• Home (Pure Platinum)

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Aunt Pearl

Votes: 86 16.8%
  • Liger

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
You should introduce me and these "good people" :lol:

Nice pick up bro... I'm trying to take a sneaker break, or I'd be on those 66s.

Haha, preciate it. Im tryin 2 but its hard. Im straying far away from jordans and gettin all this other stuff like kd's and kobes.... An its like everytime i get a break, something else is coming out!

Gonna be passing on bamboo and mints. Gonna need the "halloweens" tho!

Just checked out the 66's at FTL. They are nice but a little too much orange for me. Going to pick up the mints though for sure.

In reference to taking a break from buying shoes.. Sometimes I'm happy when I don't like a sneaker, because it makes it easy for me to pass. The problem is that I like most sneakers. Today I had to resist, I copped the Jordan green glow, but passed on the KD NYC 66. Then I saw them revolution loverution joints and was almost tempted. My point is, it's freaking hard to take breaks when you love sneakers.

Does anyone else have an odd "flop" sound when walking with them? Maybe I'm the only one. It's not like they are big on me or anything to make that noise. I'm guessing it's because of the material. 

Also, has anyone tried them on and had them on for like a 14h workday yet? I haven't worn mine for more than a couple of hours at a time. I'm about to go on a business trip and taking the SP and Meteorology with me. Just a little concerned they won't be very comfortable for long days. (Packing some Roshe's just in case!)

Last edited:
Yes, my pair makes that flopping sound too. Guess it's the hyperfuse upper and how the tongue is sewn on. And my advice is to not wear the kd vi for extended hours. I had them on for about 9 hours and they started to hurt my feet bad

Last edited:
Yes, my pair makes that flopping sound too. Guess it's the hyperfuse upper and how the tongue is sewn on. And my advice is to not wear the kd vi for extended hours. I had them on for about 9 hours and they started to hurt my feet bad
Damn. So in your opinion, where does it stand performance wise playing ball against the KDV, Kobe 8 and Lebron X?

Kobe and Lebron are pretty comfortable (not Roshe or Flyknit Lunar comfortable but good for basketball shoes), so this isn't a display/rock shoe for the whole day.

I dont think performance wise they come anywhere near the KOBE 8. Mayb my kd vi need a break in time. The kd's felt pretty stiff but i jsut got a drill workout not a game.

I got to speak with Leo Chang yesterday at the House of Hoops in Brooklyn. Nothing groundbreaking, but he did confirm that there will be a KD VI Elite. Also, he said that the PB&J are his favorite colorway this year.

All in all, he was a super nice dude. Very cool to meet him.

View media item 544328View media item 544327

I know that had to be fun. You should've got a date for the pb & js jk :lol:
Can't wait for the elites if they look good hopefully FTl and co doesn't exclude the elites again. They went from fsr to almost gone.

Last edited:
Damn. So in your opinion, where does it stand performance wise playing ball against the KDV, Kobe 8 and Lebron X?

Kobe and Lebron are pretty comfortable (not Roshe or Flyknit Lunar comfortable but good for basketball shoes), so this isn't a display/rock shoe for the whole day.

Funny,I had this convo the other day. Kobe 8 crushes the kd vi performance wise. Only reason one should pick the kd vi over the Kobe 8 is for the durable zoom/air max cushioning. Personally, the lunarlon insert holds up fine so I have no reason to hoop in my kd vi. From traction to overall comfort the kd vi takes a backseat. And it's only a $10 price difference between the two at retail.

I also prefer the kd v over the vi. The v needs some break in time but they feel great after that. The hyperfuse upper is more forgiving and the traction is much better. $115 vs $130 helps too.

I'm not going to compare the lebron x to the kd because they are totally different make ups.

Is there a chance I can get the NYC's under retail or do I need to just pull the trigger?

I know that had to be fun. You should've got a date for the pb & js jk
laugh.gif

Can't wait for the elites if they look good hopefully FTl and co doesn't exclude the elites again. They went from fsr to almost gone.
they mostly got rttv'd

Back
Top Bottom