OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The real question is, how much box was Kobe slaying over in London that prompted Vanessa to come over there AND bring the kids haha. It's like "Kobe, you remember this **** right here don't you?!"

But back to the shoes: the curled toe just means that the shoe probably flexes in all the right places. And EM on the upper looks like it will be nice as far as people who don't like all the creasing near the toe box, the only downside to the EM is that it will probably be a bit and half to clean on lighter color uppers. While I want an inline CW badly, that shoe will probably near impossible to clean haha.

Pretty sure I saw a rumored grinch color way on sole collector and the Xmas color way hasn't been confirmed yet, so there is a very real chance that the Xmas color way this year will be Kobe 8 "Grinch" just saying.... What other color way could it be? The other color way that people thought were Xmas is the pythons and those not going to release this year so pretty sure Xmas color way could be anything at this point...

Pretty sure I saw a rumored grinch color way on sole collector and the Xmas color way hasn't been confirmed yet, so there is a very real chance that the Xmas color way this year will be Kobe 8 "Grinch" just saying.... What other color way could it be? The other color way that people thought were Xmas is the pythons and those not going to release this year so pretty sure Xmas color way could be anything at this point...
That "Grinch" cw is fake, and it was a pic from a fake Eric Avar account. But a lot of sneaker blogs ran with it anyway without checking their sources.

Kobe himself already confirmed the other day that the Christmas Lights/Stained Glass/Multi-color Scales colorway is this year's Xmas colorway, and he even dubbed them the "Christmas Lights" because those were the inspiration.

So...there is absolutely ZERO confusion what is the Xmas colorway. Enough about a Grinch colorway being the Xmas colorway, it's a dead subject, and people need to stop reviving it.

Does this colorway description sound like a "Grinch" colorway to you? This is directly from the NDC release calendar:

Kobe 8 System
Black/Bright Crimson-Fiberglass-Vivid Sulpher
Style# 555035-030
$150

Last edited:
Smh....God can the Grinch talk DIE already...There is NO GRINCH cw
Hallelujah.....

The Grinch CW shouldn't be replicated on any other model PERIOD. Let the legends live man. People hear Grinch and get caught up in trying to resell stuff.

Ppl still think that fake grinch picture is real?

And sole collector DID report that, so no wonder there's no fact behind it...

Just a little info for those that care. I was at work (finishline) a couple of days ago and saw that Kobe 8's are on our launch calendar. Thought it may have been a mistake, but I spoke with a FINL rep "in the know" that confirmed it. The only release slated so far is in march. Hopefully this is indeed true.

***EDIT: just searched and saw that this already came up a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if pics were posted or not. If so, sorry for reiterating. Thought there may be a few of y'all hoping FINL finally starts carrying the Kobe line as well.

Last edited:
It's so funny because when the REAL Grinch dropped only Kobeheads copped..... 2 years later now they're on a lot of peoples grail list solely because of their market value.

Folks sleep/slept so hard on the ZK Line and they'll be trying to play catch up once he retires and everyone is going to want to wear em. Too busy with chasing what everyone else is chasing.
mean.gif

Just a little info for those that care. I was at work (finishline) a couple of days ago and saw that Kobe 8's are on our launch calendar. Thought it may have been a mistake, but I spoke with a FINL rep "in the know" that confirmed it. The only release slated so far is in march. Hopefully this is indeed true.
***EDIT: just searched and saw that this already came up a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if pics were posted or not. If so, sorry for reiterating. Thought there may be a few of y'all hoping FINL finally starts carrying the Kobe line as well.

I wish FNL was carrying the Kobes when i was working there 3 years ago. =(

That happens to just about every sneaker ever to a certain degree.

my VII's don't, and if they do no where near that much off the ground, neither do any of my jay's. I'm just gonna have to see these in person and try on a pair too

my VII's don't, and if they do no where near that much off the ground, neither do any of my jay's. I'm just gonna have to see these in person and try on a pair too

he's a size 14, that's a long *** foot. :lol:

Would love to hear a thorough performance review on these, Kobe's have always been great performance, but each shoe had one characteristic flaw:

Kobe IV - Lunar foam bottoming out. Also not as light and form fitting as the V and VI.

Kobe V - Lighter, great zoom (no more lunar) but Horrible Traction (no more herringbone)

Kobe VI - Same as V, horrible traction (no herringbone) but everything else strong. (slightly weaker heel lockdown)

Kobe VII - A huge dissapointment all around.

Kobe VIII? Supposedly the lightest kobe shoe yet. Low cute. Herrigbone! None of the gimmicks of the VII. I'm curious to see how the lockdown is and the breathable engineered mesh fit as well. 

I wanna hear some Kobe Elite Socks announcement. I know it could be "laughable" that I'm waiting for a sock, but Kobe RARELY has socks unlike LBJ. Besides I'm switching to Quarter Sock, might as well get Kobe's sock.

Looks like everyone just did a 180 on the sulfurs and the kobe 8's in general. These need to be special since 8 is kobe's old number. I hope these are up there with the 4's, 5's, and 6's. Looking good thus far.

Would love to hear a thorough performance review on these, Kobe's have always been great performance, but each shoe had one characteristic flaw:

Kobe IV - Lunar foam bottoming out. Also not as light and form fitting as the V and VI.

Kobe V - Lighter, great zoom (no more lunar) but Horrible Traction (no more herringbone)

Kobe VI - Same as V, horrible traction (no herringbone) but everything else strong. (slightly weaker heel lockdown)

Kobe VII - A huge dissapointment all around.

Kobe VIII? Supposedly the lightest kobe shoe yet. Low cute. Herrigbone! None of the gimmicks of the VII. I'm curious to see how the lockdown is and the breathable engineered mesh fit as well. 

I thought the traction on the VI was great. It almost gets better as you wear them longer, I dunno how to describe it. My favorite Kobe model out of the line.

You should be banned. Learn to read.

Looks like everyone just did a 180 on the sulfurs and the kobe 8's in general. These need to be special since 8 is kobe's old number. I hope these are up there with the 4's, 5's, and 6's. Looking good thus far.

I for one did a 180 on the sulfurs. The more I looked at them the more I noticed the yellows blend well.

I thought the traction on the VI was great. It almost gets better as you wear them longer, I dunno how to describe it. My favorite Kobe model out of the line.

Same here. I haven't had a problem with my 3 pairs of VI's traction wise.

Like wise, I loved the traction o the VI, though it took a few games to actually get that great. I've played well over 100 games in 'em, no exaggeration and they're still my favorite shoes to ball in. Just don't like a bit of the lack of heel lockdown, but other than that I've never had a problem with the VI's. Hoping that the VIII surpasses them in my book.

Back
Top Bottom