OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Came home to these today...Very nice and loud. Luv em.

Don't know what the hell y'all looking at......joints look :smokin with jeans. Some of you dudes on here take hate to all new levels. :lol:

photomay10021448.jpg
that guy (The Hater Boxden) w/ the kanye pic (probably the 2nd giveaway besides his ID name) loves to hate on guys. always ruthless.
every message board has that one guy... he's that guy... :lol:

C'mon, you have like 50 posts in here bashing the ASG's, :lol:.

Talking about bringing hate to new levels, :lol:

i think mane was more speaking about guys talking crap about jeans or type of jeans that look good w/ shoes.... i think it don't matter what kind jeans,pants or shorts you wear w/ your kobes... really? fashion police? :lol:

nothing is wrong with the jeans, they would look great with some jordan 1s or 6s or yeezy 2s like kanye. i'm not feeling them with a low top modern basketball shoe with soccer boot inspiration.

but whatever the shoes look amzzing, i can't wait for them to release, passing on "playoff" "player edition" "gradients" "fades" this weekend to get the mercurials instead.

why is it that none of these asian sites have a 13??? they always stop at 12 :smh:

Yea those MCs are growing on me.I always loved the concept just didnt like the pinkish/purplish color.

The on feet pics with jeans are dope tho.Might have to cop.

if the 9 is not a low im not copping

cant wear anything but lows anymore on the court, ive tried and its not the same. feel so weird, restricted, and just i dont know, cant really explain.

C'mon, you have like 50 posts in here bashing the ASG's, :lol:.

Talking about bringing hate to new levels, :lol:

Dawg.....You championing shoes now?! :smh:

I may dislike a shoe.

I don't talk about people whether it be their style of dress, appearance, choice of denim, choice of fits, whatever.....especially behind the security of a keyboard like you mofos do on here religiously.

You can hold a conversation in public with strangers about your like or dislike of a shoe. Let me see you Tim Gunn types go up to that stranger telling him the way he pops the tongue behind his jeans looks wack or he's a Hypebeast for not tying his shoe laces. :rofl:

Last edited:
as long as the 9s dont feel like the garage 7s. i could careless if its mid low or even air mag height

Last edited:
Every time I see someone with the Kobe IV All Stars I die a little inside. They're my grails! Nice collection though ^

Every time I see someone with the Kobe IV All Stars I die a little inside. They're my grails! Nice collection though ^

Thanks I love the Kobe IV.

I wish they'd release a Kobe that's basically an updated version of it. Dynamic Flywire and Zoom in the forefoot with the same cut.

i was expecting kobe to go back to wearing mid or high top after his injury
a) the design that kobeoverbron has seen was probably made before kobe was injured.

b) do you really believe that a higher top shoe will protect your achilles? The only difference between mids and highs on the achilles is that a thin piece of material will be rubbing on the very lower bit of it. I don't see how that will stop an achilles injury. 

c) this whole kobe did his achilles because he wears low tops better not gain traction. if so, I can't wait for 3 years time when people are still asking if they should ball in low tops or high tops because they're worried about your achilles. It's bad enough people think that they roll their ankle because of low tops.

If you're referring to the purple fades they had GR written all over it when they were debuted on Kobe's feet
Many thought it would never have gotten released after we all speculated the Easters were the Purple but when it turned out it wasn't, a lot thought it would just be a PE.  Same deal with the inlines (both the purple soles and yellow soles) still no release date for both either.

Like If they decide to release the Amnesties that would turn from a PE to a GR as well.

Last edited:
a) the design that kobeoverbron has seen was probably made before kobe was injured.

b) do you really believe that a higher top shoe will protect your achilles? The only difference between mids and highs on the achilles is that a thin piece of material will be rubbing on the very lower bit of it. I don't see how that will stop an achilles injury. 

c) this whole kobe did his achilles because he wears low tops better not gain traction. if so, I can't wait for 3 years time when people are still asking if they should ball in low tops or high tops because they're worried about your achilles. It's bad enough people think that they roll their ankle because of low tops.
Kobe has consistently suffered injuries over the past few years, with ankle and foot issues being among them.

So yeah, perhaps the decision to go with a mid was made during that time, and the mediocre sales of his shoe may have been a culprit as well.

But I am sure that some of you do not want to hear that, with the expected rebuttals to follow...

The low top Kobes have been better sellers than the Kobe mids

Last edited:
The low top Kobes have been better sellers than the Kobe mids
Perhaps, but even if you do not like the Kobe mids, Durant's shoe will be a low next year.

So Nike isn't really leaving you out in the cold, unless you only rock lows due to Kobe.

Im replying to what you said about the Kobe line switching to mids because of mediocre sales of the lowtops the past 4 years. Nothing could be further from the truth, the Kobe line has thrived since it moved to lowtops.

To make a statement like that shows you haven't been following the Kobe line for any substantial length of time.

The Kobe I, II and III had low interest. It was so bad after the Kobe I, that basically the Kobe line was only available at Foot Locker and random locak shoe chains.

Theres ton of apparel now. The GRs sell out fairly quickly now too.

The Kobe line is more popular now than it ever was.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom