Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to get off task but Who thinks the Good Music album will drop on April 6 which is Good Friday? It Would have beeen great if the Yeezys dropped on that date as well.

Originally Posted by ericjunior

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Expect info to leak either Monday or Tuesday after rep meetings...

There is ALOT of high level talk going on about these....the main issue again is Nike can't control inventory once it's shipped to customers...to dudes point earlier it's impossible to have a release that no one knows about because how many shop owners...store employees...high level Nike employees LIVE on NT???? Dudes that are thirsty for e-props wont be able to keep there mouths shut...

There are talks about treating the release in the same fashion as the Mags (which came outta no where) the problem is Nike can't do this without pissing off Footlocker Corp as well as 100's of smaller independents....now when I say the same as the Mags I don't mean eBay auction I mean have Nike control the initial drop..that way they can CONTROL how the release is handled...

Again...the problem is not NIKE it's actually Footlocker...(which is Nikes BIGGEST customer) they just don't seem to be able to get there act together when it comes to these things...and that is mostly because DM's handle there regions different...region by region...with everything from what times stores open..to stock amount..to how many are available to employees...there is little to know consistency across Footlocker lines...with the exception of HoH...which generally Is WHY ALOT of product Nike tries to enforce limitation of HoH only (but even that isnt working)

As big as footlocker is, you'd think they'd have things more figured out. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this whole thing is going to play out. I wonder why Nike doesn't do NIKETOWN exclusives, instead of HOH exclusives? As I stated earlier, NikeTown seems to have it figured out when it comes to handling releases.

Just like I said before, Nike CANT do something like this without completely pissing off there customers.....Basically if your an independent, Mom and Pop, whatevers....you have to take a certain amount of product from Nike to insure that when QS DO drop....you are one of the spots that gets them....So your taking as many JR Max's and Nike Santa Cruz's...and all this garbage.... selling them on straigth discount to move them.....just so when the Red Foams drop....or the Yeezy 2's....or the ASG Pack....you get a good size run....Now you want to tell me that when the fresh pack comes your gonna keep them for yourself?????!??!?!!??!?!?!?!? THATS CRAZY....then as an independent it makes non sense to pick up this other non sense if Nike is going to handle releases this way.....

In regards to Footlocker...please....you know how much nonsense they pickup from Nike that COMPLETELY BRICKS OUT....But....they have HoH...which basically insures they get EVERY release Nike puts out...So its a give an take....

Although I completely agree that Nike does releases better then any one (always go with the SWOOSH)....They cant cut out there customers....the margins on these kinds of drops pale in comparsion to the business that Nike does with its core customers...it would be stupid to risk that so that some damn kids dont have to camp out....

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

yeah, the first yeezys were the first shoe i'd ever seen stores charging 2 and 3 times retail like that...

pretty wack imo...

but nike won't do anything about it, cuz it's a "suggested" retail price...

to this day i'm sure i'm not ty's fav person cuz i told him i thought it was wack that leaders was charging $500+...

I agree 100%...selling that much over retail just feels like straight up rape....I mean come on son....your paying $60 to $70....retail is $250....which is almost a $200 mark up...and you still want to charge $500?!?!?!??! Thats CRAZY...

But...

At the same time..my dude who has a spot put it in a different propspect.....If any of you dudes was around during the height of SB...it was much the same way...$90 dunks selling for $200 to $300....which the store was picking up for $30 to $40.....BUT...it was nessacary because those SB QS really kept the lights on in alot of the stores...They looked forward to those drops and the revenue they created to make expenses and keep the lights on...who are we to say any different....

My dudes shop SHOULD be getting the Yeezys and he already has plans to sell them for regulars at $350....$400 to non regulars and possiblly $500 on sizes 9.5 to 11 (staight hustlin dudes)....We had a whole conversation and Im like yo I think thats crazy...and he was like listen...with all the BS non sense my rep makes me pickup...Im a small business...this is not about love of sneakers..this is business...I have an opportunity to sell and make a cushion for the business for a couple months...why not?????

So to the TY's of the world...Im not mad....(actually Im still a little mad at you trying to hype those Flamingos last year you bastard)....Do you....and Pronto as the consumer you can easily just keep it moving and try your luck elsewhere....Hey if there overpriced the market will tell them and they will come down in price...Simply as that....Galaxy Foams are under $1000...give it another month they will be down to $500 to $600....

Originally Posted by UnchartedDrake

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by Mazz305

So the Yeezys are definitely coming out in a couple months then huh??

indifferent.gif

Those bums won't make it out the east. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You CRAZY!and who do you think will stop them? The Bulls? oh wait maybe your one of those new Knick fans right! HAHAHAHA Yea The heat wont make it out of the east...I want what your smoking because it seems to be working very well!

Anyways on the Yeezys looks like this is going to be crazy release. Looks like i wont be getting them either because I refuse to stand in line

I'll take my hometown Pacers. 

Originally Posted by indianabound

Let's all hope the delay was because more pairs are being made. Highly unlikely but hey I wouldn't mind the wait if in the end these were a little bit easier to get.

I don't care if everyone has them I just want a pair myself.

Who care for exclusivity.

laugh.gif
Truth. I hope something like this happens. I don't care if everyone and their mom's got it, I've fallen for the hype and want a pair too.

So the Yeezys are definitely coming out in a couple months then huh??

indifferent.gif

You will eat those words guaranteed, lol.
I can't wait till Deng and Rose make Lebron cry again. His tears are one of the few things that make me crack a huge smile

Nike is going to be forced to make this a HS release with lil more than QS quantities at this point (at the very least)

Originally Posted by teamfreshh

Not to get off task but Who thinks the Good Music album will drop on April 6 which is Good Friday? It Would have beeen great if the Yeezys dropped on that date as well.

No single
No video

No promotion

No chance

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

indifferent.gif

You will eat those words guaranteed, lol.
I can't wait till Deng and Rose make Lebron cry again. His tears are one of the few things that make me crack a huge smile

Just like last year's ECF... Oh wait....

From Modern Notoriety 

[h6]"Way more pairs of the Yeezy 2 are being produced. Way more numbers than the first one. "
[/h6]

From Modern Notoriety 

[h6]"Way more pairs of the Yeezy 2 are being produced. Way more numbers than the first one. "
[/h6]
Resellers are gonna be like
7_443104.jpg

Nike knows they can't afford more bad press like the Galaxy Foam releases. They have to release more of these or the people getting shot/stabbed/beaten, etc. for the limited pairs that were to be originally released would have cause complete chaos for them. I don't care if people say bad press is better than no press at all, Nike doesn't want that on their hands. I think they are taking this time to put more shoes into production. Just my 2 cents.

From Modern Notoriety 

[/h6]
Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom