in the fall with the tracks they held back.

Last edited:
did the yeezys release only in stores or any any sites like nike eastbay champs etc......and will the yeezy 3s be online or in store only? thx 

Most likely there will be a NDC release, and a world wide release at select boutiques and stores. Depends on how many Nike decides to produce. Rumor is these might be a regular quickstrike, so they might be easier to get our hands on. Nike might decide to create a decent amount of pairs to satisfy more of the thirst for these. Definitely possible on their part since it seems they're using cheaper materials on the mid-panel (replacing the scales with a gradient material) and a diamond swoosh similar to the Lebron X.

illmatic...one of the greatest hip hop albums ever made was only 10 tracks long. It's not always the quantity but the quality is what makes a dope album. I'm not saying this album is anywhere up there with illmatic but IMO it's definitely better than most of the garbage being played in heavy rotation today.

lol kids who joined up today calling out kids who joined up today. can we put a password on this thread to keep out lurkers and the uneducated?
mean.gif

Yes, but with kanyes minimalist approach there is less verbal content that makes the album seem shorter then it is because you memorize it faster. I really like the album as is, but feel like it wasn't fully finished. Plus I hate the trend the last few years, put out an album and then release a deluxe version with one more good track and 2 throw-aways. Or a few good tracks that were held from the album intentionally to be able to sell the same album durning the holiday season.

On the flip side I think the blueprint 2 should have been better as one cd with less filler.

Last edited:
So an Ndc release and select boutiques, exactly what I thought... Thx gentleman's.... Need these hazelnuts and black mints lol

Just because people are new members doesn't mean they are uneducated about a certain shoe of what's going on in a thread. I've been following this thread since it was first started, and today, I finally decided to become a member. There's nothing wrong with that. 

Haha I collect Jordans and LeBrons and have a good amount but the red yeezys look good and if they do release on Nike.com I got a good shot, im pretty quick, got the denims corks breds that way lol.... So if it stays true n they are on the site I gota good chance =)

That proto guy doesnt ****. No one wants to read essays. Im sure most of us are* off from school.
You're an idiot. I don't even think there's anything else to say. Go read what he posted a few more times and maybe you'll learn something.. but probably not.

Quote:
I'm sorry but putting out an album of ten tracks, under 50 minutes long is unexceptable.
This isn't supposed to be your typical "hip-hop" album. If you're going to approach it in that manner, then you're not going to completely understand the angle of this record. It's intentionally short, as somewhat explained by that quote Proto posted. This album is supposed to be edgy and "questionable" for lack of a better term - inspired by early 90s Chicago house and industrial music.

The track list is short for playability. The exact opposite of what you see. The short playtime is supposed to make you feel compelled to play it again - as it is short and "questionable", so it drives you to hear it again and actually catch all the subtleties of the production.

I'm not here to give a music lesson, as I know most people are really limited to the American mainstream, so it would be a long lesson, but in terms of musical value this is one of the best albums to drop in my recent memory. I dare anyone else to try and pull anything else like this off.

Cheers to you though, Proto, as it's not very easy to explain eclectic music to people and you couldn't have done it better.

Haha I collect Jordans and LeBrons and have a good amount but the red yeezys look good and if they do release on Nike.com I got a good shot, im pretty quick, got the denims corks breds that way lol.... So if it stays true n they are on the site I gota good chance =)
We dont care. Go to the respective threads and show off to them.

Yeezy is 90% of the time wearing black. What's up with that.
He wears leather/pleather pants and shirts which are black. And black accents red shoes and a gold chain pretty good

it was actually rick rubin's idea to cut it down to 10 tracks, was originally 16, according to this interview:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswe...bin-on-crashing-kanye-s-album-in-15-days.html

there may be a 2nd part to it.

i see ye's wearing the red's out and about now...

i really hope they mass produce these.

i'm not about that jump thru rings of fire to obtain a pair of shoes life anymore (tho i'm sure even if mass produced, they're not gonna be easy)...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom