OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Shoes people SHOES!!!

I'm just as worried/sad as the other Laker/Kobe fans... But this isn't the place to discuss this.

wonder what they will do with elites now....

Last edited:
Damn sucks to hear about kobe

Those home elite are nice minus the flywire. I just think it looks silly.

Def takes away a bit for me from the kicks if kobe is out. Haven't read anything about the injury except what's been posted here.

This is bs.. Such a classic shoe for a terrible season. I'm in disbelief right now cause that man deserves better, he has too much heart.I will be cooping a few more colorways but with a bad taste in my mouth. :smh:

wonder what they will do with elites now....

Sell the green pair next week, and the Black pair on 6/1...that ain't gonna change.

Tonights pair...Fuggedaboutit...

Sales can either go 2 ways...people will buy because they like the shoe or think its Kobes last

Or, those jokers will go on clearance 6 weeks after release cause people don't wanna pay $200+ for a shoe they watched their fav player go down in.

I'm hoping for the second one. I'd get those Black/Golds for $150...no hesitation!

Last edited:
So... the Fades are a robocop and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting those slurpee ones, they are growing on me.  Also, whoever posted those socks for the fades, I need those!

again, brand =/= injury. especially if you're talking about the two biggest sports brand in the world.
they hardly make crappy signature shoes.

I ruptured my achilles playing ball......very tough pill to sswallow.  I did that same walk (Basically a foot that cant flex because his achilles popped and rolled up his calf...IF he ruptured of course).  Leg feels like you can only drag it.  He'll be back.  The rest will give his entire body a chance to heal which will benefit him in the long run. 

I'm not taking a shot at anyone bc I've actually been there, but its funny how the same people who said Adidas is the reason Rose tore is ACL & MCL are the first to say it wasnt Nike or low-tops that caused the injury.  Funny how that works when its your favorite player/brand.  Not pointed at anyone in particular but the mature folks here will understand what I'm saying.

JS"

sorry to hear. how long did it take for you to recover?

i tore my acl in the kobe 4 and i blame the shoe. lunar bottomed out at that point and i'm sure it caused it. it's funny because i had brought my zk4 and zk5 with me, and decided to wear the zk4 for whatever reason. :smh:

Kobe ain't no spring chicken...his body has been put through the grinder.

I know medical technology is more advanced than it was probably even a month ago, so he could come back by maybe Christmas...

I just don't see it tho. He should have multiple surgeries to repair all his lingering injuries, and just get ready for the 2014 - 15 season...IF he wants to return at all.

when he was asked if this would be a career ending injury, he responded: "are you kidding?"

I created a damn account just to reply to this....I just injured my achilles last week in the original black/yellow Kobe 8s damn near the same way except I was just turning to sprint up court from midcourt after my team stole the ball. I had been checking everywhere online to see if it was possibly the shoes bc Ive never felt **** like that before and I used to hoop in anything with a sole when I was young (Air Force lows, etc). Feels like someone shot you in the back of the leg. Luckily mine was not completely torn when I went to the Doc bc I could still flex my calf and toes. I definitely think the shoe needs to be reviewed more in relation to this injury. IDK if its the heel clip or what but I don't think its a coincidence. And I feel like an *** bc I also have a pair of black/red ids that will never again touch the court after seeing this ****.

Last edited:
sorry to hear. how long did it take for you to recover?

i tore my acl in the kobe 4 and i blame the shoe. lunar bottomed out at that point and i'm sure it caused it. it's funny because i had brought my zk4 and zk5 with me, and decided to wear the zk4 for whatever reason. :smh:
when he was asked if this would be a career ending injury, he responded: "are you kidding?"

I hope he's right. I would love to have confirmation that a 9, 10...whatever keeps coming.

The Kobe line is my favorite shoe (not counting the 7s), I wanna see him wear them all

If it's indeed true, an Achilles tear is gonna take about a year to come back from.

If Kobe comes back to the NBA, it won't be until the 2014 - 2015 season.

Suggs was back in 5 1/2 months you can bet he will play next season.

Could be the end of an era... :smh:

Suggs recovered in 5 1/2 months. Bet that he will be playing next season.

Last edited:
Kobe that ninja, I hate it had to be him! Suppose the Amnesty suggestion just spawned legs...

Last edited:
Ill bet that injury is from fatigue on his body and not healing fully. I ruptured the tendon in my thumb from not resting. Started from a sprained wrist that I didnt know I had, kept playing and working out thinking I just tweaked my wrist and eventually the tendon snapped. Dont even remember when it happened during the game, just know my thumb was numb after the game. If I had just took off a few weeks, Id of avoided surgery. But in the position the lakers were in, he had no time for rest.

I created a damn account just to reply to this....I just injured my achilles last week in the original black/yellow Kobe 8s damn near the same way except I was just turning to sprint up court from midcourt after my team stole the ball. I had been checking everywhere online to see if it was possibly the shoes bc Ive never felt **** like that before and I used to hoop in anything with a sole when I was young (Air Force lows, etc). Feels like someone shot you in the back of the leg. Luckily mine was not completely torn when I went to the Doc bc I could still flex my calf and toes. I definitely think the shoe needs to be reviewed more in relation to this injury. IDK if its the heel clip or what but I don't think its a coincidence. And I feel like an *** bc I also have a pair of black/red ids that will never again touch the court after seeing this ****.

I'm sorry man but that's ridiculous. One injury doesn't mean a shoe is the culprit. The man has logged an absurd amount of minutes this season on top of a ton of basketball in his career. The shoe likely had nothing to do with it.

Sell the green pair next week, and the Black pair on 6/1...that ain't gonna change.

Tonights pair...Fuggedaboutit...

Sales can either go 2 ways...people will buy because they like the shoe or think its Kobes last

Or, those jokers will go on clearance 6 weeks after release cause people don't wanna pay $200+ for a shoe they watched their fav player go down in.

I'm hoping for the second one. I'd get those Black/Golds for $150...no hesitation!

im hoping for 2nd one also!

Suggs recovered in 5 1/2 months. Bet that he will be playing next season.

Hope you're right...but that's 2 different athletes in 2 different sports...and it wasn't like Suggs was at full speed all the time when he returned. And that was splitting time (offense/defense) and only 1 game a week with hardly practicing.

When Vino comes back, he's gonna want to be at full speed, balls to the wall, no holds barred, dominant play that we've seen for the past 17 years from him. For 82 games +. Nothing less will do in his mind.

I just want him to come back fully healthy, while adding another great shoe to the Kobe line.

But all this aint gonna stop me from dropping $150 x2 on 5/11, and getting those homes on 5/25. I really love this shoe...

aI3x9....thanks. I ruptured mine a few years ago at the end of february and had surgery in march. I was released from therapy at the end of August. Was back on the court by September. 6-8 months is what the docs told me and they were right. Mentally I was so apprehensive once I was cleared. I shot around a lot in the beginning. But gradually I became more and more comfortable. Ill never forgot the frst time a rolled it I was so worried but my therapist told me in therapy that this would happen but that I was fine. Lol. Your scared the first time you jump again or push off or turn your ankle but you're truly fine.

Only down side is my calf never will be the same size but that's purely an aesthetic nothing relating to performance.

JS"

This by far is the saddest day in my Laker fanhood since that 08 loss to the Celtics.
It feels as if Kobe retired, or Kobe passed away. I am depressed.

I'm sorry man but that's ridiculous. One injury doesn't mean a shoe is the culprit. The man has logged an absurd amount of minutes this season on top of a ton of basketball in his career. The shoe likely had nothing to do with it.
Trust Im a very rational individual. Ive always been one to call bs on the whole shoe brand injury talk. And I would have never thought to blame the shoe outright until I literally watched him get hurt with his body in the exact position that I was in, except I did not have the ball in hand. When you wear these you plant the way he did you can even feel that it does not give an inch almost as if the shoe would never "slip" off your heel. It sortof adds more pressure to the achilles area which seems in theory like it would contribute to such injury. 

Hope you're right...but that's 2 different athletes in 2 different sports...and it wasn't like Suggs was at full speed all the time when he returned. And that was splitting time (offense/defense) and only 1 game a week with hardly practicing.

When Vino comes back, he's gonna want to be at full speed, balls to the wall, no holds barred, dominant play that we've seen for the past 17 years from him. For 82 games +. Nothing less will do in his mind.

I just want him to come back fully healthy, while adding another great shoe to the Kobe line.

But all this aint gonna stop me from dropping $150 x2 on 5/11, and getting those homes on 5/25. I really love this shoe...

Brand did it in 8 months. He will be back next season. #countonKobe

Back
Top Bottom