OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

So Lakers might not make it to the playoffs, and well get a Laker cw while everyone else is playing... Stupid Nike.

Those elites have Kobe playing at an elite level 
eek.gif

Y'all dudes obviously don't know anything about Bball here. Stay on topic and I'm pretty sure Nike can't make Kobe wear anything lol upgrades on elites may just be better, ever thought about that?

Nike has marketed the Elite Series, since day 1 of last year, as footwear for the "2nd part" of the NBA season. It's the Playoff version of that particular stars shoe...whether it be Kobe, Lebron, KD this year or Blake Griffin last year...

It would be hard to showcase a particular players Playoff footwear if they're not in the Playoffs...makes since Nike would prefer Kobe to wear them now, just so they can get some airtime. The average consumer probably wouldn't want to pay $220 for a shoe they won't see that player wear.

Besides, if the shoe is such an upgrade, why wait until now to wear them?

Why aren't Lebron and KD wearing their Elites now? Because the Elites are to be showcased by their respective Stars in the Playoffs, not on a boat while they've "Gone Fishin",,,

Looks like the laker homes will come out in dark grey if that pic posted is any indication.

Either or will do, but I would have preferred the light grey

Elites look cool in game. Good box score form mamba tonite. I thought i saw a yots pattern ID on the bench? Anyone catch those

Last edited:
Nike probably told Kobe he'd only get his portion of elite sales if the Lakers make it to the playoffs :lol:

man this perfromance in the elites is EXACTLY what nike was looking for, cant wait till friday to see what he wears at home vs the warriors...

Nike has marketed the Elite Series, since day 1 of last year, as footwear for the "2nd part" of the NBA season. It's the Playoff version of that particular stars shoe...whether it be Kobe, Lebron, KD this year or Blake Griffin last year...

It would be hard to showcase a particular players Playoff footwear if they're not in the Playoffs...makes since Nike would prefer Kobe to wear them now, just so they can get some airtime. The average consumer probably wouldn't want to pay $220 for a shoe they won't see that player wear.

Besides, if the shoe is such an upgrade, why wait until now to wear them?

Why aren't Lebron and KD wearing their Elites now? Because the Elites are to be showcased by their respective Stars in the Playoffs, not on a boat while they've "Gone Fishin",,,

Playoffs already started for LA. Every game is a playoff game from here on out.

A question for the NT fam, dont you think if the elites are that much better performance wise, Kobe would only wear the elites? dont get sucked into the flywire hype fellas. if you like the shoe grab it but dont convince yourself theyre a better shoe. If it were better, you would never see Kobe in anything other than the elites. just something to think about.

Kobe had an awesome game...

...still no way in hell am I buying those elites for retail though :lol:
#outletorbust

Playoffs already started for LA. Every game is a playoff game from here on out.

Exactly...

Nike knows this, and they know there may only be 6 chances for Kobe to wear his Elites if the Lakers miss the Playoffs this season.

They gotta market these Kobe Elites any way they can.

A question for the NT fam, dont you think if the elites are that much better performance wise, Kobe would only wear the elites? dont get sucked into the flywire hype fellas. if you like the shoe grab it but dont convince yourself theyre a better shoe. If it were better, you would never see Kobe in anything other than the elites. just something to think about.

First time wearing them , We shall see. I know for a face that lunar with zoom may feel a little better.

Does anyone know availability on the Homes and Gradients? RD's also? Specifically for the homes.

Are these gonna be along the lines of Red Camos, Sulfurs, Blue Light etc. or like Easters?

GR vs. "GR"

First time wearing them , We shall see. I know for a face that lunar with zoom may feel a little better.

You really believe its his first time putting on a pair of elites?? I highly doubt it. I just saw a pick of some other nba player wearing them in this thread (forgot which player and dont feel like searching back). Kobe has had the option for sure. He wouldnt wear any non elite 8 if the elites were a superior product. the man had nike shave off like millimeters of a sole to get him better performance. hes not wearing a shoe that isnt as good as another one in his locker.

Back
Top Bottom