OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

As Pac would say..."Just another sunny day in California!"

Got my fades on lock tomorrow...but the anticipation is killing me!  Hope everyone who wants a pair or 2 gets to cop. 

Copping my 2nd pair of Kobe's.. Partly because I was clowned for not having a pair for the longest
Smh at someone clowning on you for not owning a certain pair of sneakers. You should be copping cause you like the way they look, perform or even to support kobe. Not cause some hypebeast punk says so.

Last edited:
Smh at someone clowning on you for not owning a certain pair of sneakers. You should be copping cause you like the way they look, perform or even to support kobe. Not cause some hypebeast punk says so.

Trueee I finally decided I want a pair

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow :pimp:

man,,, they are fine looking kicks

no, the VIs is when i started hooping in kobes, Vs hurt my feet when i tried them on, and earlier models werent any better than the basketball shoes i already used to hoop in so it was unnecessary to buy them, we started seeing 1000 page Kobe threads because there were more cws available to the public, lower merion 3s were ridiculously limited and expensive, but VIs were much more easily accessible and could be had at retail, and GR cws selling out in a couple months time??? you say that like its not a long time and then on top of that, thats not true at all, 4s and 5s sat for about a year and a half after release

The lVs was when the Kobe's really started to get traction. The biggest issue was the bottoming out of the lunar foam. I personally didn't like the V ( looks like a painted block of foam) as well but I know a lot of heads that feel the opposite. I liked the VI more than the IV and V ( primarily worn to play outdoor ball ) but to say it started with the VI is nonsense.
ok, the IVs is when lowtops started, i wonder how a thread would look if everyone with kobes posted their kobe collection, im willing to bet most would start at the VI

ok, the IVs is when lowtops started, i wonder how a thread would look if everyone with kobes posted their kobe collection, im willing to bet most would start at the VI

I started my Kobe collection with the Kobe 2s, skipped the 3s and only bought the Chaos, Black/Purple Gradients and Olympic IVs...still kicking myself for not grabbing the All Stars or Aces :smh:

But the Vs are the model that truly sucked me in...those and the VIs put a true hurting on my wallet.

What does when you started hooping in Kobes have anything to do with when the sig line actually started getting popular though? :lol: Doesn't matter what you personally thought of the Vs or the sigs before, the line still took off with the IVs, and every Kobe sig since has benefitted from the IV's success being the first successful low top in the line. For the Kobe line, Nike didn't really start pushing 20+ colorways per sig and making more QS colors to mark different occasions/themes (Xmas, MLK, Draft Days, Chaos, etc) until the IVs, and them going that route definitely contributed to the collectibility and increased popularity. Before that, you mainly still just had your 4-5 GRs per year with much fewer QS colors released to the public, and that's that. Sure, you get longer threads when there's more cws out there than before. But the KD Vs this year have probably just as many if not more cws than the Kobe 8s, and the Kobe thread is about triple the size. You can't explain that big of a difference in thread length just off of there being more cws alone.

I definitely agree with you though that Nike SB (and maybe also AF1s) was the one that started the collecting phase, and the sneaker culture's also just gotten bigger. But if Nike stuck to their old system of releasing 4-5 GRs per year like they did with Jordans, these Nike bball sig lines wouldn't be anywhere near what they are today. It's a twofold thing, Nike recognized there's a demand out there for collecting shoes, but they still gotten put the product out there and feed into what ppl want.
i mean you did say "no thats when YOU started paying attention to Kobes" so my reply was that ive always had kobes on my radar, ive just either never needed them or they werent comfortable until the VI, never did i say my account is the end all be all, it was a basic response

technically, the theme cws started with the 3s tho. . .

My first Kobe's were the Adidas kobe ones but didn't start collecting them til the zkb4. I'm sure a good amount of people are the same. Of course you'll find a good chunk starting from the 6 but the shoes started to look appealing for casual from the 4.

Last edited:

My first Kobe's were the Adidas kobe ones but didn't start collecting them til the zkb4. I'm sure a good amount of people are the same. Of course you'll find a good chunk starting from the 6 but the shoes started to look appealing for casual from the 4.
i think most will start at the VI

Nearest footlocker getting the fades is an hour away and niketown is about the same the other way. It's actually gonna be cheaper to buy off NDC considering free shipping and I don't have to use up any gas

I like the Venice beaches but the laces are holding me back wish I can buy the Christmas laces separately

Last edited:
Went into a footaction today... Think they gave me a guaranteed pair ticket. Never had one before haha.

I've been telling myself for months I wasn't gonna cop a 7th pair but every time I see these fades it tests my resolve. 

They remind me of Spyro the Dragon, my fav game growing up. Damn if I pass I think I'll regret it.

Just a heads up to anyone buying off NDC, the Fades will NOT be a TLO.

Here is the style code:

555035-500

Last edited:
http://www.shopmyoslife.com/product/nike-kobe-8-easter

if anyone is looking for the easters, there is a size 11 left. 200 bucks.

if anyone is in providence, today the house of hoops opened,

had FSR of lots of kicks, grape Vs (177 pairs) royals, white foams, barkleys, plat Lebrons and they only advertised

The Kobe Volts, and Elite Superheroes.

Went in today, and bam EASTERS FSR on the shelf.

they had the red camo too. It was a good day.

Back
Top Bottom