OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

So I picked up my first Kobe 8's yesterday, played in them too(Very nice), I got the volts, which rang up in store as 150, but the suggested retail on the box, and the price on FTL.com is 140...I had a $10 off coupon, but I feel like I got jipped. And the service was horrible, the guy who "helped" me just smirked and chuckled when I asked to try on a pair(when he did talk it was whisper quiet), and he didn't even give me a place to sit down and try them on. I seriously felt like there was a secret club you had to be in to get the shoes....Any advice?

So I picked up my first Kobe 8's yesterday, played in them too(Very nice), I got the volts, which rang up in store as 150, but the suggested retail on the box, and the price on FTL.com is 140...I had a $10 off coupon, but I feel like I got jipped. And the service was horrible, the guy who "helped" me just smirked and chuckled when I asked to try on a pair(when he did talk it was whisper quiet), and he didn't even give me a place to sit down and try them on. I seriously felt like there was a secret club you had to be in to get the shoes....Any advice?

ummmm, you shouldnt have purchased THEN complained. talk to the manager and tell him/her whats good next time. they always trying to meet goals so they dont want that money walking out the door.

OSlife restocking the Easters sz 8-11 today

Is there a discount code available through checkout?

ahhh standard model, enabled, or elite?

Looks to be standard...but with the hype it has generated since day 1, I could see it being a Nike+ enabled model also.

Nike KNOWS it will sell out whether it's $140 or $170 (please Nike, keep it $140).

Pics of the Purple Fades/Gradients are on the first page if you haven't seen them. Kobe's been wearing them basically the whole season.

Last edited:
Did OSL restock the Easters early? They said they were gonna do it at noon but they have a size 8 up right now with everything else saying sold out. Was gonna try grabbing a pair for one of my boys, looks like I'm gonna have to give him the bad news :lol:.

i never buy kobes/nikes locally (manila).. it just doesnt sit well in my mind that retail here is so damn expensive compared to the US. I mean come on, shoes are made in china/taiwan and they're just a stone's throw away from us, but the mark up in retail price is unbelievable!

You're going to be buying inserts very soon, basket ball shoes aren't made for that, my shoes started lasting way longer once I stopped wearing them on my posterior chain and leg days

I've noticed my sulfurs wearing down pretty fast from this myself. not the outside apperance but when there's an extra 300 + lbs on your shoes it tends to go down

^^^Thought OS was supposed to restock in an hour?

Would suck for those waiting, if they put them up already...

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but are the Kobe 8's limited in general? I just recently started playing ball again and after researching these they seem to have the characteristics that are going to work best for my feet but they appear to be sold out in my size online at all of the big sites. I haven't had a chance to get to the store this week. Do you think I'll have any luck? I'm hoping to find either the blue or grey/volt in a store.

Nope. They are on the West Coast, and their e-mail they sent announcing the release said they would ship out either Wednesday or Friday, depending on what part of the order your shoes were in. They're good for it though... had many great experiences

Originally Posted by Scofield1

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but are the Kobe 8's limited in general? I just recently started playing ball again and after researching these they seem to have the characteristics that are going to work best for my feet but they appear to be sold out in my size online at all of the big sites. I haven't had a chance to get to the store this week. Do you think I'll have any luck? I'm hoping to find either the blue or grey/volt in a store.
All good sizes are usually gone within a week. The Kobes are very popular this year. you can go to footlocker and stock locate and they can find your size.

Last edited:
Where are you located? You could use the stock locate feature that many people in this thread have talked about (read back some pages and you'll find it) and get your size that way. Those two color ways you're discussing were more of a general release than the BHM's, All Stars, Christmas, so I could try your luck doing that. 

Did OSL restock the Easters early? They said they were gonna do it at noon but they have a size 8 up right now with everything else saying sold out. Was gonna try grabbing a pair for one of my boys, looks like I'm gonna have to give him the bad news
laugh.gif
^^^Thought OS was supposed to restock in an hour?

Would suck for those waiting, if they put them up already...
I don't think they've done it yet. They've had that sz 8 for a few days now. 
I sure hope not I was looking to pick up something off that restock. Where are they located that the Easter's are $200?

Where are you located? You could use the stock locate feature that many people in this thread have talked about (read back some pages and you'll find it) and get your size that way. Those two color ways you're discussing were more of a general release than the BHM's, All Stars, Christmas, so I could try your luck doing that. 
I live on Long Island. I'm hoping to get to the mall on Friday and try my luck. There's a Footlocker, Champs and Finish Line there so maybe I can find a pair. Thank you for your response.

I live on Long Island. I'm hoping to get to the mall on Friday and try my luck. There's a Footlocker, Champs and Finish Line there so maybe I can find a pair. Thank you for your response.

Call walt Whitman footlocker, they might have a pair of blue Kobe's still

Back
Top Bottom