Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by RetroSneaks26

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

i got my sj x1 and concords x2 and iv cements x2

::shrugs:: ooookay, good for you.

cements 4 harder to buy > concords hard to buy

this release was probably the most extreme example to date. why would you try to compare those who couldnt cop a gr sneaker to one that was probably a tier 0/hyper hyper strike that was released online?
Who's comparing the actual shoe? I'm referring to peoples reactions because they could not get a lousy shoe. 

the reactions are not exactly comparable. the hype was in the multi millions for this compared to the hype for the grs which was probably in the half million. We are talking about a potential sneaker people knew way in advance and a shoe that had no intention of releasing online AT ALL, only until when nikestore twitter tweeted that it would be sold online in like only 1 week before they officially dropped online. there is no comparison whatsoever. People were on edge for this because they had to sit at a goddamn pc for almost 16 hrs? how do you compare that to the online midnight release where everyone knew the grs would drop at 12 am est?

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

so what is the deal with this new scam of selling a "photo" of the shoe on feebay?

how does that work? anyone who falls for it is gonna either not pay, or file a claim...

is it that because they clearly state it's a photo they think ebay will side with them?

Yeah. As long as you clearly state what the item is, even if the pic isn't clear, it's their fault. It's like how people were selling iPhone 4 boxes for 300+.

I guess my biggest mistake was not being signed into my Nike account prior to the whole ordeal.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by Zach13g

so from I can tell...

If you were signed in added to cart and got to the checkout page and then did nothing after this step pairs were held in cart.

If you were signed in added to cart got to checkout page but then you tried to complete order your session timed out and shoes were removed from cart.

so the key is not to get timed out, if your session times out you lose items in your cart, so in the future add to cart get to checkout and leave it alone for a few hours and you should be good to checkout later.

And that's what happened to me, also I wasn't signed in. I thought I was fast enough that I'd avoid the crash.
laugh.gif

Memphis - Yours is still sitting?
eek.gif
...hope that goes through.

I wasn't signed in...Made it to the payment page, put all my CC info in...and then timed out. Went back today (left comp on all night) and the shoes are gone.

Disappointing but nothing I can do smh.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by Zach13g

so from I can tell...

If you were signed in added to cart and got to the checkout page and then did nothing after this step pairs were held in cart.

If you were signed in added to cart got to checkout page but then you tried to complete order your session timed out and shoes were removed from cart.

so the key is not to get timed out, if your session times out you lose items in your cart, so in the future add to cart get to checkout and leave it alone for a few hours and you should be good to checkout later.
You have to add in cart, get to the checkout page, and then get to the payment info section by clicking "Next Step". If you didn't get to that second section where you're being asked your credit card info, that doesn't count for their hold policy.
What if you tried to pay with Paypal?

The Cement 4s were hard to cop but these were hands down the most difficult. With the Cement 4s everyone knew the date and time of release.

Originally Posted by jst628

Originally Posted by 18th letter

They piss me off, how kanyes road manager & creative director are the owners of RSVP Gallery yet they allowed such shadiness when it came to this release.

what the #%%+ do you need all the extra money for? your life is made
30t6p3b.gif

selling raffle tickets in exchange for 200$ worth of merch and AUCTIONING 4 pairs in store
indifferent.gif
Isn't that like telling people like Bill Gates, Jordan, Apple, etc...to start selling their merchandise for dirt cheap because their life is set? It's business.
so you're saying suggested retail, at $245, is dirt cheap? 
I was referring to his comment about "needing all the extra money" 

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by howyouwhat

Originally Posted by rowdyonez

how far u getting? screenshot?

Memphis is notorious for lying on this site, wouldn't surprise me if he was lying about this.
WHO  ARE YOU?
howyouwhat.
And please don't think I'm some newb either. I remember when you got ran out of General by a couple female posters that called you ugly.

ok... someone is on my local craigslist trying to trade 2 pairs of yeezy 2's for a car or motorcycle...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

they live right down the street from me...

i want to set up a deal with them and make them drive like an hour away to meet me and then just not show up...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BigRockford

This thread has been feeding the hype train since it started. Threads should be locked a week before a RD. Resellers check places like this before they invest thousands into sneakers. Then kids who don't actually work for their money pay out the nose to get a pair that they hyped up. Y1 went for like $700 after they first dropped and that was only 2 years ago. Im not going to stop buying shoes but the kids are making it hard for real @#$%&*. Come in the thread and say "I like these".. Comments like "Im willing to drop $1000 on these!" is unacceptable..

You really think the majority of these dudes reselling have some sort of investment plan???...all they know is that a hyped shoe is coming out and they somehow think the hassle of getting before those who actually want it and camping xxxxx amount of days is some what profitable....which in most cases, HELL NO IS NOT...unless you have a connect and get shoes with no hassle, both resellers/buyers come out losing in the end.

What percentage of the people complaining to nikestore on twitter about the on-line release will be right back IF more pairs release tomorrow night... 100% ? 

There's just no way all of the people making such a fuss on twitter about these wanted them to wear.  If these weren't re-selling in the range of $1K to $2K people wouldn't be making such a fuss about not being able to obtain the shoe for $245. 

I find some of the comments being sent to nikestore on twitter are showing the worst in people.  Some people are saying they are going to file legal action, for what ? Nike didn't force you to sit in front of your computer all day on Saturday.  You really think a news organization is going to run a story about you not getting a pair of sneakers on-line because of an IT issue, not going to happen.

This same debacle is going to happen again tomorrow night at 11:30 IF more pairs release that weren't purchased from their "hold" status.  You think Nike is going to reconcile the IP addresses of customers that had them in their cart, let's be serious.

I still think Foot Locker is one of the few that actually handled this release properly by using the release format that they did.  I'm sure the people that were camping outside of House of Hoop's wouldn't agree.  Why couldn't have nikestore have done the same or had a similar process that Foot Locker implemented ?

Come the next limited release / tomorrow night the E-X-A-C-T same individuals will be back for more.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

I guess my biggest mistake was not being signed into my Nike account prior to the whole ordeal.

Same here. Next time I'm gonna pre-add some socks or something because I was originally logged in, but got kicked off after clicking the twitter link.

this release was probably the most extreme example to date. why would you try to compare those who couldnt cop a gr sneaker to one that was probably a tier 0/hyper hyper strike that was released online?
Who's comparing the actual shoe? I'm referring to peoples reactions because they could not get a lousy shoe. 

the reactions are not exactly comparable. the hype was in the multi millions for this compared to the hype for the grs which was probably in the half million. We are talking about a potential sneaker people knew way in advance and a shoe that had no intention of releasing online AT ALL, only until when nikestore twitter tweeted that it would be sold online in like only 1 week before they officially dropped online. there is no comparison whatsoever. People were on edge for this because they had to sit at a goddamn pc for almost 16 hrs? how do you compare that to the online midnight release where everyone knew the grs would drop at 12 am est?
Regardless of the drop time or hype, the outcome is exactly the same. The comments are the same, the end results are the same. People are left feeling like they got screwed. I don't think I need to tell you to look back at the official threads for other sought out releases. You'll read the exact same thing: "I'm done with the game, I quit...", etc. The only differences I see between those and the Yeezys are price and the lengths people went through to obtain this shoe. In the end, emotions were the same as before. 

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

ok... someone is on my local craigslist trying to trade 2 pairs of yeezy 2's for a car or motorcycle...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

they live right down the street from me...

i want to set up a deal with them and make them drive like an hour away to meet me and then just not show up...
laugh.gif

You find the most rachet and crazy listings ever on Craigslist
roll.gif
But if anyone is to find a steal, guaranteed that's the place it'll be....just be careful...I was worried yesterday when I met dude for mines, I met him in east New York...in the middle of the night, alone...but everything turned out ok...

Originally Posted by tatmantall

Originally Posted by howyouwhat

Originally Posted by blumpk1n

for those who got their money back from nikevandal did you go through paypal or the bank?

Neither, he's sending me a money order in the mail. Dude is legit! 
pimp.gif

I really hope he does.... But seeing is believing.... Right now why would you believe that??? And then he can claim it got lost in the mail???? C'mon man......
I got an email from him stated to get the refund by calling your bank or CC and tell them the charge was unauthorized. Making some excuse that his accounts are frozen Boh and he cant do anything.

Regardless of the drop time or hype, the outcome is exactly the same. The comments are the same, the end results are the same. People are left feeling like they got screwed. I don't think I need to tell you to look back at the official threads for other sought out releases. You'll read the exact same thing: "I'm done with the game, I quit...", etc. The only differences I see between those and the Yeezys are price and the lengths people went through to obtain this shoe. In the end, emotions were the same as before. 

that i agree. this was the nail in the coffin because some of us are just not getting younger. thats why. time is money like they say

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Well if you were planning to pay with Paypal (which is what I was doing) I don't even think that mattered. When I did a test run I signed in and as I clicked "continue with paypal" instead of "checkout" to save time it gave me three options: sign in to my acc, guest checkout, or checkout with Paypal. So pretty much I'd have to sign in again (makes no sense), or continue with paypal as a guest when I was signed into my account already.

308fv6g.png

laugh.gif
howyouwhat wrote:

WHO  ARE YOU?
howyouwhat.
And please don't think I'm some newb either. I remember when you got ran out of General by a couple female posters that called you ugly.
laugh.gif

FALSE. I CALLED THE FEMALES IN GENERAL UGLY IN THE POST YOUR GIRLFRIEND THREAD.

And females NTers noticed your pic and called you ugly. Then you made some rant and stated that you would no longer go into General.

For at least a year after that your were ghost and just stayed in forum 8. Thus, you were ran out by females posters that called you ugly.

What's up with that screen shot tho bro?

i got my sj x1 and concords x2 and iv cements x2

::shrugs:: ooookay, good for you.

That was not the case for me.  The concords were WAY harder to obtain than the WC IVs.  In fact, I would probably put the first altitude release ahead of the WC IV.  I guess it depends on where you live.  This release is of course the worse.  What makes this one bad is that it is artificial.  At lease the concord and the WC 4 had a nice shoe as the basis for the hype.  This hype is based on available quantity................ and Kanye
roll.gif

your complaining about 50 bucks but if i charged $20 bucks with 100 people the odds are slim to none...$50 with 45 people everyone basically has a chance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom