OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Where are the VII's again?...
Not that I'm really interested after the debacle of the VII's

Nobody's buying it.  

The same could've been said about the Gil Zero.  Not a peep.  

If you were a new user, perhaps I'd believe you.  You're not.  Same garbage, different bag.  
When Nike does something questionable, it's time to shout from the rooftops.  When Adidas does the same thing, it's not worth mentioning.  Brandwashing is dangerous indeed.

Or basic civility yours.  Earlier this season, a Nike designer found himself in trouble for trying to pin Derek Rose's injury on his shoes.  I'm sure you found that to be in incredibly poor taste to say the least.  It was a cheap shot.  Players have been injured while wearing every sneaker brand imaginable.  They've been injured while wearing tape.  They've been injured while wearing braces.  They've been injured in highs, mids, and lows.  

Anyone so motivated could post pictures of Derek Rose or Gilbert Arenas grimacing in pain.  What would that prove?

At least be consistent. 

Lawl this dude always crack me up with his choice of words

The irony is tremendous

Where does he say that he thinks lowtops 1) prevent injury better than mids/highs,  2) render an athlete impervious to ankle injuries?  

He didn't.  All he said was that the extra material wasn't "going to prevent someone from rolling their ankle."  To me, that sounds like he's saying that lows are no less effective than mids or highs at preventing injury.  He's more concerned with the platform height than the cut.  

I guess you saw what you wanted to see.  I think that's pretty clear. 
You can twist that crap anyway that you want. He clearly stated that people who thought that mids would protect you more, are idiots.

Many ballplayers, those at the highest levels, feel much more comfortable and secure in mids to highs.

But as I said, it's not the shoe, it is the conditioning of the athlete, not the shoes. That changes if there are congenital issues present, and BTW? I wasn't on this site when Gil's first shoe was released.

ill end the discussion,

lows>>>>>>>>>mids

thats IMO give me all the free lebrons, premium mid nikes you want for the rest of my life and i cant/wont wear them.

too restricted when wearing them, my ankles and feet have no freedom. i bought the mid hyperfuse 2011, after 2 wears i sold them for half i paid because they just did not feel right :smh:

hyperfuse lows on the other hand :pimp:

i bet your one of those dudes who buys basketball shoes and argues about performance yet you dont even play basketball.
your just like all those other kids who "think" wearing lows means you will get injured.
cant be farther from the truth
laugh.gif
how do i know? lots of personal experience
wink.gif
Kids?

If I had something to prove, I may just put myself out there, then putting up my accomplishments, degrees, then where I've matriculated and then played professionally, but since I have absolutely nothing to prove.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
roll.gif

:D i lovethis thread :D

different folks different strokes,everybodys entitled to their own personal opinion about anything, smart or total dumb,[/
I]

Not really the kobe 8 but this is a rumored 2013 Nike Black Mamba 24 Sneaker. (via djdelz)

This is actually not bad, might give it a try when it releases. The only thing I don't like from it basing from this picture is the lack of an exaggerated outrigger. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Not really the kobe 8 but this is a rumored 2013 Nike Black Mamba 24 Sneaker. (via djdelz)

This is actually not bad, might give it a try when it releases. The only thing I don't like from it basing from this picture is the lack of an exaggerated outrigger. :rolleyes

whoa, those are actually decent

You can twist that crap anyway that you want. He clearly stated that people who thought that mids would protect you more, are idiots.
Am I twisting that?  Not "lows are safer than mids."  Not "you can't get hurt in lows."

Want to keep proving me right here or are we just about done? 
If I had something to prove, I may just put myself out there, then putting up my accomplishments, degrees, then where I've matriculated and then played professionally, but since I have absolutely nothing to prove.....
If you had a point, you'd have something to prove.  But, since you don't... 

Am I twisting that?  Not "lows are safer than mids."  Not "you can't get hurt in lows."

Want to keep proving me right here or are we just about done? 

If you had a point, you'd have something to prove.  But, since you don't... 
Of course you are twisting it to serve what you are attempting to do, which is to try and prove that I am saying something against Kobe Bryant and his low cut shoe, in which I was not.

Here is what he said again,
Originally Posted by al3x89

.i still don't see how a piece of leather is going to prevent someone from rolling their ankle. whoever made that **** up and the sheep that followed are idiots.. seriously. if a body part wants to turn a certain way, a piece of material won't get in the way.
So you've conveniently ignored my comment, saying that it is not the shoes that keep you safe, that it is your physical conditioning that will allow you to bounce back from twists and tweaks.

But it's whatever, because you have all the power here, and nobody can argue with you. I've put up what was said by the other poster, and you still will not accept that he was comparing hi's to lows, suggesting that wearing lows were better.

You will do anything to make yourself SOUND correct.

Last edited:
Of course you are twisting it to serve what you are attempting to do, which is to try and prove that I am saying something against Kobe Bryant and his low cut shoe, in which I was not.
What am I twisting?  I'm posting the same quotes you are!  
laugh.gif

I find it ironic that you've been in here scolding other users about reading comprehension.  You've yet to point out where this user suggested that lowtops were BETTER than mids/highs or where he suggested that it's IMPOSSIBLE to suffer an ankle injury in them.

What he said - for the last time - is this, and I'll use the same exact quote you did:  
i still don't see how a piece of leather is going to prevent someone from rolling their ankle. whoever made that **** up and the sheep that followed are idiots.. seriously. if a body part wants to turn a certain way, a piece of material won't get in the way.
Now let's parse this correctly.  

"I don't see how a piece of leather is going to prevent someone from rolling their ankle."  

Does this mean:

a) that the absence of this "piece of leather" therefore makes lowtops BETTER than mids/highs at preventing ankle sprains

b) that the absence of this "piece of leather" renders the athlete invulnerable to ankle injury

c) the user believes that this "piece of leather" "won't get in the way" of an ankle sprain.  Therefore, a lowtop sneaker is NO WORSE than a high/mid at preventing ankle injuries.  

How does this imply that "wearing lows were [sic] better?"  It seems to me that he's simply explaining his preference.  The only reason he claimed they were better than other shoes was because of the "ride height" and, as we've discussed, you've been promoting the same idea for years to attack Nike Air products. 

Let's be honest:  you just wanted to post a bunch of pictures of Kobe Bryant getting hurt in the Kobe sneaker.   Good job.   You proved a point that no one disputed.  

It IS possible to suffer an ankle injury while wearing a lowtop.   Stay right there; I'll alert the media.  

You know what, I didn't intend to offend anyone with what I posted. I simply showed that you could indeed twist your ankle in lows, just as well as in mids to highs. It was as simple as that. I even ended my comment by saying that conditioning is what makes the real difference, which agreed with the commenter about Kobe's bouncing back after such an accident, but not due to the shoes. I was complimenting him on his durability, due to his conditioning, as Kobe Bryant is one of the best conditioned athletes out there today.

Props given.

However, you didn't attempt to understand that, now did you?

BTW, I don't even have to attack Nike products anymore. There is an ever growing legion, one that seems to be growing exponentially, with the complaints of high prices, and then low quality product and violence, even here on Nike Talk.

It's really cool to see this happening.
[h1]Nike, LeBron X and sneakerheads: Dying to be fresh[/h1]
By Stephen A. Crockett Jr.

[h1]http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...938804c-f84d-11e1-8253-3f495ae70650_blog.html[/h1]

Last edited:
Based on my personal experience .. i twisted my ankle at least three times or more wearing Kobe IV compared to any other kobes.. wanted to burn that damn shoe :lol:

Absolutely loved Kobe V tho..

back to the topic.. still no new pics? :smh:

I dont MIND playing in low tops, my "prime" years of playing ball was back when all I wore were the OG Air Jordan XI IE (black/red).. why? because I missed out on the og bred mids HAHAH

but I did have issues with them on occasions.. yes I have rolled my ankle a handful of times using them, but overall I just enjoyed the feel of playing in lows. So lows won't stop me from buying, BUT now that i'm older it does make me hesitate on what I do, how hard I push myself, and if i should get a brace to wear too.

can't wait to see final pics of the kobe viii. i hope the "del sol" color is like the darker "del sol" like on the vi, and not the tour yellow-ish of the 7s.

I like this look, and I really appreciate the swoosh move to the toe (though apparently that move isn't permanent for this model?). It's a dynamic logo to begin with, and moving it forwards creates an even more dynamic quality to what shoe its on. Try re-imagining the HD 2012 in your head with a midsole swoosh; not nearly as exciting of a shoe (to me, anyway). Adidas will always have more difficulty moving their logo around than Nike. I remember when the Gil Zeros were announced with the three stripes in the back, and it was a dope shoe because it showed some growth from the brand.

In any case, I'm can't say that I dislike the Kobe System concept as a whole, but I'm not a huge fan of the execution. Hope they iron out what needs to be ironed out here. Also, this shoe has the potential for some crazy cw's.

I have worn my fair share of lowtops before Kobes. Air Lambaste, T-Mac 1&2, Adidas Amazing Handles, some And 1 lows, and AJ XI low LE. I preferred the lows because they are less restrictive (I'm a guard/running around type of player). Rolling my ankles wearing lows weren't even on my mind at that time lol. Call me stupid but I just didn't care. If it happen it happens. Luckily I didn't suffer anything major. I tweaked my ankle but I kept playing on it to try and walk it off. Now I would be semi-conscious of that because of the softer materials being used today and my body isn't what it used to be haha.

I don't have a problem with the system, just gotta be a hot looking shoe with many color blocking potential, not just one bright color on the upper(played out). They got the rest on lock. Pricing is what it is so I will not make it an issue since i'll go for one or two hyped release and GRs with discounts anyways (depends on how the finish product looks like first lol).

Might as well call them the 7.2 but I'll have to see them in person to make an opinion. Any word on the release date?

Man i have a feeling these are going to be sick LOL> those pics make them look decent. I personally am excited.

Civility isn't a strong suit for many around here, so I am not alone in that one.

That said, people didn't want  to wear Gil's shoes from Adidas, due to them being from Adidas, then not Nike. I didn't say anything here against lows, not one peep as you put it.

Now find one comment I made against low cut shoes.

I dare you.

your crazy. EVERYBODY loved the gil zero on here. that was a great shoe. the fact it came in lows and mids was even better.

Civility isn't a strong suit for many around here, so I am not alone in that one.

That said, people didn't want  to wear Gil's shoes from Adidas, due to them being from Adidas, then not Nike. I didn't say anything here against lows, not one peep as you put it.

Now find one comment I made against low cut shoes.

I dare you.

your crazy. EVERYBODY loved the gil zero on here. that was a great shoe. the fact it came in lows and mids was even better.

people loved them? :lol: like who

i bet they were decent shoes, i didnt own them. I own a single shoe signed by him though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom