OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

i experienced no heel slippage with my VIs and ive beat up 4 pairs on the court...

It was definitely a concern by most people including me. All you gotta do is break them in though.
Once you broke the insole in, it should be fine. It's just not as good as the zk5's lockdown.

i experienced no heel slippage with my VIs and ive beat up 4 pairs on the court...

the same as here, i love the fit of the vi's. i guess, people's feet are different or else they just don't know their tts fit. i've seen a lot of peps wearing the vi's with a lot of open space in the heel area.....smh. when i tried half size up on the vi's there was a lot of heel slippage from just walking. the v's heel lockdown was better. i hope the viii's heel lockdown is like that.

Despite the yellow tights.....these are some of the best looking on foot basketball shoes ive seen in a while. They look great

Can't wait for ID to get the mamba pattern or whatever we are calling it. I want them in black and red or black and grey.

my bad, didn't see the ID thread. just ctrl+f'd "viii", but the id thread is under "8". anyway, these look really good for hooping. the last 2 kobes have been my hooping shoes and these look like they'll be better for that purpose

Definitely picking these up on 12/20 at NTSM or on swoosh. Hopefully they're discounted. What a great looking shoe..

Those are straight up hulk hogan tights, but glad to hear more positive things about the shoes on court performance.

skin tight!!!!
I think the tights are a bit out of place, but that's just my nickel.
If they keep you warm in MinneSNOWta and keep your knees up to par...do your thang.

Aren't those compression tights? Maybe that guy has bad knees or something.

Last edited:
Those should be compression sleeves, you guys really never heard of those? They were banned in the NBA after awhile.

naw im sorry unless your an NBA player you dont need to be wearing that. you look like a straight up poser. with a doubt.

Weird, I remember the NBA made a rule against them because a lot of players started wearing them. Kobe stopped wearing them after that. You can probably find an article on google. I think it was because of the dress code, not sure, but I know some type of rule came up.

BTW, I hope Sulfurs hit swoosh. :nerd:

Last edited:
Dont understand wearing them for basketball. I wear them for football to stay warm. Would never wear them indoors or warm weather.

Back
Top Bottom