Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. nobody ever said nike needs kanye west. but i knew that would get twisted by the peanut gallery, as usual... all that was said is, out of all the rappers, he is the most influential, and it's obvious nike markets towards hip hop culture, hence sending d-list rappers Y2's last year, as one small example. to be honest, their NSW line could use some brand yeezy direction as part of it, it would spice things up for them, add more hype to the brand, and be good for both parties... instead they are gonna let him go to their competition, and make them more money they could be making. end of the day nike is about the bottom line, they are always mentioned at the top of the stock market, and little things like using kanye west hype help that bottom line. but they def do not need him.

2. the red independence AM90 did not sit for weeks after he was seen wearing them. i watched the FSR's on sites SELL OUT immediately after pix of him wearing them surfaced. i know this cuz i was about to buy a pair and all the sudden the reds were gone. he wore the other two colors too, and they sold quick, but not as hyped, cuz the reds were louder, and he wore them the most (and likely cuz they looked a lot like the red october yeezys, which pix had already surfaced of).

3. that original midsole and silhouette of the yeezy 1 prototype was not just some heavily influenced fusion. the midsole was so much better looking than what came out, it was futuristic looking, and went with the moon boot look much better. he did take inspiration from other sneakers, but the overall look and silhouette was very original. they didn't choose his original midsole cuz they didn't wanna spend the money on creating and tooling a whole new midsole, as the costs were already expensive with the high quality leathers (some of the best leather i've ever seen nike put on any shoe), etc. so they forced him to choose an existing midsole. to quote an article about it: "Nike can’t use Jordan templates! Behold a clever solution… thanks to Yeezy himself, actually. The canny artist managed to surpass a technicality by using the tooling for the Nike Air Assault Retro, which is pretty much the same midsole as the Air Jordan III but has Nike branding on the sole."

4. the RT1 didn't have the strap, didn't have the details, didn't have quality materials, and was obvious that it was nike's cheap attempt at capitalizing off the Y1. it was a poor copy cat version and it was obvious, so cats didn't really buy into it. even if you didn't care about the materials and hype, you couldn't achieve the same look. it just didn't look the same. i saw them in stores and they were terrible all around.

5. the Y1's had a longer camp out than any shoe b4 it, even longer than the titaniums. the blinks had an 8 day camp out in several spots, the longest any shoe had ever seen at the time (and still to this day, the Y2 holds the record for longest camp out, which had people lining up 5 weeks b4 a RUMORED release date, at least attempted, until nike announced they weren't releasing on march 23rd, and later only gave a 10 day head's up, to deter camp outs that long). they may have been easily attainable to some, with a solid connect, or luck, or if you lived in a small town (like me, that's part of the reason how i got a FSR), but certainly not to all.

Last edited:
1. nobody ever said nike needs kanye west. but i knew that would get twisted by the peanut gallery, as usual... all that was said is, out of all the rappers, he is the most influential, and it's obvious nike markets towards hip hop culture, hence sending d-list rappers Y2's last year, as one small example. to be honest, their NSW line could use some brand yeezy direction as part of it, it would spice things up for them, add more hype to the brand, and be good for both parties... instead they are gonna let him go to their competition, and make them more money they could be making. end of the day nike is about the bottom line, they are always mentioned at the top of the stock market, and little things like using kanye west hype help that bottom line. but they def do not need him.

2. the red independence AM90 did not sit for weeks after he was seen wearing them. i watched the FSR's on sites SELL OUT immediately after pix of him wearing them surfaced. i know this cuz i was about to buy a pair and all the sudden the reds were gone. he wore the other two colors too, and they sold quick, but not as hyped, cuz the reds were louder, and he wore them the most (and likely cuz they looked a lot like the red october yeezys, which pix had already surfaced of).

3. that original midsole and silhouette of the yeezy 1 prototype was not just some heavily influenced fusion. the midsole was so much better looking than what came out, it was futuristic looking, and went with the moon boot look much better. he did take inspiration from other sneakers, but the overall look and silhouette was very original. they didn't choose his original midsole cuz they didn't wanna spend the money on creating and tooling a whole new midsole, as the costs were already expensive with the high quality leathers (some of the best leather i've ever seen nike put on any shoe), etc. so they forced him to choose an existing midsole. to quote an article about it: "Nike can’t use Jordan templates! Behold a clever solution… thanks to Yeezy himself, actually. The canny artist managed to surpass a technicality by using the tooling for the Nike Air Assault Retro, which is pretty much the same midsole as the Air Jordan III but has Nike branding on the sole."

4. the RT1 didn't have the strap, didn't have the details, didn't have quality materials, and was obvious that it was nike's cheap attempt at capitalizing off the Y1. it was a poor copy cat version and it was obvious, so cats didn't really buy into it. even if you didn't care about the materials and hype, you couldn't achieve the same look. it just didn't look the same. i saw them in stores and they were terrible all around.

5. the Y1's had a longer camp out than any shoe b4 it, even longer than the titaniums. the blinks had an 8 day camp out in several spots, the longest any shoe had ever seen at the time (and the only shoe to trump it since was the Y2, which had over a month camp out, at least attempted, until nike announced they weren't releasing on march 23rd, and later only gave a 10 day head's up, to deter camp outs that long). they may have been easily attainable to some, with a solid connect, or luck, or if you lived in a small town (like me, that's part of the reason how i got a FSR), but certainly not to all.

How many reps yall think sami gonna get on these pics
roll.gif

He about to break NT

the Y1's were also the first shoe i saw where actual stores were trying to charge $500 - $800 to get them out of their store... i had never seen a actual retail store tax a sneaker like that b4 the Y1... even leaders in chicago was charging $500 for zens, and more later for the other colors.

until then, most stores charged the MSRP on the box for any and every new shoe.

Last edited:
I'm not going on the instant am 90 sell out due to Ye. that is a straight exaggeration.

if that was true all 3 colors would sold out cuz he wore all 3. they sold out cuz they were red. kanye brought attention to them yes sure

Last edited:
People can do whatever they want with their shoes. If you view them as shoes, wear them. If you view them as art, then display them. If you see them a little bit as both, double up. Just don't tell others what to do with them. Just do what makes you happy.

Well Done!! :smokin

I'm not going on the instant am 90 sell out due to Ye. that is a straight exaggeration.

if that was true all 3 colors would sold out cuz he wore all 3. they sold out cuz they were red. kanye brought attention to them yes sure

you don't have to go on it, it's the truth.

i watched it happen.

for days there was FSR's on sites like finishline, etc... soon as the pix surfaced, they disappeared within a day.

the other colors sold out too, but not as quick, cuz they were more loud, Ye wore the reds more, and they resembled the red octobers, which he was already seen wearing b4.

Pigeon sb's started the crazy camp outs

but not 8 day long camp outs...

until then, titanium jordan titanium 23's had the longest camp out.

8 days was absurd at the time.

i remember all us in the original yeezy thread in 2009 straight trippin' when we saw pix of a cats lining up 8 full days b4 the blinks dropped.

Last edited:
I still blame Concords, Galaxy Foams, and Instagram for the new sneaker wave and campouts/raffles

they all came after the yeezy 1 hype tho.

as i said, it had the longest camp outs ever seen at the time, and also the first time we had seen retail stores taxing hundreds of dollars over MSRP box price.

it was a snowball effect that started with the SB hype, then the titaniums in 2008, then the yeezys, then the concords, galaxys, etc. etc...

5. the Y1's had a longer camp out than any shoe b4 it, even longer than the titaniums. the blinks had an 8 day camp out in several spots, the longest any shoe had ever seen at the time (and the only shoe to trump it since was the Y2, which had over a month camp out, at least attempted, until nike announced they weren't releasing on march 23rd, and later only gave a 10 day head's up, to deter camp outs that long). they may have been easily attainable to some, with a solid connect, or luck, or if you lived in a small town (like me, that's part of the reason how i got a FSR), but certainly not to all.
View media item 614651

I'm sorry... but this is the hardest I have laughed on NT in a looooooong time :rofl:

you don't have to go on it, it's the truth.

i watched it happen.

for days there was FSR's on sites like finishline, etc... soon as the pix surfaced, they disappeared within a day.

the other colors sold out too, but not as quick, cuz they were more loud, Ye wore the reds more, and they resembled the red octobers, which he was already seen wearing b4.

kanye has worn plenty of kicks that sat on the shelf b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom