OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I agree BHM will go up some, but I think they've just about peeked at 250-275. I don't think they'll be worth over 3 bills...ever. They're nice & I want a pair, but not big money nice imo. 
Depends on who's buying. My two buddies paid 3 bills for their pairs.

eek.gif
smokin.gif
Definitely want to pick these up, but it also depends when they release... Purple fades are first and foremost.  

BHMs may be of the few recent releases that I pay over retail for. Better now than to deal with them hitting Grinch prices.

I paid $229 for my pair and I don't regret it one bit.
I wish I wore a smaller size. Not happening on size 12 lol.

BHMs may be of the few recent releases that I pay over retail for. Better now than to deal with them hitting Grinch prices.
Word, I feel the exact same way. I need these joints and I'm planning on copping before the year is up. Can't let these kicks get into that absurd price range which it kind of already is. 
I played that waiting game on Big Bangs and Galaxy KDs...needless to say I'm still hunting lol. I land so much stuff under retail that it evens out the few times I do have to overpay. Comes with the hobby. Accept it or pass.

I'm all in on those Crayola/Trix/whatever the F people wanna call em lol. They're different, but I have a feeling they will be insane in person. I've learned not to completely write off a shoe until I hold it in hand. Word to the BHM KDs.

Need to see these slurpees in person now. I've always liked that blue heel clip now I see a translucent sole.....that upper is still odd to me but we'll see what happens when I have em in hand lol

the BHM debate is the same debate that can be made for any shoe.

it's a matter of whats a price you are willing to pay.

For me, the $229 was worth it. I mean, the brons were $212 for me after tax and I think the Kobes poop all over the lebrons (personal opinion).

Some people think they are worth $250+ and thats fine. They key thing is a lot of people even think they are not worth retail or are worth $50. Those who think they are worth the price they find will have them. Those who don't will wait until they find the right price or will move on.

For me, the $229 was worth it. I mean, the brons were $212 for me after tax and I think the Kobes poop all over the lebrons (personal opinion).

Some people think they are worth $250+ and thats fine. They key thing is a lot of people even think they are not worth retail or are worth $50. Those who think they are worth the price they find will have them. Those who don't will wait until they find the right price or will move on.
QFT

Yep. For me it's more about the principle really. As long as it's under 3, I'm gonna cave and grab a pair. I would rather take that hit now and easily make it back by landing another shoe below retail or selling some of these extra unworn pairs of other shoes I have collecting dust than to have them dry up and hit $400+.

Last edited:
He doesn't have a choice though. It's nice to think like you when you have OPTIONS. He doesn't have options so he has to take what he can get IF he really wants the shoes. If that means he has to pay 2x the original value then it is what it is.

im skeptical that 'he doesn't have a choice'... you can almost always find somethin, just checked ebay, dunno his size but it looks like 280 is still high.

I love mine, but I'm gonna trade my asgs for since xmas+ on top. just had to lvl w/myself and admit I'm just not gonna Rick the asgs and I'm not gonna wear em to laser tag.

anyways... what size are you? I'll keep an eye out on the local fb groups

the "surrealist watercolours" are looking much better than I expected, much less yellow than the sample pair I think. Still no room in my closet for these but I can see why people tellin em at least now

Yep. For me it's more about the principle really. As long as it's under 3, I'm gonna cave and grab a pair. I would rather take that hit now and easily make it back by landing another shoe below retail or selling some of these extra unworn pairs of other shoes I have collecting dust than to have them dry up and hit $400+.

The only thing that gets me not to cave in are the potential "restocks" and possible Euro stocks showing up (very rare) but I will wait until I pickup all the colorways I need before thinking about dropping $250+ on the BHM's.

Missing 2 restocks doesn't help the cause either :lol: :frown:

I think I saw Scott Van Pelt wearing Kobe 8 BHMs on the Sportscenter that aired last nite. It was part of the Masters coverage, he was dressed casually and I noticed them under the table. 

Back
Top Bottom