• Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters

I love the WTKD.

and  IMO its is way better than the What The Kobe 8 ( Not my pics) I feel as if you can see the colorways that make it up ALOT better than the Kobe.
It's funny...because I have the WTK 8s and I actually found them more interesting because while they incorporate CWs from the 8, they still have their own look and "match" enough to realize they're a single pair of shoes.

I can appreciate the WTKDs because of how many CWs they were able to get on there, but I think there was wasted potential. The medial sides could have been faded as well, rather than just throwing orange and green. And the grey, speckled midsole throws it off for me...especially since the front of both shoes are already so heavy with white/grey 3M.

Last edited:
This is a serious question, no sarcasm at all. Do you guys ever just say to yourself enough is enough? All this "should I pay $XXX for preorder"..."should I pay $XXX for resell"...is just not getting the shoe ever an option for you guys? Are you capable of just skipping a highly hyped release? Seriously curious, would like to hear good insight...

Yes, which is why I never get anything unless there's zero hype. These are my recent examples:

Struck out on: atc 2 hot lava, masterpieces, details, kd6 & lebron asg, RO yeezy, oregon foams, yeezy foams, infrared 3, concord lows, carmines, every single jordan during the restock

Copped: lebron xi anthracite, perspectives, roshe runs, lunar flyknit 2, lebron elite hero

Pretty obvious difference between the 2 lists imo. I've said this before, I totally get the "there'll be more hot releases in the future" mentality. But what do you do when you strike out on those? And the next ones? Then the next ones? Point being, it has pretty much come down to accepting that I'm not getting anything "hyped" unless I'm willing to cough up the extra dough.

In most cases, I just had to let those pairs I struck out on go. But when a pair I really want comes around, I just say F it and bite the bullet, like I did for Masterpieces and GKs.

If you can be 100% good with leaving everything you miss out on alone, more power to you. Shows a lot of discipline and self-restraint in a hobby full of those without it.

This is a serious question, no sarcasm at all. Do you guys ever just say to yourself enough is enough? All this "should I pay $XXX for preorder"..."should I pay $XXX for resell"...is just not getting the shoe ever an option for you guys? Are you capable of just skipping a highly hyped release? Seriously curious, would like to hear good insight...
I stared at this for a long time wondering how to correctly answer it, because I feel my question about the $300 pre-order sparked this, and after hours of pondering I've found my reason. Buying sneakers has become the new age politics. Obtaining kicks is all in who you know and how much money you can throw around. Without at least one of the two, your destined to fail, at not only highly hyped limited releases, but a great amount of hyped general releases. In politics, name one person who has won an election, without knowing some "higher ups", taking some "unaccounted donations", who has never attacked the opponent's integrity, or never padded or "overstated" their own accomplishments, and actually WON the election. If your true to yourself, you will say none. This is exactly how getting kicks is today. Without pre-orders, bots, "editing coding", hook-ups, paying resell prices, and etc., you will never have a equal chance at getting anything you want, and majority of the time you would at a disadvantage right out of the gate. Anything you REALLY want in life, won't come at just doing the bare minimum. Whether it ranges from copping shoes or winning an election, to giving up many cards for one rare Yu-Gi-Oh card or getting on the high school basketball team, doing more is sometimes the only way to give yourself a remote or competitive chance at obtaining something you REALLY want.

Last edited:
Liked the first pair of VI Elites but not spending $200 on them... Are they still sitting?

Also, I think I'm more excited for my WTKDs to arrive than my LMs

Last edited:

Not trying to rustle jimmies...but does anyone else NOT like the WTKD VI?

I mean...I'm looking at it, and I don't see "it."
To me there's not enough color. It's a white shoe with different print. The Blue WTK8 shoe has been the best WTK yet by far.

The ASG KD VI is the only limited pair of shoes I even own. I thank god for that Eastbay restock a couple weeks ago. I saw someone post the link and got them with ease for retail. The illusions sat for a while until kids got out of school.

Last edited:
I'm eh about the WTKD. It looks amazing don't get me wrong but too loud and out there for me to wear. More power to those who can pull it off and best of luck to all those trying to get their pairs

I got on the KD VIs late, thankfully going back and getting older releases hasn't been problematic. Only pair I paid more then retail for was the Illusions ($200 at sneakercon) but will do so for Presicion Timings, and N7s which are the only ones left for me to find.

I stared at this for a long time wondering how to correctly answer it, because I feel my question about the $300 pre-order sparked this, and after hours of pondering I've found my reason. Buying sneakers has become the new age politics. Obtaining kicks is all in who you know and how much money you can throw around. Without at least one of the two, your destined to fail, at not only highly hyped limited releases, but a great amount of hyped general releases. In politics, name one person who has won an election, without knowing some "higher ups", taking some "unaccounted donations", who has never attacked the opponent's integrity, or never padded or "overstated" their own accomplishments, and actually WON the election. If your true to yourself, you will say none. This is exactly how getting kicks is today. Without pre-orders, bots, "editing coding", hook-ups, paying resell prices, and etc., you will never have a equal chance at getting anything you want, and majority of the time you would at a disadvantage right out of the gate. Anything you REALLY want in life, won't come at just doing the bare minimum. Whether it ranges from copping shoes or winning an election, to giving up many cards for one rare Yu-Gi-Oh card or getting on the high school basketball team, doing more is sometimes the only way to give yourself a remote or competitive chance at obtaining something you REALLY want.
lol.. you had to have been drunk or hi to come up with this.

This new breed of SneakerHead needs every release even when in reality, they don't need every release. They don't pass on ****. By any means necessary.... They gotta' have it. Preorders, EBay Rape prices, camping out for multiple days. It's nothing to them.

The reason Nike/JB started doing these weekly releases in the first place is to satisfy their unsatisfiable thirst for hype.

Grown men don't let shoes control them tho, and they don't need every hyped pair of Nikes that release. It's called restraint. I don't miss out on much. But when I do.... Paying resale ain't never an option unless it's a steal. I'm good. :D

Last edited:
so we can see ftl, fnl, ndc, fta, eastbay getting these online. im not saying ruvilla because their site is just horrendous. anybody know where else?

so we can see ftl, fnl, ndc, fta, eastbay getting these online. im not saying ruvilla because their site is just horrendous. anybody know where else?
with all those sites carrying them.. would not shock me if JJ carried online as well, but they wont announce until later.. also sure a few boutique spots may have them.. st alfreds, cncpts, sneaker politics..etc.. but they may sale in store first and then add remaining pairs online.(if any remain)...

Last edited:
with all those sites carrying them.. would not shock me if JJ carried online as well, but they wont announce until later.. also sure a few boutique spots may have them.. st alfreds, cncpts, sneaker politics..etc.. but they may sale in store first and then add remaining pairs online.(if any remain)...
JJ is I chatted a rep last week 8AM release this Saturday coming up

The WTKDs really grew on me. Can't believe I didn't pull the trigger at BW for $197 shipped. :smh:

I'll try again this weekend, and if I get lucky with a raffle or online then I'll do it for sure.

Last edited:
The WTKDs really grew on me. Can't believe I didn't pull the trigger at BW for $197 shipped. :smh:

I'll try again this weekend, and if I get lucky with a raffle or online then I'll do it for sure.

probably wouldve gotten cancelled from BW anyway

Back
Top Bottom