OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I keep hearing people saying they are going to choose from this previously released colorway or that already released colorway, but can't figure out where they plan on buying them. I guess I need to move to another part of the country. I mean I had a hard time finding pythons in my size locally. Which makes me think no matter how many times I hear purple fades will be easy to get, I can't help but to be a little skeptical. Damn, I had to run two computers and a phone just to get through on release day to get the volts. I am partially blaming it on the fact that I wear size 13, but I still believe the quantity available is less than most GRs. Plus the shoe kicks butt performance wise so it is even more desirable. May 11 cannot come fast enough for me, and I hope I will not be disappointed.

The difference between the Fades and the Volts was that Nike threw out that "Limited" tag with the Volts. Later on in the day and for awhile after release, more pairs started to "mysteriously" pop up online, making them easier to get.

The Fades on the other hand SHOULD be easier to get, as they've been thought to be a GR from the beginning...or as close to one as Nike can get with these Kobe 8s. Hopefully they'll be easier to get since its 2 per customer and not a Twitter Link Only release, but we won't know until 5/11.

The thirst is STRONG for the Fades...

Traction holds up well I've been hooping in sulfurs since a week after RD no problems with stopping on a dime at all. My main problem is lack of plushness from the tongue and how short it is, but clearly if that's the biggest issue for me i'd say they're pretty damn solid.

Part of the reason why I want elites, as well as that forefoot and heel zoom insert...
Yo Sk33, I was watching Backstage: Lakers and in one of the episodes, it was right after a game and Kobe was taking off his shoes, it appeared that he took off two pair of socks and then the ankle tape.

That's what I do to cope with the lack of cushioning on the tongue. I wear the Elites along with Amazon product ASIN B000LRHN1Q and I don't have to tie up the shoes too tightly and still have that locked down feeling. Granted I have skinny feet so it fits perfect for me.

Just an idea for you to try if you're talking about playing ball.

I keep hearing people saying they are going to choose from this previously released colorway or that already released colorway, but can't figure out where they plan on buying them. I guess I need to move to another part of the country. I mean I had a hard time finding pythons in my size locally. Which makes me think no matter how many times I hear purple fades will be easy to get, I can't help but to be a little skeptical. Damn, I had to run two computers and a phone just to get through on release day to get the volts. I am partially blaming it on the fact that I wear size 13, but I still believe the quantity available is less than most GRs. Plus the shoe kicks butt performance wise so it is even more desirable. May 11 cannot come fast enough for me, and I hope I will not be disappointed.

Yup me and you live in this same reality. Anything with just a tad of popularity is gone! Online I'm the unluckiest man in the world. Can't cop anything! Hopefully my luck will change for the purple/gradients and the Shaq attacks this weekend.

Now onto to more serious things...Nike quit yanking our chains and release the Inlines instead of those Yellow-soled homes...>:

I personally like the Homes, but I'm sure the Inlines will release (maybe in July or August).

They weren't exclusive to just Kobe, I know Earl Clark had them...so I'm guessing they're somewhere on the release calendar for the summer months.

I think he's referring to the fact that the little girl IS WEARING CANOES ON HER FEET!
LOL! I feel for that kid. My mother used to buy me shoes that I would "grow in to". I never knew what true to size felt like so I've been wearing big shoes as an adult. Thankfully my Kobe Xmas fit.

Last edited:
Yo Sk33, I was watching Backstage: Lakers and in one of the episodes, it was right after a game and Kobe was taking off his shoes, it appeared that he took off two pair of socks and then the ankle tape.

That's what I do to cope with the lack of cushioning on the tongue. I wear the Elites along with Amazon product ASIN B000LRHN1Q and I don't have to tie up the shoes too tightly and still have that locked down feeling. Granted I have skinny feet so it fits perfect for me.

Just an idea for you to try if you're talking about playing ball.
Cnami1 --

I also have skinny feet and am thinking about trying two pairs of socks. I've been wearing thick NBA socks which has helped. But my problem is not so much the tongue, but that my big toe seems to need a little more cushion at the end of the shoe.

With skinny feet, have you found that your foot slides up a little and your big toe is pushed into the end of the shoe?

I've loved hoopin in the 8s and this hasn't bothered me much.  Just wondering if the double socks may do the trick. 

I think he's referring to the fact that the little girl IS WEARING CANOES ON HER FEET!

If you have the ability to have floor seats for the Lakers, you should have the ability to get that kid some shoes that fit...those fit her like the boxes they came in. :smh:

Maybe it was the last size they had at The Vault??? :rolleyes

If you have the ability to have floor seats for the Lakers, you should have the ability to get that kid some shoes that fit...those fit her like the boxes they came in.
mean.gif

Maybe it was the last size they had at The Vault???
eyes.gif
My guess is they were kobe game-worn-autographed pairs haha. That would be just like a floor seat-ticket having parent to buy their kid some autographed kobe shoes, take her to a meet and greet with him, and then her strap em up and wear em to the game. My guess is kids a size 4...kobes a 14...kids shoes look about...10 sizes too big. boom, lawyered.

LOL! I feel for that kid. My mother used to buy me shoes that I would "grow in to". I never knew what true to size felt like so I've been wearing big shoes as an adult. Thankfully my Kobe Xmas fit.
lady i don't know what size you wear, but for a christmas pair I would un-grow into your size to wear them!

Cnami1 --

I also have skinny feet and am thinking about trying two pairs of socks. I've been wearing thick NBA socks which has helped. But my problem is not so much the tongue, but that my big toe seems to need a little more cushion at the end of the shoe.

With skinny feet, have you found that your foot slides up a little and your big toe is pushed into the end of the shoe?

I've loved hoopin in the 8s and this hasn't bothered me much.  Just wondering if the double socks may do the trick. 
What's up iks!

For me, I don't have the issue on the big toe hitting the end because I tried different combinations of soles (Kobe-Lunarlon and Jordan 2012-Fly Over and Around) and Elite crews with different thinness/thickness of other socks like the one I found on amazon because I like the feel of toe socks. You would have to try different combinations to get the fit you need and want. Another way that I have discovered is maybe adding a thin insole on top of the Kobe-Lunarlon as has been suggested on these forums like the Spenco Athletic ones while getting a half size up to compensate for the lack on room in your normal TTS. Depends if you use them to play ball or not.

So far I haven't had any problems with my TTS, which is 11.5. I'm sure with some time and research, you'll find your combination that works for you. PM me and keep me posted.

Last edited:
If you have the ability to have floor seats for the Lakers, you should have the ability to get that kid some shoes that fit...those fit her like the boxes they came in. :smh:

Maybe it was the last size they had at The Vault??? :rolleyes

Thanks for making me laugh. Now I can leave work with a better attitude.

Trust me I ain't playing with this release, but the Grapes are my holy grails and now that they coming out its hard man. But th fades......idk man

Grapes are my favorite shoe as well, but the shape of these new retro's suck. I'm passing and getting the gradients. Helps that I have an '06 pair of grapes.

Funny how all these enhanced pics of Easters make the fiberglass in the front look like a bright Teal/Aqua, when in reality its more of a green

Grapes are my favorite shoe as well, but the shape of these new retro's suck. I'm passing and getting the gradients. Helps that I have an '06 pair of grapes.
Well.....I guess I have to pass on my Holy Grails.....sad day for me.

finally got my easters, and did this lace swap on em! can't wait to wear em for the first time for tomorrow's final game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom