Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my thing is, nike acted all concerned about the violence on the last couple of hyped releases...

i mean, sure, stores can charge whatever they want, it's a suggested price on the box, and i know nike doesn't do anything about them up-charging...

but what if you were to record the convo about them starting at $1,500 and not accepting cards, and basically saying they don't care if kids get robbed outside of their store with thousands in cash...

if that convo were sent to nike, would being that reckless make nike wanna do anything about it? take away their account maybe?

i'm not even gonna mess with them, but if i did, i'd have a burner on me for sure, and the first hint of someone trying to rob me, violence would pop off (not even saying it would end well for me, but i wouldn't just let it go down like that without a fight, and i think a lot of people will have the same mentality... not many people are just gonna sit there and let some low-life take a couple stacks from 'em and not do anything about it)...

you know this release is gonna be chaotic y'all... just sayin'...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

my thing is, nike acted all concerned about the violence on the last couple of hyped releases...

i mean, sure, stores can charge whatever they want, it's a suggested price on the box, and i know nike doesn't do anything about them up-charging...

but what if you were to record the convo about them starting at $1,500 and not accepting cards, and basically saying they don't care if kids get robbed outside of their store with thousands in cash...

if that convo were sent to nike, would being that reckless make nike wanna do anything about it? take away their account maybe?

i'm not even gonna mess with them, but if i did, i'd have a burner on me for sure, and the first hint of someone trying to rob me, violence would pop off (not even saying it would end well for me, but i wouldn't just let it go down like that without a fight, and i think a lot of people will have the same mentality... not many people are just gonna sit there and let some low-life take a couple stacks from 'em and not do anything about it)...

you know this release is gonna be chaotic y'all... just sayin'...
i don't think so
nike lives for the publicity. if they find out stores are overcharging they'll just up their prices again for the next release aka lebron elites

just had a boutique tell me they're selling for $1500.00... 
indifferent.gif

.... for a pair of sneakers.....

^^^^ that ain't %$$...check ebay

SMH at people driving up prices for these....$4,500 is beyond rape. There will be some fool that will pay that much too....

You guys stone face but if you were in their shoes you'd do the same thing. Teenagers throwing money at you and you wouldn't take it? Cmon man

Maybe Nike is being secret with the release because they got a big surprise on how to get a pair(most likely not). 21 Mercer today sent out a question and 1st 25 people to get it right can buy the LeBron SB this Saturday. They asked what sneakers was LeBron wearing when he won his 1st all star MVP. I am just hoping for RSVP and a lot of security how ever goes to buy them, like I said before people were about to riot for KD Aunt Pearls at NTNY(which is around 59th St, across from the LV store, you would think its safer there...lol)! What would happen for Yeezy's, I am sure it would be a lot worse. I just hope who every gets them, gets home safe and gets to rock them and not have to watch their back the whole time(gonna happen anyway)

So in essence with this release the stores (i.e. the sellers) are technically becoming the resellers, smh. For 1500 there is NO resell value so technically no resellers will cop & most people who were gonna buy either don't have that kind of cash to blow or wont blow it on sneakers. These will all be bought up by rich kids & the celebs would didn't get their pairs early, lol. Is this what it's come too??

the hype made me not want the shoe one bit.

im just gonna sit back and watch this thread.

i cant believe nike turned in to a company like this.

Originally Posted by jordan23dotcom

You guys stone face but if you were in their shoes you'd do the same thing. Teenagers throwing money at you and you wouldn't take it? Cmon man

We won't even be talking about this if they dropped more pairs.

DJ Proto J wrote:

i was like "so you're just gonna have kids lined up outside with thousands of dollars of cash on them? you know you're asking for them to get robbed right?"

he said: "we're not responsible for anything that happens outside of our doors"...

he must have hit you with the
KanyeShrug1.jpg

this release is getting crazier by the day

Not necessarily, I would of course have a profit margin but not overkilling people. Honestly 1000 ain't bad, 4500 is insane. I'm not shaming the seller more so the people paying that price. You know what all you can do with 4500.  Resellers sell at that price cause know people will pay at that price but if that changed then resellers would lower their prices or quit if it wasn't enough profit.

Originally Posted by CowColor

We won't even be talking about this if they dropped more pairs.
That would be a nice surprise!
nerd.gif

to top it off this same boutique said "we're just telling people $1,500, but we don't know for sure, but it won't be any more than that"...

right?

so i just called back to ask a few more questions and now they're saying "that's starting, could be more than that"...

and get this:

THEY AREN'T ACCEPTING CREDIT CARD!!! NO CARDS OF ANY KIND! CASH ONLY!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i was like "so you're just gonna have kids lined up outside with thousands of dollars of cash on them? you know you're asking for them to get robbed right?"

he said: "we're not responsible for anything that happens outside of our doors"...

yo, real talk, cats are just being reckless with it now... asking for trouble... money and greed over EVERYTHING!!!
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
The ruthlessness over these Yeezy's is INSANE. My only hope was to cop for no more than $500, that's deaded now smh
tired.gif

How is 1,000 not bad? maybe I'm growing up but, these are just sneaker.... I mean they won't get me no yambs make me smarter get me a promotion at work, they are just kicks 1,000 could be used for a lot more things other than these mediocre kicks.... Maybe I'm just not about that sneaker lifestyle anymore....

Please stop w/ the, "hope you don't have to walk around watching your back w/ these on" talk.

I have the blk/pnk Y1 & when I wear them, NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE!

Some ppl even find them UGLY.

Only dirt that will be done (if any) is on release day cause ppl know you got $$$ on you. Once home, you're good!

I wonder how ____ Gallery is going to sell their joints. I doubt they tax too much, seeing as though they're pretty much the CREATORS of the shoe & already have em (the owners at least).

Originally Posted by thisizdray

How is 1,000 not bad? maybe I'm growing up but, these are just sneaker.... I mean they won't get me no yambs make me smarter get me a promotion at work, they are just kicks 1,000 could be used for a lot more things other than these mediocre kicks.... Maybe I'm just not about that sneaker lifestyle anymore....
I feel you. Everyone has their own situation. With my situation, I can not pay that much unless I want to live on the streets. Full time college student, 2 jobs, and I rent a room and pay all my own bills. No way I can camp or pay resell prices. I either get retail or bust.

Originally Posted by thisizdray

Trust, 1000 isn't good but it ain't bad in comparison to this other %%+. I don't miss the sneaker game one bit so I'm out again after this release.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Please stop w/ the, "hope you don't have to walk around watching your back w/ these on" talk.

Only dirt that will be done (if any) is on release day cause ppl know you got $$$ on you. Once home, you're good!\
Idk where you live but I live in the Bronx and two weeks ago someone got slashed in the face for Beats headphones while they were both at the train station(Burnside) and someone got stabbed on the Fordham train station in the Bronx for trying to get their phone back from someone who stole it. Google those stories, if you want I'll post a link.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Only dirt that will be done (if any) is on release day cause ppl know you got $$$ on you. Once home, you're good!

I wonder how ____ Gallery is going to sell their joints. I doubt they tax too much, seeing as though they're pretty much the CREATORS of the shoe & already have em (the owners at least).
Thats what im wondering now too bro.  I know a girl that works there now imma try and see what i can find out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom