Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if it looks that grey and worn only a year after release, i'd be careful...

i keep mine sitting out on a display case in my room so i have had no problems...

i'm about to have custom display cases built tho, with uv resistant glass doors, to keep light and dust out (tho light and dust hasn't had any noticeable effect on any of my shoes, not even ones that have been sitting out for over 5 or 6 years straight).
So people really do keep certain items of personal attire in a display case to gawk at, in their bedroom no less. Not like a signed player worn jersey or something. Very interesting....

Last edited:
well, if it looks that grey and worn only a year after release, i'd be careful...

i keep mine sitting out on a display case in my room so i have had no problems...

i'm about to have custom display cases built tho, with uv resistant glass doors, to keep light and dust out (tho light and dust hasn't had any noticeable effect on any of my shoes, not even ones that have been sitting out for over 5 or 6 years straight).
So people really do keep certain items of personal attire in a display case to gawk at, in their bedroom no less. Not like a signed player worn jersey or something. Very interesting....
well..if you put it that way 
laugh.gif

I do the same thing. I got 4 of those ikea displays that were popular last year. Why keep them in boxes in a closet when you can put them out and enjoy seeing them on a daily basis? I just rotate them around and wear the ones I feel like. Plus they are an instant conversation starter.

I do the same thing. I got 4 of those ikea displays that were popular last year. Why keep them in boxes in a closet when you can put them out and enjoy seeing them on a daily basis? I just rotate them around and wear the ones I feel like. Plus they are an instant conversation starter.
Just to be clear, in your bedroom? If so, then ohh, you witty conversationalist, the ladies must love you. :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, I got most of my shoes out on display on shelves throughout my room (J's, SB's, Asics, Air Max's, etc). Moving some into a spare bedroom soon, but yeah, I'd rather have them out and get to see them often, than have them in boxes and forget I have half of them. Once your collection gets to a certain size, if you rotate thru them, some shoes you may not even see once a year. I didn't buy them to sit in there boxes and never see them, I bought them to wear and look at, cuz I love them that much (and I'm more likely to wear them more often if I see them, the ones I have in their boxes def get slept on more). Some shoes are kinda like works of art, very aesthetically pleasing, and look good together in a display case, IMO.

Yeah, I got most of my shoes out on display on shelves throughout my room (J's, SB's, Asics, Air Max's, etc). Moving some into a spare bedroom soon, but yeah, I'd rather have them out and get to see them often, than have them in boxes and forget I have half of them. Once your collection gets to a certain size, if you rotate thru them, some shoes you may not even see once a year. I didn't buy them to sit in there boxes and never see them, I bought them to wear and look at, cuz I love them that much (and I'm more likely to wear them more often if I see them, the ones I have in their boxes def get slept on more). Some shoes are kinda like works of art, very aesthetically pleasing, and look good together in a display case, IMO.
This

Last edited:
Lol how old are you jw?

roll.gif
I can't. 

can you post a pic of your display cases? better yet how it looks in your room? might do that for my spare room, of course if the wife approves lol

Lol how old are you jw?

old enough to know if you use the word "swag", you prolly don't have any... :lol:

ok... you really gonna reach on that too? lol. all i was saying is i love sneakers enough to not leave them in their box all the time, i'd rather have them out to see 'em everyday, even if it means that's bad for them, cuz some say storing in the box is best...

man, you stay on my tip huh? :lol:

can you post a pic of your display cases? better yet how it looks in your room? might do that for my spare room, of course if the wife approves lol

the stuff i have now is just kinda thrown together, but i'm getting nice custom display cases made over the next couple weeks, i'll post pix when done.

this is what part of it looks like now tho, except i've added plats up there with the solars:

192714_10151006342026467_1386201135_o.jpg

Last edited:
Damn man never knew u had jaspers, very nice! Prices on them be ridiculous nowadays, need the grey and pink ones in my life. They will be had

thanx guys... that's a pic from last year... i need to retake it with the plats now, looks better with them up there.

Those are OG 1985 Black Toe 1's btw (super rare size 13, and super close to DS, 99.5% stars, I've worn them a couple times tho). With OG hang tag... Not the recent retro. :smokin

Last edited:
old enough to know if you use the word "swag", you prolly don't have any... :lol:
ok... you really gonna reach on that too? lol. all i was saying is i love sneakers enough to not leave them in their box all the time, i'd rather have them out to see 'em everyday, even if it means that's bad for them, cuz some say storing in the box is best...

man, you stay on my tip huh? :lol:
the stuff i have now is just kinda thrown together, but i'm getting nice custom display cases made over the next couple weeks, i'll post pix when done.

this is what part of it looks like now tho, except i've added plats up there with the solars:

192714_10151006342026467_1386201135_o.jpg
Thanks for the new instagram pic b!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom