Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
y'all trippin'... if you don't like what you're seeing in here then just keep it moving on to the next... who cares... ain't gonna be nothing but a bunch of rumors in this thread for awhile i'm afraid...

a couple of the photochops are kinda cool. that fire red GITD tour pair needs silver lace tips tho, not gold.

and that first black cement 3 one with the blue GITD sole looks good.

a blue GITD sole wouldn't be a bad look i don't think... i wonder if they can do it instead of green...

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

y'all trippin'... if you don't like what you're seeing in here then just keep it moving on to the next... who cares... ain't gonna be nothing but a bunch of rumors in this thread for awhile i'm afraid...

a couple of the photochops are kinda cool. that fire red GITD tour pair needs silver lace tips tho, not gold.

and that first black cement 3 one with the blue GITD sole looks good.

a blue GITD sole wouldn't be a bad look i don't think... i wonder if they can do it instead of green...
they can. they just do it green because its the cheapest to produce.

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

sthebest wrote:
not bad

I'm sorry, what????? Need I say it??
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Cool, then what are we discussing?
Nothing, clearly. You responded to my post, expect me to dish it right back at you.

Dish what back at me? Your lack of business sense for actually thinking they would continue to make money in the long run for mass producing a product everyone would get tired of at that quantity?
Second it's not just you. I hear this all over NT and all over this thread

But if you guys all think you know more than Nike's sales department, who are beyond experts in their field. By all means, run your own multibillion dollar fortune 500 company.
laugh.gif

IDC if you refuse to look at it from a different aspect, its a fact
I thought we just established that our conversation was mute. We're discussing different points now have been during the last couple exchanges. I'm not and have yet to speak money or business ethics in a single one of my posts. Yet you continue to bring it up as if it were the basis of my argument. You've really sunken beneath contempt.
And for the record, the only fact in your statement is that nike is a fortune 500 company. All that other garbage you just spewed is based on your bias and subjective opinion. Therefore, i can choose to refuse it as much as i'de like
laugh.gif

I have a theory. By releasing these in mass quantities you will not only increase sales, you'd expand your client base. You'd be catering not only to the sneaker heads but to the Kanye heads, hih hop heads, and the skater crews. If these were made in children sizes, the glow in the dark sole alone would be enough to have every kid wanting a pair for years! How would this hurt nike again?
pimp.gif

sunshineblotters, that's exactly what I have been saying across blogs. But I guess people feel that they no more than the average Nike marketing rep.

People love exclusivity because it gives them a sense of owning something special. Nothing different than people going out looking for that unique sports car or that super rare coin.

People on this board and many other shoe forums in general, love their shoes and either collect them to wear or stock them in their closet... that's part of the game. But one thing is for sure among real strong shoe collectors. Most collectors are hard core fashionistas who are always looking for that insane exclusive shoe that most people can't get their hands on,.... that's one of the biggest elements in the shoe world and fashion, like or not. Ask any girl who collects
Christian Louboutin or a man who collects Prada. Exclusivity is Important.

Also exclusivity is what made Nike go way over the top and steps ahead in the sneaker game. Gucci, Balenciaga, Prada, MQueen, Salvatore, etc.. are all unique and offer ridiculously exclusive merchandise with spectacular leathers and creativity. That's why they are held very high. Nike so far is the leader in that in regards to sneakers. If they would have made 15,000 BIN's or DB's, it would have taken out it's credibility and desire.... Beautiful+Exclusivity= A very happy consumer. 

Also, we are all here on this forum because we share the same passion,.... why are we always dogging each other?? We either agree or not,.. but enough of the Hypebeast word being thrown at random people already, mi gente! If that's the case, then we ARE ALL HYPEBEASTS for liking any goods. Which by the way, it just doesn't make any sense. We collect or collect to wear shoes, because we love it. Plain and simple.

Nothing, clearly. You responded to my post, expect me to dish it right back at you.

Dish what back at me? Your lack of business sense for actually thinking they would continue to make money in the long run for mass producing a product everyone would get tired of at that quantity?

But if you guys all think you know more than Nike's sales department, who are beyond experts in their field. By all means, run your own multibillion dollar fortune 500 company.
laugh.gif

I thought we just established that our conversation was mute. We're discussing different points now have been during the last couple exchanges. I'm not and have yet to speak money or business ethics in a single one of my posts. Yet you continue to bring it up as if it were the basis of my argument. You've really sunken beneath contempt.
And for the record, the only fact in your statement is that nike is a fortune 500 company. All that other garbage you just spewed is based on your bias and subjective opinion. Therefore, i can choose to refuse it as much as i'de like
laugh.gif

I have a theory. By releasing these in mass quantities you will not only increase sales, you'd expand your client base. You'd be catering not only to the sneaker heads but to the Kanye heads, hih hop heads, and the skater crews. If these were made in children sizes, the glow in the dark sole alone would be enough to have every kid wanting a pair for years! How would this hurt nike again?
pimp.gif

I've already explained how your lil theory won't work and how the marketing & sales department of Nike already knows this. Its actually all over all the posts you quoted from me. But go ahead, pitch your theory against PROVEN marketing schemes. I'm sure they'd love to listen, and haven't studied this phenomena, as well as quickstrike marketing before.
But I'm done with this conversation. I aint arguing business with people who have absolutely no business sense.

Originally Posted by g2000

sunshineblotters, that's exactly what I have been saying across blogs. But I guess people feel that they no more than the average Nike marketing rep.

People love exclusivity because it gives them a sense of owning something special. Nothing different than people going out looking for that unique sports car or that super rare coin.

People on this board and many other shoe forums in general, love their shoes and either collect them to wear or stock them in their closet... that's part of the game. But one thing is for sure among real strong shoe collectors. Most collectors are hard core fashionistas who are always looking for that insane exclusive shoe that most people can't get their hands on,.... that's one of the biggest elements in the shoe world and fashion, like or not. Ask any girl who collects

Also exclusivity is what made Nike go way over the top and steps ahead in the sneaker game. Gucci, Balenciaga, Prada, MQueen, Salvatore, etc.. are all unique and offer ridiculously exclusive merchandise with spectacular leathers and creativity. That's why they are held very high. Nike so far is the leader in that in regards to sneakers. If they would have made 15,000 BIN's or DB's, it would have taken out it's credibility and desire.... Beautiful+Exclusivity= A very happy consumer. 

Also, we are all here on this forum because we share the same passion,.... why are we always dogging each other?? We either agree or not,.. but enough of the Hypebeast word being thrown at random people already, mi gente! If that's the case, then we ARE ALL HYPEBEASTS for liking any goods. Which by the way, it just doesn't make any sense. We collect or collect to wear shoes, because we love it. Plain and simple.
You don't have to explain it to me. I already understand. As I am a fashion head. You will never see me shopping at Wal-Mart no matter how cool the items are.
But it's not just me. Ask the Don Ed Hardy what happened to his brand when he "made enough for everyone" and sold his items through all chains including Wal-Mart. I'm sure you've all seen how popular Ed Hardy has become.
laugh.gif

But whatever, everyone can go ahead and keep thinking that making millions of shoes will give them lasting appeal forever. Just like crocs and uggs.

You don't have to explain it to me. I already understand. As I am a fashion head. You will never see me shopping at Wal-Mart no matter how cool the items are.
But it's not just me. Ask the Don Ed Hardy what happened to his brand when he "made enough for everyone" and sold his items through all chains including Wal-Mart. I'm sure you've all seen how popular Ed Hardy has become.
laugh.gif

But whatever, everyone can go ahead and keep thinking that making millions of shoes will give them lasting appeal forever. Just like crocs and uggs.

being fashionable is not only about how exclusive what you got on is or how expensive, i know alot of fashionable people who shop at TJ-Maxx and Marshall's, thriftshops and such....hell ive seen dudes in the high end designer brands threads posting fits in ToJs, Lanvin, LV, Prada, Louboutin, etc and look far from being fashionable, they actually look quite foolish.....so please get off the high horse about being a "fashion head" just because you are into exclusive items or luxury brands.
alien.gif

A lot of good points here. And a lot of what you've posted i agree with. I'm from an older generation of sneakerheads, where exclusive meant owning a pair of og's or a pair of retro's that had been released some time ago. By the time sb's became popular and the altitude xiii's were released i was already in the process of "retiring" from the shoe game. Before that anything that released was anything but exclusive. Which is why i think im so passive when it comes to shoes being released in mass quantities. I'm from a generation of sneakerheads where everything was produced in mass quantities and still everything sold out.

Where this ties to the yeezy 2's: I've been in the shoe game long enough to tell you that the yeezy's could be made in mass quantities, and they'de still sell out. They'd still have that exclusive factor to them, only difference is instead 1 out of every 1000 people owning a pair, you'll have 1 of every 200 people owning  pair.

If godforbid these were ever to be a gr shoe, and you based your buying decision quantity produced, than maybe you were never a real sneakerhead. I guess doing so would differentiate the beasts from the true sneakerheads. Btw, when i say you, i'm not actually referring to you, just in general. 

Nike doesnt need to make the Yeezys a limited release for them to make their numbers, the only reason they make them limited is because of the hype it creates and it keeps the new generation of customers hooked....if they were GR's they will not lose crap, you really acting as if Nike is depending on Yeezy sales
laugh.gif
Son this company has been running probably longer than youve been alive, has an incredibly spread out audience, the Yeezys is a tiny, insignificant part of the equation to them, while its a matter of life or death to some of its customers.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I've already explained how your lil theory won't work and how the marketing & sales department of Nike already knows this. Its actually all over all the posts you quoted from me. But go ahead, pitch your theory against PROVEN marketing schemes. I'm sure they'd love to listen, and haven't studied this phenomena, as well as quickstrike marketing before.
But I'm done with this conversation. I aint arguing business with people who have absolutely no business sense.
What scheme? Whats proven? The only scheme i see is nike testing out the water for perhaps a larger release. It's common Marketing and sales. You release a product in small and "exclusive" quantities to see how the public would react to it. Especially a shoe like the yeezy's. With all those bells and whistles, it's unpredictable how the public would react to it. The shoes have proven to be a success, so godforbid nike actually turn the shoe into a much profitable item attracting sneakerheads, hip hop heads, children, and skaters. You went to what school again?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

laugh.gif

being fashionable is not only about how exclusive what you got on is or how expensive, i know alot of fashionable people who shop at TJ-Maxx and Marshall's, thriftshops and such....hell ive seen dudes in the high end designer brands threads posting fits in ToJs, Lanvin, LV, Prada, Louboutin, etc and look far from being fashionable, they actually look quite foolish.....so please get off the high horse about being a "fashion head" just because you are into exclusive items or luxury brands.
alien.gif
Being "fashionable" is a cliche'. It's a trend. I wear what i like regardless of what the 'in" style or brand is.

Son is talking out of his #%%
roll.gif
Nike will come crashing down shall they make these available, nowadays hyped GR's are being camped out for, is a sneaker man, not a damn Ferrari, I wouldn't mind seeing more people walking around with these on, since the release of the Y1's I've seen about 5 people on the streets wth them

laugh.gif

alien.gif
Being "fashionable" is a cliche'. It's a trend. I wear what i like regardless of what the 'in" style or brand is.

Thats more of a part of it than actually having on exclusive attire or luxury brands from head to toe.

roll.gif
Nike will come crashing down shall they make these available, nowadays hyped GR's are being camped out for, is a sneaker man, not a damn Ferrari, I wouldn't mind seeing more people walking around with these on, since the release of the Y1's I've seen about 5 people on the streets wth them

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sorry if it seems like if im on a rant. I'm pulling an all nighter at school and this thread is what is keeping me up.

laugh.gif

alien.gif

Where did I say anything about expense? And TJ Max has a lot of stuff you don't see on everybody, thus the exclusivity is still there. If they make 10,000 items but sell em for one dollar its still exclusive to 10,000 people
I didnt mention a single luxury brand either.

If you guys really wanna come at me, do so. Just do it with valid logic and reasoning

Also I don't pay attention to brands beyond knowing what type of brands they are, and what I own. Fashion heads dont care for that $+$!, we just care that we don't look like everyone else. If i see it and I like it, I get it

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

What scheme? Whats proven? The only scheme i see is nike testing out the water for perhaps a larger release. It's common Marketing and sales. You release a product in small and "exclusive" quantities to see how the public would react to it. Especially a shoe like the yeezy's. With all those bells and whistles, it's unpredictable how the public would react to it. The shoes have proven to be a success, so godforbid nike actually turn the shoe into a much profitable item attracting sneakerheads, hip hop heads, children, and skaters. You went to what school again?
indifferent.gif

Like I said i'm done with this conversation. Open up a damn advance marketing book, they have this down to a science. They know the entire psychology of marketing
I will believe them way before I believe your baseless logic

And that wasn't even my major

roll.gif

Yup thats exactly what I said
30t6p3b.gif

I see reading comprehension isn't NT's strong points

Sheesh I already acknowledged that they didnt go under from the Jordan 1 losing almost all appeal to non Nikeheads. What makes you guys think I would think or say Nike would go down from the Yeezys. Just the Yeezy line would go down, just like the Jordan 1s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom