Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess its safe to assume that winners will have to fill out a 1099 at the end of the years for the $245.

I can't find the list of winners for Week 1.
nerd.gif
WINNERS LIST:  For a winners list (available between 7/30/13 and 8/31/13), go to giveaway.kanyewest.com.

Last edited:
I guess its safe to assume that winners will have to fill out a 1099 at the end of the years for the $245.

Don't think so. I didn't have to report my winnings of the paranormans. I'm thinking Nike wants people to sign the affidavit to say they will not sell the item and they can be used for promos without getting paid. Also, the IRS really isn't going to hunt you down for $245, they go after bigger numbers.

I just found this: "If you had any wins with a prize value of more than $600, you will receive a 1099-MISC form from the sponsor at the end of the year"

Last edited:
I think the contest is crap.. I entered but I know I don't have a chance like this, so I'm just gonna be on the lookout.

Don't think so. I didn't have to report my winnings of the paranormans. I'm thinking Nike wants people to sign the affidavit to say they will not sell the item and they can be used for promos without getting paid. Also, the IRS really isn't going to hunt you down for $245, they go after bigger numbers.

I just found this: "If you had any wins with a prize value of more than $600, you will receive a 1099-MISC form from the sponsor at the end of the year"

They will go after $245 they went after my brother for $100, but to make worth their while they looked at his pervious returns and it went up to a thousand. Guy said they would have let it slide at a $100 but he red flagged and that got his last three returns audited.

Cool, glad it's $600. That sounds about right cause i think 500 is when they make you pick up lottery winnings at the lotter office.

Last edited:
They will go after $245 they went after my brother for $100, but to make worth their while they looked at his pervious returns and it went up to a thousand. Guy said they would have let it slide at a $100 but he red flagged and that got his last three returns audited.

Cool, glad it's $600. That sounds about right cause i think 500 is when they make you pick up lottery winnings at the lotter office.

You are right. The IRS would go after $245, I should have said, they usually go for higher amounts. They do like to audit past returns and your brother should expect to be audited again for the next couple of years. Also, with the lottery you would get the form W-2G, which is a lot easier to put on your tax return. 1099-MISC is not so easy, unless you have done it before.

Last edited:
Can I keep entering with a new code and the same email each week? I entered first week, and again now with the free code generated by the site, but I didn't get another confirmation email, if that's even supposed to happen.

Did anybody else notice this in the Contest Rules?

Prize award notices will be sent to each winner approximately thirty (30) days after winner verification detailing when winner should receive prize, which is expected to ship by February 2014. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission for Sponsor, Nike Inc. and their agents to use each winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.

February 2014???

Can I keep entering with a new code and the same email each week? I entered first week, and again now with the free code generated by the site, but I didn't get another confirmation email, if that's even supposed to happen.

Did you use a different addy?

I think that, in the unlikely event that u actually win, that you will get the shoes before February of next year lol. that's just a cover your a*s statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom