Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 AFTERMATH THREAD ----- NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by macky

Originally Posted by xbiker47

A lot of people had these on today at CGS3

Anyone win the Villa raffle?
nerd.gif
I didnt win but the dude from akron right next to me at the bar did... seemed like there were more than 250 people in it. but im glad they raffled 18 pairs, i was thinking they would do like 5 pairs. I didnt wear my yeezys to CGS3 b/c i figured a bunch of people would have them on, but i only saw like 3 people with them on while i was there. Was my 1st time seeing the plats. i wasnt impressed, way better in pics than in person,  but they do look good on feet.
YEA THERE WAS MORE THAN 250 IN IT. THERE WERE THE 250 WHO REGISTERED VIA THE LINK BUT THERE WAS ALSO A GUEST LIST OF PEOPLE WHO COULD ENTER IT AS WELL. I DIDN'T WIN A PAIR BUT IT WAS COOL THAT THEY HAD 18 PAIRS IN THE RAFFLE.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

just saw this on facebook:

579950_10151849438130158_692244623_n.jpg
Pathetic.

And this goes to show u the yeezys ones are a fair superior to these flawed yeezys 2 , shows how Nike is playing us all for fools keep asking how high and Nike is telling u to jump and jump , no one wants to stand up for this poor quality everyone takes it and ask for seconds this is complete BS TO EVERYONE EVEN WORSE IF U PAID OVER RETAIL WHICH SHOWS THESE AREN'T EVEN WORTH THT , now let's see these keep selling at 1000plus and just laugh

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by terx

Getting a little desperate , can't find a decent deal
30t6p3b.gif
just gonna have to keep on waiting
Patience.

Also, if the whole rush is trying to get a pair to wear this summer you might as well throw that idea out the window. Just be patient and give yourself time from now until the end of the year and "better prices" will pop up.

exactly then you are screwed. prices keep going up supply down

anyways animal thug how'd you do @ the villa raffle?

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Originally Posted by moneymike7719

I officially threw in the towel after seeing the cracking. I'll buy them if I find a pair for under $500 so you can say I'll never get them. Can't see spending that much for something that peels. I mean if you spend $2000 to get your car or house painted and it peeled you would be pissed and want to return it but not with a $245 shoe lmao

After seeing the problems with these, I'm re-thinking things. I'm definitely not in any kind of rush now.
Sheesh! I've been trying to work out a deal here and there on the plats and try to cop for around 1400ish at the most. Mostly craigslist ads. Nothing has panned out thus far, and I guess I'm pretty glad now. I weigh like 235. 
I would hate to drop that kind of cash on these if they're gonna start peeling like this. Being that size, I know I'd be susceptible to it.

I also got in touch with a friend of mine that has the platinum's. He told me he's worn them 5 times, casually... after making him aware of the issue, he noticed some minor peeling on them, well, on the righ one, he said. I think I may have ruined his day, haha! He didn't even think to check for that till I told him what I had seen on here. He weighs like 190. I guess lucky for him, he bought his pair for retail.

Like you, moneymike7719, I think Im done. The shoe is dope as hell and I was really looking at getting both pairs to have in time for some summer wears. I also knew the set was gonna run me around 3 G's... but man, after reading and seeing these examples and hearing my homies experience, I cant justify throwing money away like that.

Im really anxious to see and hear other peoples experiences as they wear them a few more times. Spending that kind of cash and having to be over cautious and paranoid just doesnt set well with me. Its like wearing a pair of damn Faberge eggs on your feet. Ha! Guess I'll have to turn  my attention towards some other kick's on my list now for the time-being.

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

just saw this on facebook:

579950_10151849438130158_692244623_n.jpg
Pathetic.

i heard if you peel enough paint off the midsole, it'll reveal a secret message from Kanye...i don't have a pair so i can't confirm this....don't think nike would make a $250 sneaker peel for nothin

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

30t6p3b.gif
Patience.

Also, if the whole rush is trying to get a pair to wear this summer you might as well throw that idea out the window. Just be patient and give yourself time from now until the end of the year and "better prices" will pop up.
Exactly why you have to play the "game" smart.

the CGS event was pretty nice, better than i thought. i saw a few sellers tryin to sell their plats for 2-2200 range. i offered my pair to most of the dealers/collectors there and none wanted em for hundreds less than what anyone else there was selling em for....a few people said come back after they sell a few more pairs but i wasnt about to wait all day for some guy to come up with more cash. overall a good event tho

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

30t6p3b.gif
Patience.

Exactly why you have to play the "game" smart.

frown.gif
its a "game". alot of good players left or are leaving, some are taking their heat with them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by macky

Originally Posted by xbiker47

A lot of people had these on today at CGS3

Anyone win the Villa raffle?
nerd.gif
I didnt win but the dude from akron right next to me at the bar did... seemed like there were more than 250 people in it. but im glad they raffled 18 pairs, i was thinking they would do like 5 pairs. I didnt wear my yeezys to CGS3 b/c i figured a bunch of people would have them on, but i only saw like 3 people with them on while i was there. Was my 1st time seeing the plats. i wasnt impressed, way better in pics than in person,  but they do look good on feet.
YEA THERE WAS MORE THAN 250 IN IT. THERE WERE THE 250 WHO REGISTERED VIA THE LINK BUT THERE WAS ALSO A GUEST LIST OF PEOPLE WHO COULD ENTER IT AS WELL. I DIDN'T WIN A PAIR BUT IT WAS COOL THAT THEY HAD 18 PAIRS IN THE RAFFLE.
There were less than 250 people in the raffle. 250 registered but tried to enter multiple times so Villa pulled most of their names completely. Others names on their were as far away as LA who of course did not show.

I know for a fact 220 people were in the raffle at max. I know the guys who hosted Clevelands Got Sole and directly talked to Patrick of Villa.

I know about 6 homies who won a pair including the one originally got quoted above.

pimp.gif

It was a great event and a success in my opinion. My boy that road with me won a pair.

And yes, a third colorway will drop in August. Villa guy also confirmed that to an extent...

He just said "Have an open schedule in August. That's all I can say."

Since I was traveling in Asia during the week of release, I couldn't participate in any of the twitter RSVPs. After failing to win any of the online raffles and the nightmare on NDC, I pretty much lost hope on getting a pair. My fiancés connect came through and was able to get my pair from Juice in Hong Kong. I'm hoping to get a pair of platinums if prices come down.

Has anybody seen/heard of any cracking/peeling on the Solars? I just picked up a pair of platinums but now I'm a little hesitant to wear them after seeing that. I rather trade em and add a little cash for the Solars.

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Has anybody seen/heard of any cracking/peeling on the Solars? I just picked up a pair of platinums but now I'm a little hesitant to wear them after seeing that. I rather trade em and add a little cash for the Solars.

I've worn my couple of times and no tracking so far. 

Tbh, it shouldn't take cracking for you to release that the yeezys are not worth $1500+

Originally Posted by akuratl02

I'm never one to complain about quality, especially when only a few samples have been provided ... But for some reason, this one irks me, because nobody .... and I repeat, NOBODY, should be dishing out $1500+ for sneakers that peel in a few wears.

We all know that Nike are the kings of exploitation by now, but I think these pics of peeling, chipped Yeezys should be posted on Yeezys Twitter ... I think he would share our concern for buying a product with so much emphasis on creativity behind it, but low-scale quality.

I with you on getting Nike to stop cutting corners and increase their quality, but they aren't the only reason people are spending $1500+ on these shoes.  It's really our fault, we're willing to pay thousands of dollars for shoes that we know are sub-par quality.  If Nike increases the quality, they're gonna increase the price, so instead of paying $2000 for some Yeezys, we'll be paying $3000+ for a pair.  I wouldn't mind getting these for retail, knowing the paint will chip eventually, but I can't justify paying even $1000 for them...

WARNING:

ANY ATTEMPTS TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE (NO MATTER THE ASKING PRICE) MAY LEAD TO A SUSPENSION FROM NIKETALK. THIS GOES FOR EVERYTHING...INCLUDING BUYING OR SELLING "INFORMATION".

TAKE THAT STUFF TO THE BUY/SELL FORUMS.

I've noticed the plats have gone down in price, you can even find some for about $1200 outside of ebay but the solars stay at $1700+
30t6p3b.gif

Fifth time wearing these since just a few days prior to RD. Wore a basic white v-neck and loose jeans. As for the shoes, no paint-chipping or creasing. However, I credit that to not abusing them nor being obese. Again. I'll take the dude who wore them to EDC as well as the guy who actually skated in them over those photos. The last one actually looks like someone scored the heel with a razor. I've yet to wear my Platinums as Florida weather this week has been horribly bad so I can't really vouch for them. Despite all that, paint-chipping won't detour me from wearing them if they do, in fact, start chipping...
As for a few solutions for those with these in their possession, I am currently using Sneaker Shields in them and I don't even notice that they're inside. In regards to the lace-tips, I wore them the first couple of times without the obelisks in order to not risk losing them. However, I liked the look of them on much better. I didn't want a permanent solution to keep them on so I started messing around and decided to use some of my Sticky Bumps wax. For those not familiar with this product, it's a type of wax used for better grip while surfing. I basically just pinched off a little and rolled it into a small ball. After that, I stuffed it inside the lace-tips and just screwed them on. There will be some excess wax that comes out, but it's easy to get it off with your fingers...

Anyone yet to figure out what these letters mean?

WDYWT_0612.jpg

got in touch with that guy with the cracked plats... he sent me more pix... he's sending the pix to nike too... he'll let me know what happens from it (prolly a dumb gift card, but no improvement on the actual problem, lol)...

forgot to mention in this thread, but i met J Cole the other night. he was in town opening for Drake and that whole tour... he came into a club i'm resident DJ at... he was wearing the solars.

we chopped it up about the yeezy 2's and he gave me a drop for my mixtapes...

i grew up skating in his home town (it was the nearest town with a skate shop and skate park), so it was cool finally meeting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom