Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: I'll make use of this useless '.' post.

Read the last question. The wording makes one believe that the III's will in fact release one day.. http://www.frank151.com/news/this-man-designed-your-nikes-nathan-vanhook-interview.html#.UmFBFpm9LCQ

Also: worked on this on and off. Anyone have any idea about the initials I'm missing? This was from a few months back on my KTT account

AH, DV, AW --?

this is high quality stansmenship

Last edited:
RO's will have a higher resell value then plats and initially solars because they'll be less pairs then the first 2. Eventually solars and RO's will even out around the same with solars probably goin for a couple hundred more. REMEMBER I SAID THIS...

RO's will have a higher resell value then plats and initially solars because they'll be less pairs then the first 2. Eventually solars and RO's will even out around the same with solars probably goin for a couple hundred more. REMEMBER I SAID THIS...
sounds true.

I remember seeing Steezy's pickup of solars referred to as a "steal" at the time. All I could do was 
mean.gif
 at the thought of 1k being a steal. Now all i could do is 
mean.gif
 for not pulling the trigger on those prices at the time.

Theyre not gym shoes though. They're a fashion sneaker. A basic pair of louboutins retail at that price

Don't get me wrong, I love yeezys but Yeezys can't even be compared to Louboutins in anything except price. The materials used on the worst pair of Louboutins>materials used on yeezys. Given the choice though, I'd cop yeezys 100% of the time over Louboutins though :lol:

Why is the SC version of this thread a slow mess? Proto's fit pics he put on here last week are already like 100 pages back

Whereas the same fit from the same day is front and center still on SC :lol:

SC has gotten really slow lately... doesn't seem to have nearly as many active users as they used to. can be seen all around, runner forum, wdywt, etc, etc... for instance, i entered the jordan outfit battle and they needed 16 participants to start, they pushed it back to allow more time to enter, and still only have 12, and have said they're just gonna go head with just 12... :lol:

don't know what's going on over there... NT seems just as busy as ever.

the reds will start out with a higher resell than the plats and solars started with, simply cuz cats see dollar signs cuz they see how much solars fetch... reality is tho, the only reason solars can fetch $3k is cuz they're aren't many DS pairs up for sale anymore, and they sell, cuz the cats in the market for them have dough like that...

but when the market is flooded with the reds, not everyone has money to blow like that, and pairs will sit, until sellers start coming down just to hurry up and move them, and that has a domino effect on all of em, and prices will drop within a couple weeks of release...

as pairs dry up, prices go back up... this happens with every single hyped release.

even RF's most hyped asics release, within a couple days of release, cats try to command overly high prices, hardly anybody bites, prices come down over the next couple weeks, and then within a few weeks / couple months, pairs dry up, and prices go back up...

a couple / few weeks after RD is almost always the best time to cop if you miss them for retail... that's how i copped my DS solars for $1350.00 shipped... a total steal compared to prices now, and i knew that was gonna be the case... i got my DS plats in march of this year, and i knew it was now or never then, cuz just as i suspected, you can't find DS plats size 12 for under $2K now... right after that prices jumped, cuz there are fewer and fewer pairs up for sale.

the only problem with these is, it's mostly moms & pops shops that get them, not corporate stores that have to charge retail... and these shops now know the stoopid bread these go for, so most are mega taxing just for you to get them out the store. this is what makes it hard for these to come down under $1,000... it cost a lot of people that or more after camping out in front of a store for 2 weeks and exchanging money in a freaking store, and not a reseller's hands...

this shoe has turned stores in to RE-resellers... :smh: i never saw a store charging over retail until the yeezy 1... even leaders in chicago was charging $500 for zens...

keeping these out of corporate ran stores and mostly into the hands of moms & pops seems like nike's way of throwing those accounts a bone after making them buy all these garbage GR's that sit and rot on their shelves, and they lose money, just to have a nike account...

this shoe really did change things for the worse, more than any other... too bad i absolutely LOVE the way it looks tho... :rolleyes :lol:

last time I used SC/iss was when the first yeezys were coming out. somebody from my area was doing a kind of live blog in the thread of the line up at the Chicago HOH (when there were only 3). good times, whole forum used to crack lol. it slowly fell off ever since then

Last edited:
It's crazy to see how much higher resell prices have gotten over the years for this sneaker. I still remember when the first Yeezys dropped in 2009, the Blinks were the ones fetching $1K+, while Zen Greys and the Net pair were under $1k. I even remember seeing legit pairs of Zens and Nets going for as low as $600 on Craigslist. A lot has definitely changed in the world of sneakers.

Last edited:
It's crazy to see how much higher resell prices have gotten over the years for this sneaker. I still remember when the first Yeezys dropped in 2009, the Blinks were the ones fetching $1K+, while Zen Greys and the Net pair were under $1k. I even remember seeing legit pairs of Zens and Nets going for as low as $600 on Craigslist. A lot has definitely changed in the world of sneakers.

I remember paying $500 shipped for the Zens the day after release and felt guilty for paying that much. I payed $500 plus shipping a year later for DS Nets and thought it was a deal. Where I live there is zero chance to get a Zeezy for retail. I can't see myself paying as much or more than what I paid for my solars. It is just too much of a headache to get these and too ridiculous to pay resale.

THIS.

You got cats just tryin to cop any and every LIMITED release so they can stunt on instagram and social media regardless of how atrocious the shoes might look. 

I couldn't have said it better. General Releases in my local FB sneaker group are almost frowned up, and "heat" is only synonymous with how limited a particular shoe is. Maybe I'm just too old, but heat means what I like and nothing else.

I couldn't have said it better. General Releases in my local FB sneaker group are almost frowned up, and "heat" is only synonymous with how limited a particular shoe is. Maybe I'm just too old, but heat means what I like and nothing else.
its all for attention and approval my friend. People in my local group are always asking people to rate their collection or if this/that shoe is heat or how much it will go for. Whatever just happened to getting kicks you like?

I still do that. I still rock kicks that I like. I really don't ask my friends hey should I get this shoe, I only get it if I want it. Not just sneakers, but clothes and really anything.

I miss how the game used to be, man. I remember when Yeezy 1s first released and resale was $500 and dudes would consider that rape lol. I remember someone was selling the entire set right after Nets released for about $1700 and dudes were crying rape! Lol I bet you wish you would've copped now, huh? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom