Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but putting out an album of ten tracks, under 50 minutes long is unexceptable. I respect him for trying to keep the message of the album and not putting filler but this is a major release, not a mix tape or an LP. If he had two more quality songs he would have a great album as it stands it is to short to have permenat staying power as you get burnt out listening to the same 45 minutes of music over and over. I really like the album and have been listening to it a lot but I drive an hour or more a day and I have already had to find other music to listen to as it was becoming played out to me. On his longer CDs even after you skip the one track you don't like you have a solid hour of music.

The moral is, I love the creativity but I think it's a cop out not to make a full cd. When was the last time you watched a hour long movie and though this was awesome, I loved it, it explained a great story, I'm so glad it wasn't longer?

I fully believe this is a marketing move so they can release an updated deluxe album in the fall with the tracks they held back.
Quality > quantity.

Did you even re-read your post before hitting submit? Are you seriously complaining that if the album had two more tracks than it would make an "album"?

Why would you want to have skip a track you don't like? Are you actually requesting the album to have filler?!

Since you seem to think ten tracks is a cop out, here is a list of albums regarded as classics that changed genre's that have 10 tracks or less:
  1. Nas' Illmatic
  2. Run-D.M.C.'s Run-D.M.C.
  3. Eric B. & Rakim's Paid In Full
  4. Big Daddy Kane's Long Live the Kane
  5. EPMD's Strictly Business
  6. Joy Division's Closer
  7. New Order's Power, Corruption & Lies
  8. Kraftwerk's Trans-Europe Express
  9. Marvin Gaye's What's Going On
  10. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue
  11. James Brown's Live at the Aollo
  12. Pink Floyd's  Dark Side of the Moon
  13. Radiohead's Kid A
  14. Michael Jackson's Thriller
  15. Michael Jackson's Off the Wall
Stop trying to look at Yeezus  like any other run-of-the-mill rap album with 24 tracks where half are ******g interludes. Good music doesn't need filler.

lol kids who joined up today calling out kids who joined up today. can we put a password on this thread to keep out lurkers and the uneducated?
mean.gif

You act like your an OG or something. You and I haven't been on NT that long, quit frontin

So those who didn't read the rules still have a chance, that's nice.
i mean most of the people entering are prob those FB sneakerheads and most of em arent even 18+ so i think we still have a good shot

i have faith
smile.gif

also everybody hatin on yeezus but give it a few years they ganna be talking bout its their favorite ye album

i remember when 808s came out and i was digging it was dope cause it was diff from graduation but everybody else was hatin on the autotune

a few years later all those haters talkin bout its their favorite album
mean.gif

and where can i cop solar reds for a decent price? Not over $1800 size 9?
Good luck with that man. Currently on the lookout for a size 10 plat and not having any luck. 

Todays last entry day for week 1, I hope we see some winners in here tomorrow. 

did the yeezys release only in stores or any any sites like nike eastbay champs etc......and will the yeezy 3s be online or in store only? thx 

and here come the clueless cats lol

like some of you already said, I wish for once that the yeezys would drop at some local places like top finish lines and foot lockers and not just hoh which is shady and mom and pops that sell how ever they want (or not at all). even if the numbers were just like a size run I'd feel better about being able to line up at a local Finishline rather than having to enter a raffle and have to compete with every sneakerhead in the city

who remembers this?

i finally found this song it sums about 90% of the people ITT

ill leave it here for whats about to happen after tonight
laugh.gif

too many quotables in here

Not sure if this is the correct place, but is anybody having trouble entering the giveaway? I received an email, with a ticket ID, is this consider the code? Every time I enter it, the site states the code is not recognized. Any help, thanks in advance.

I can see those who understand music and those who are in love with Kanye. Re-read my post, I expected more out of Kanye West then the abbreviated album he gave us. I wanted 2 more tracks of the same quality. I wanted there to be more to enjoy. You don't need to list albums that also contained 10 tracks. I wanted there to be more tracks on Ill'matic too but content wise it took longer to absorb, and felt longer.

I'm 30 years old I'm not looking for mainstream rap that passes as hip-hop these days. I understand what he was going for aesthetically, I was commenting more on the bigger picture of artists releasing cd's, only to rerelease for the holiday season with tracks that should have been on the album all along. I know sometimes those decisions come from higher ups, not the artists themselves.

Last edited:
Just read the article, I now know that he was in a rush to finish the album, and decided to make it two albums instead. I appreciate the artistry of it all still but this is exactly what I felt happen listening through the album. In my option the album ends abruptly, being part 1 of 2 albums explains that. Thank for posting that DJ Proto J

I can see those who understand music and those who are in love with Kanye. Re-read my post, I expected more out of Kanye West then the abbreviated album he gave us. I wanted 2 more tracks of the same quality. I wanted there to be more to enjoy. You don't need to list albums that also contained 10 tracks. I wanted there to be more tracks on Ill'matic too but content wise it took longer to absorb, and felt longer.

I'm 30 years old I'm not looking for mainstream rap that passes as hip-hop these days. I understand what he was going for aesthetically, I was commenting more on the bigger picture of artists releasing cd's, only to rerelease for the holiday season with tracks that should have been on the album all along. I know sometimes those decisions come from higher ups, not the artists themselves.

not to hijack, but this is exactly what oeople are asking for from the music BUSINESS. People don't allow music to be appreciated. They want new music every two weeks. So the US market is slowly adapting Asia's, which puts out more "mini-albums" than full out alums. Basically a single or two, and 3 crappy songs no one wants to listen to. That way, they can release new stuff every quarter, stay relevant. This also gives labels/artists more revenue opportunities by chopping up albums, repackage albums, release special editions...creating more revenue.

Can't blame Kanye. This is what the music business is now. Don't expect quality albums from mainstream artists. That ship has sailed.

Downloaded Yeezus on release day to my Mac iTunes, but the site never moved past Software Loading for about 5 minutes when I selected the option. Requested a code instead and submitted that. Anyone else have trouble with that "Software" option?

Good luck with that man. Currently on the lookout for a size 10 plat and not having any luck. 

they email the winners that quickly? :nerd:

so that means week 2 we can enter again with the same CD?

Yeezus is easily my favorite album so far this year, and I don't think that'll change, but with all these albums coming out it'll be a tough year. On topic I really hope theres gonna be more than 50 of these. Im sure there will be but I guess these are special pairs

Quality > quantity.

Did you even re-read your post before hitting submit? Are you seriously complaining that if the album had two more tracks than it would make an "album"?

Why would you want to have skip a track you don't like? Are you actually requesting the album to have filler?!

Since you seem to think ten tracks is a cop out, here is a list of albums regarded as classics that changed genre's that have 10 tracks or less:

1. Nas' Illmatic
  2. Run-D.M.C.'s Run-D.M.C.
  3. Eric B. & Rakim's Paid In Full
  4. Big Daddy Kane's Long Live the Kane
  5. EPMD's Strictly Business
  6. Joy Division's Closer
  7. New Order's Power, Corruption & Lies
  8. Kraftwerk's Trans-Europe Express
  9. Marvin Gaye's What's Going On
  10. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue
  11. James Brown's Live at the Aollo
  12. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon
  13. Radiohead's Kid A
  14. Michael Jackson's Thriller
  15. Michael Jackson's Off the Wall

Stop trying to look at Yeezus like any other run-of-the-mill rap album with 24 tracks where half are ******g interludes. Good music doesn't need filler.

Yeezus is still awful.

they email the winners that quickly? :nerd:

so that means week 2 we can enter again with the same CD?
I think I read the winners will be notified within 5 days of the end of each entry week. Looks like they keep changing info tho so who knows

not clueless just cuz i can careless about kanye wests sneaker.....if these are online at nike.com i will have a pair very simple.....i dont buy these things to resell i keep my kicks or hookup friends that couldnt get, all i asked was a simple will they be online at nike.com or at HOH and boutiques only.

Haha I collect Jordans and LeBrons and have a good amount but the red yeezys look good and if they do release on Nike.com I got a good shot, im pretty quick, got the denims corks breds that way lol.... So if it stays true n they are on the site I gota good chance =)
according to you, you use a bot. so piss off with your lies. Quick deez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom