Official Nike Air Yeezy 2 thread vol. 2 - 6/9/12 Global Release Date: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Nike just eliminated all of the wannabee resellers with this move.

Most sought after Elite release one week, 2 colorways of the Yeezys the following week.

Only resellers will be crying about this one.
Nike should require all stores carrying these to do a raffle, that way EVERYONE has a fair shot.

If I was a store owner, I would, because we have seen what these kids do when they don't get a particular pair they want. 
30t6p3b.gif
This. A raffle will be my only shot. Hoping there will be a few down here in Atlanta.

All I know is that L.A. is going to blow up with this release. I hope the raffle or twitter RSVP process is in place

Damn these sound freakin scarce already ! Thought Nike and Ye were planning on producing more pairs this time around . And to think there were rumors of these being a GR
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by g2000

Ok,... so here is what I know. A friend of my friend, and cousin of this friend, and a b-law of this friend, which happens to have a uncle who works for the Nike maintenance staff, said that the U.S will only get 666 pairs total. He said there will be dropping from the sky in selected cities. Sort of like the way they use to drop gifts to the Pharaohs. He said they will have special chips inside the assault sole, so they know exactly who got a pair. The bill of course will be sent to the address where the chip identifies. I'm camping outside I35N on the 8th!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that would be pretty fun to watch in hawaii actually. see everyone asking, taking trades? hahahaha

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

relax guys there will be plenty to go around

THIS!
I SO DON'T buy the whole super limited release for the US crap. I do think they'll be limited, but I think it'll be around the 1st Yeezy numbers if not more.

Originally Posted by mfghilario

Good info. I wonder what the guys who argued these would be more available are thinking now 
eyes.gif

Trust..these will be more widely available...don't let some sneaker store in Aussie suck you into the Matrix....

1st ask your self..how is it possible that one store knows another stores stock allotment?? Nike reps generally don't give out that info...

2nd the store is doing a "purchase" raffle meaning you have to purchase an item to "qualify" for a ticket...it's not like ALL who show up get a ticket..The point is there is incentive to drive people into the store to be one of 60 or 30 or whatever they said was the allotment..

3rd Boutiques are DYING for this release...it's money time...there is always gonna be hype that comes from Boutiques...Again they gotta keep the lights on ALL year not just when hot shoes release...dudes don't but *$+% all year round...but let a Yeezy or Galaxy drop and they are in the spot everyday trying to make friends....Talking about hook me up...or yo can you hold a pair...*$%!$ please..where were you when we could give them Nike Air Jr's AWAY...When JB was shoving Fusions down our throat..or Nike Sportswear was forcing us to carry 15 different colors of Dunks that they just released two years ago and then did some wack *$+% like send them to there factory stores for $29.99 just to really cut our throats...want a pair..buy a $100 dollar raffle and if you win you can buy a pair for $400....

4th Nike is not going to allow the madness that happened with the AllStars happen again...from ANY STOCKISTA...not even FTL Corp gets a pass this time...

Just be patient until US release info drops...I'm not saying this will be an automatic walk into the store at 11am and there is still a FSR available...I mean damn these kids went ham on sum wack %%+ clown colorway of Jordan 4's so they pretty much proved that they will cop ANYTHING these days to try and flip....

The only saving grace that we all have is the Lebron Elites are actually proving that $250 is a make or break price point...the Taxi are still very much sitting still in my area...at $250 and also FTL non return policy...it's not worth the risk unless you either have someone lined up for them or they are for you to rock....Yeezy's might be an exception just cause we all know resale will be high...but $250 or $315 (I can't remember what retail will be on these) just might weed out some of the people...raffles might slow down the rest...if you only let people cop there size in the raffle should make them at least obtainable....

Plus...no way in hell NIKE is only sending 60 pairs to entire continent...that would be crazy...if I had boutique and a FSR them @!#@!## would be on eBay Australia with the quickness at a price of no less then $2000 a pair...that's a quick $24g come up...how you gonna fight that???

Good luck kids...should be interesting...

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

Originally Posted by mfghilario

Good info. I wonder what the guys who argued these would be more available are thinking now 
eyes.gif

Trust..these will be more widely available...don't let some sneaker store in Aussie suck you into the Matrix....

1st ask your self..how is it possible that one store knows another stores stock allotment?? Nike reps generally don't give out that info...

2nd the store is doing a "purchase" raffle meaning you have to purchase an item to "qualify" for a ticket...it's not like ALL who show up get a ticket..The point is there is incentive to drive people into the store to be one of 60 or 30 or whatever they said was the allotment..

3rd Boutiques are DYING for this release...it's money time...there is always gonna be hype that comes from Boutiques...Again they gotta keep the lights on ALL year not just when hot shoes release...dudes don't but *$+% all year round...but let a Yeezy or Galaxy drop and they are in the spot everyday trying to make friends....Talking about hook me up...or yo can you hold a pair...*$%!$ please..where were you when we could give them Nike Air Jr's AWAY...When JB was shoving Fusions down our throat..or Nike Sportswear was forcing us to carry 15 different colors of Dunks that they just released two years ago and then did some wack *$+% like send them to there factory stores for $29.99 just to really cut our throats...want a pair..buy a $100 dollar raffle and if you win you can buy a pair for $400....

4th Nike is not going to allow the madness that happened with the AllStars happen again...from ANY STOCKISTA...not even FTL Corp gets a pass this time...

Just be patient until US release info drops...I'm not saying this will be an automatic walk into the store at 11am and there is still a FSR available...I mean damn these kids went ham on sum wack %%+ clown colorway of Jordan 4's so they pretty much proved that they will cop ANYTHING these days to try and flip....

The only saving grace that we all have is the Lebron Elites are actually proving that $250 is a make or break price point...the Taxi are still very much sitting still in my area...at $250 and also FTL non return policy...it's not worth the risk unless you either have someone lined up for them or they are for you to rock....Yeezy's might be an exception just cause we all know resale will be high...but $250 or $315 (I can't remember what retail will be on these) just might weed out some of the people...raffles might slow down the rest...if you only let people cop there size in the raffle should make them at least obtainable....

Plus...no way in hell NIKE is only sending 60 pairs to entire continent...that would be crazy...if I had boutique and a FSR them @!#@!## would be on eBay Australia with the quickness at a price of no less then $2000 a pair...that's a quick $24g come up...how you gonna fight that???

Good luck kids...should be interesting...

THIS!!! SPEAKING THE TRUTH!!!!

a181666051bb70ce71705844d66170aecd173396_r.gif

^^ It makes sense, there is no way a single store can determine production numbers of an entire continent. Well done marketing, trying to drive demand ...
If this is really Kanye x Nike's last collab, you would think that they would maximize their profits on one last model aka release more...

Maybe just wishful thinking and definitely not trying to start a debate of predicting more/less numbers than Y1, but don't believe EVERYTHING you read.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by g2000

Ok,... so here is what I know. A friend of my friend, and cousin of this friend, and a b-law of this friend, which happens to have a uncle who works for the Nike maintenance staff, said that the U.S will only get 666 pairs total. He said there will be dropping from the sky in selected cities. Sort of like the way they use to drop gifts to the Pharaohs. He said they will have special chips inside the assault sole, so they know exactly who got a pair. The bill of course will be sent to the address where the chip identifies. I'm camping outside I35N on the 8th!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Yo that dropping from the sky part had me gone... 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MuLLiNs7388

^^ It makes sense, there is no way a single store can determine production numbers of an entire continent. Well done marketing, trying to drive demand ...
If this is really Kanye x Nike's last collab, you would think that they would maximize their profits on one last model aka release more...

Maybe just wishful thinking and definitely not trying to start a debate of predicting more/less numbers than Y1, but don't believe EVERYTHING you read.
We all knew Ye's relationship with nike wasnt a good one but kanye stated some time ago that he had already started sketching the 3rd Yeezy so take it for what its worth.

*!$+ this %*#%. I don't even know how to feel about these shoes anymore.

They're amazing.. But I'm not going to these extreme lengths, changing up my everyday schedule, or paying rent for them.

Ya'll can have em' if they aren't at the least bit just as easy if not a slight bit easier to get than the first ones.

I'll go back and cop come J's I missed out on if it gets too out of hand.

I really wanted these too...
30t6p3b.gif

good info ayipapi

even if these were more available, the boutiques are gonna rape us hard for em....i'll still try and find a pair for close to retail, if not, then it's cool

Did people skip over the part in that article that says AUSTRALIA???? We still know nothing about this show, do shoe releases there happen here at the same time? There is a HUGE chance that our date is NOT June 9th. It could be, but let's not jump the gun by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom