Votes: 135 26.4%
  • Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
When I e-mailed them about it, they said they weren't sure if they were actually getting any in after their "official" release yesterday. Who knows if they were lying or not, but I figured I'd pass this along. 

Yeah definitely a dumb move by them. That sounds pretty true.

Not a big surprise to me, but my order for the Preheats from kicks-crew got refunded and cancelled yesterday/today. If you ordered from them, go to the member section of the site and check under order information.
How much was it and how much was shipping. They completely took these off their site they probably over sold.
I was messaging them on facebook for information about my preorder for the preheats and I got this message this morning:

But I did not receive a refund yet so I hope it will be sooner than later.

Man I'm anxious to see what will happen to my order. Edit* nvm then lol guess refund it is.

Last edited:
Not a big surprise to me, but my order for the Preheats from kicks-crew got refunded and cancelled yesterday/today. If you ordered from them, go to the member section of the site and check under order information.

How much was it and how much was shipping. They completely took these off their site they probably over sold.

I was messaging them on facebook for information about my preorder for the preheats and I got this message this morning:
View media item 498027
But I did not receive a refund yet so I hope it will be sooner than later.

They are apology. :lol:

Yeah definitely a dumb move by them. That sounds pretty true.
I didn't order from them, but the stock in Asian countries (for the pre-heats) is just coming in now it seems (not in retail stores, all second hand selling/through connects).  The lowest is right at 400$.  No surprise they did this.  Really sorry bro :/ that's just dirty of them

I took winzz and some of your advice and picked up a pair each of the Bamboo's and MC's. Especially if the Bamboo's are going to retail at $150, they'd end up costing me $165 in the end anyways. I figure paying $15 is well worth the peace of mind and the fact I get them super early
smile.gif

Had a little more trouble paying the $230 China retail price for the MC's, but ultimately figured it'd be worth it. I'm pretty sure I won't regret it a couple of years from now after I burn through my first pair.
Nice man.  If you had more time, the Curials are still available for a bit cheaper (especially @ anyone that comes to China this summer, so you can look into it before hand), but a great pickup nonetheless. 

The Bamboo's are straight fuego.  Love the 竹(bamboo) on the outsole.

Maybe some more pics will entice me on the Meteorology but i'm just not a big fan of pink shoes. Bamboo are a must though!

Last edited:
Yep more than likely they saw resell prices for these and cancelled them then in a week or 2 raise the price and say we have surprisingly reviewed our shipment dirty.
Saw 3 of the 4 backpacks no seat pleasants and I'm sold on the meteorology but not for $80.

Nice man.  If you had more time, the Curials are still available for a bit cheaper (especially @ anyone that comes to China this summer, so you can look into it before hand), but a great pickup nonetheless. 

The Bamboo's are straight fuego.  Love the 竹(bamboo) on the outsole.

Thanks man. You can find the MC's for less than the 1399rmb here at a legit retailer? I'm actually heading to Taiwan next. You guys know if they have any special releases there? Now I have to figure out how I'm going to bring these pairs home haha. Might ship them snail mail even though it'll take two months. Either that or try to sneak on three carry on's lol.

I haven't seen this mentioned but is the Meteorologies a general release? I'm thinking these may be my first pair of KDs and trying to gauge how hard it will be for me to get a pair online. Mainly been into Jordans but like the look of this shoe.

Meteorologys will sell out just off the weatherman hype.... If they are a true gr, be patient and be able to catch desperate resellers that can't get rid of em. Prob get em less than retail.

Thoughts on the bamboos? Anyone think they'll be limited? Trying to gauge whether I bite the bullett and try to score a pair from China or actually be patient and wait for the US release

I think it'll be a special release with the special box that will drive up hype. Then a regular release with somewhat limited numbers, that if the limited release didn't happen they'd be easy to get.

With that said, I'd treat it like a lebron china release... If you can get now for a little over retail, and you have the $$ and don't mind dropping the $$. Do it now.

Do we know what retail for the bamboos are over there? Is it a mark up from the SP's? 

I just secured my two pairs for 1,099 RMB each, which with the current conversion comes to around $180. FYI, I tried to grab a pair for my buddy who is a big footer, and they didn't have his size. The employee told me they only got like 1 pair of the bigger sizes (11 and up) since most people in China wear smaller sizes (I think like 8-9 is the average here).

Thinking about copping the Bamboos from China. It's not much more than retail and I won't have to deal with the possible limited release over here. Gonna talk to my dad tomorrow to see if he knows anybody over there from his job. In the meantime does anyone know of any Chinese based sites that have em for sale?

Thinking about copping the Bamboos from China. It's not much more than retail and I won't have to deal with the possible limited release over here. Gonna talk to my dad tomorrow to see if he knows anybody over there from his job. In the meantime does anyone know of any Chinese based sites that have em for sale?

NDC China is currently sold out, but they might restock like the US site. Can only ship within China though I believe, so your dad would need some contact to receive them.

http://www.nikestore.com.cn/product/fair/KD6bamboo66.htm

Thanks man. You can find the MC's for less than the 1399rmb here at a legit retailer? I'm actually heading to Taiwan next. You guys know if they have any special releases there? Now I have to figure out how I'm going to bring these pairs home haha. Might ship them snail mail even though it'll take two months. Either that or try to sneak on three carry on's lol.
You could get MC's from a legit Nike retailers here in Shenzhen for 20% off on weekends if you ever stop by that city. Not just MC's but most kicks are on sale besides new releases (KD 6)

I just secured my two pairs for 1,099 RMB each, which with the current conversion comes to around $180. FYI, I tried to grab a pair for my buddy who is a big footer, and they didn't have his size. The employee told me they only got like 1 pair of the bigger sizes (11 and up) since most people in China wear smaller sizes (I think like 8-9 is the average here).
Generally you will find up to 12 in stores.  Online (2nd hand distributors) you can get larger sizes.

You could get MC's from a legit Nike retailers here in Shenzhen for 20% off on weekends if you ever stop by that city. Not just MC's but most kicks are on sale besides new releases (KD 6)
Nice looks on the discount in store man.  Again, also try Taobao as some sellers are just ready to move them, and you can talk them down (chinese is a must though).

@JRDer for shipping, you can always take the nike box apart/unfold for more room in your suitcase if you haven't already done that.  Saves a lot of space.

Nice looks on the discount in store man.  Again, also try Taobao as some sellers are just ready to move them, and you can talk them down (chinese is a must though).

@JRDer for shipping, you can always take the nike box apart/unfold for more room in your suitcase if you haven't already done that.  Saves a lot of space.

Thanks guys for the tips. Good looking out. Wish I could speak Chinese haha. Never expected to find so many legit early release and hard to find kicks at reasonable prices here in China. Next time I come back, I'll definitely be more prepared :smile:.

Just received my "Seat Pleasant" from Bodega. (I'm all the way in Portugal!) :smile:

I went up half a size like Nightwing2303 suggested. And as always for me, he was right about the sizing. They fit me perfectly. This is the first KD that doesn't give me any sort of pain be it on the sides because they are too narrow or at the top. I'm very happy with these! As for cushioning, they are setup like the KD V, but feel a lot more comfortable out of the box. Softer.

Just to note, I'm a big guy with a pretty high foot (don't know how to explain it properly), so the way the tongue is setup actually makes these more comfortable for me since it helps expand the shoe. Something the KD V didn't because of how it was constructed. 

I can't wait for the meteorology colorway!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom