• Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
If the Texas don't glow im out lol

Kind of drastic. (I get what you are saying tho)

LET ME ASK THIS THREAD A GENERAL QUESTION:

We all like our GITD accents on our kicks...
BUT if u wear your shoes during the day, you wont see the glow. If you wear your kicks at night, some bright light source would have to activate the glow which everybodys night activities are different...

The question is WHY THE BIG DEAL IF THEY GLOW OR NOT? (Aside from the cool factor of GITD)

Last edited:
Kind of drastic. (I get what you are saying tho)

LET ME ASK THIS THREAD A GENERAL QUESTION:

We all like our GITD accents on our kicks...

BUT if u wear your shoes during the day, you wont see the glow. If you wear your kicks at night, some bright light source would have to activate the glow which everybodys night activities are different...

The question is WHY THE BIG DEAL IF THEY GLOW OR NOT? (Aside from the cool factor of GITD)
Exactly! Ive been asking that every time someone mentions GITD i dont get it.

For me personally idc if it does or not, now if its those GITD kamikazes nah im good on those but the glow on the Halloweens doesnt bug me. Dont think "its cool" either ... but the fact is why does it even matter?

Like you said, majority of the time we are wearing our shoes during THE DAY, and if we are wearing them at night they wont glow anyway without that light source. I think people just say some things on here just to say, or come up with any excuse they can to not like/buy a shoe

I guess I could have waited until I got to work to buy the Halloweens. Oh well I got them secured all that matters I was up anyway.

There's still a FSR on NDC ... crazy

I guess no one read what nike said about them

http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/kd-vi-texas/

The KD VI ‘Texas’ launches in limited quantities on Oct. 10 at Nike.com.

Lol uh oh .....

Last edited:
I don't give if a shoe GITD or not. I really could care less. To me, honestly, it's kind of corny.

I remember in the Penny V thread when the Invisibility Cloaks were about to drop all these new posters started coming in and asking about if they glowed. I mean, it's a dope shoe either way, so what does it matter? 

I don't want to offend anyone, and not trying to fire shots, but I've often seen the whole thing about a shoe glowing making/breaking your purchase as a really hypebeast/reseller type of issue to have. Literally has no effect on performance, and unless you are only copping kicks to rock in completely dark rooms, no big deal. Even when Paul George rocked the GITD Flight Ones for dunk contest, you couldn't see it on TV.

That all being said, I can't even pretend to understand younger kids these days and their shoe preferences. Maybe GITD is what's really hot in the streets and I'm out of touch.

Again, no shots fired, just personal opinion stated.

I guess I could have waited until I got to work to buy the Halloweens. Oh well I got them secured all that matters I was up anyway.

There's still a FSR on NDC ... crazy

I guess no one read what nike said about them

http://insider.nike.com/us/launch/kd-vi-texas/

The KD VI ‘Texas’ launches in limited quantities on Oct. 10 at Nike.com.

Lol uh oh .....

:lol: limited my ***...even the smallest FTL in my area that didn't get any previous KDs, got these.

Nike keeps playing their stupid hype game, lol

laugh.gif
limited my ***...even the smallest FTL in my area that didn't get any previous KDs, got these.

Nike keeps playing their stupid hype game, lol
I know right. Did the same thing with the graffitis. They released and then about 3 hours later since they had pairs, they sent out an email saying limited edition or something like that. Either way Idc really Im just happy I was able to get them hassle free without getting that cart timer while i was still half asleep.

Can you blame them though? theyre going to milk it for everything its worth

Just walked right into my local footaction and COPPED the Texas CW.....Even got the KD socks why I was at it...EASY COP.

I like the GITD on the Galaxy IV (and the VI iD I made) but it's not a big deal for me on any other shoe.

Typically I'm the only one who sees the glow effect anyways and yeah it's cool for the 15 seconds when I walk in the front door from being outside but no one else ever sees them really.

Well here's the thing I love GITD the materials used by Nike are extremely well at absorbing light so they glow immediately after even a small source. It's not really an excuse I just really like GITD. *shrug*

Put me down in the "can't understand the glow fascination" category.

The only thing that was and still remains cool to me is well executed, occasional use of 3m, particularly on the Jordan V's (not including those nasty green beans)

As I'm waiting for the Precision Timing, it's good to see every release after the preheat :x has been an easy cop. Hopefully it stays that way for the PT. :nerd:

Personally, I'm not a big fan of GITD. I felt it was a nice touch for the ASG theme the last two years though. Only because it was fitting for the theme. Oh yeah, and the BTTF Hyperdunks was a nice touch as well. I think the hype for GITD started with those.

I think when ppl say "if it doesn't glow I'm not copping," I think they are referring to that corny ish Nike is starting to do with "green glow" as a solid color.

Nobody wants shoes that looks like they glow, but don't.

Either make it glow or use a different color.

I think when ppl say "if it doesn't glow I'm not copping," I think they are referring to that corny ish Nike is starting to do with "green glow" as a solid color.

Nobody wants shoes that looks like they glow, but don't.

Either make it glow or use a different color.
Well personally I think the green glow color is pretty damn nice. I love it on the 4s and i think its a pretty decent accent to the pit vipers (waiting to grab with bday lol)

we know how it is on here, dudes will find any reason they can to degrade a shoe and at some point end up buying them for some reason. I saw it with the MC kobes, Bel-Airs, Green Glow 4s, and plenty of others. Especially once those on feet pics start to get posted

As I'm waiting for the Precision Timing, it's good to see every release after the preheat
sick.gif
has been an easy cop. Hopefully it stays that way for the PT.
nerd.gif
We are currently living the dream, my friend. The shoes are getting in the hands of people who actually want them (gasp!) for retail prices.

Like you said, hopefully it continues. PT are next on my list unless N7 drops before then.

these are not limited like Nike said they were
grin.gif
  every online store and shops around me have these
laugh.gif
 that being said i like these and i might cop once they start allwoing discounts on these
happy.gif

Last edited:
^^thanks for the on foot. Used my finish line rewards on these. Glad it was this easy. Hoping the N7 will be too, but I have a feeling that drop will be just like the preheat.

these are not limited like Nike said they were>D   every online store and shops around me have these:lol:  that being said i like these and i might cop once they start allwoing discounts on these:D

We dnt kno if theyre limited or not honestly. Just cause theyre still available doesnt mean quantity is high .. it simply means the demand is low

Im glad theyre still available but none of us have inaight on numbers lets not pretend we do thats all im saying .. nike will forever use the limited tag on kicks now cuz it brings in the masses.

Personally i think it has more to do with them dropping on a thursday .. not a holdiay thursday or schools out thurrsday but just a regular ole thursday

^^thanks for the on foot. Used my finish line rewards on these. Glad it was this easy. Hoping the N7 will be too, but I have a feeling that drop will be just like the preheat.

So they let you use the rewards w/o any hassle?.....need to find my rewards coupon when I get home because these are copped in the morning!

^Both are clean imo.  I'd have to see the blue crabs on feet to consider buying though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom