OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

ordered some easters but i think im going to sell them when i get them for the mambacurials coming up, dont have much money. that pic sold me even more i cant wait!

Nice collection guys

A DSLR will help many folks in here.You cant have $2000 in Kobe8's and a terrible camera lol.

Nice collection guys

A DSLR will help many folks in here.You cant have $2000 in Kobe8's and a terrible camera lol.

I used to be a photo journalist and hated toting around my SLR, batteries, memory cards and multiple lenses. I remember shooting a football game and having to bring a tripod, 4 lenses, flash, etc. And I guess having a shoe collection is a decent reason to have a SLR but I'd rather just use my iPhone 5. But SLRs do offer a lot of options and techniques. Though no one on this board is using them.

I lucked out... MAJOR.

So I'm getting ready to leave my moms house to head home and my little brother ask me to take him to Sheikhs so he can take back some shoes he bought. I tell him I can't because I'm about to leave but he begs me... whatever, I give in. I take him to Sheikhs and while in there I see them sitting on the wall... it was like a big *** spotlight was on them... err maybe it was just the 3M swoosh. I immediately give them the look, scoping the sz, and they look like my sz. I pull them off the wall, sure enough sz 10. IM GEEKED RIGHT NOW.

I'm so geeked, I ask the dude if he can sell me the display model, dude hits me with the :rolleyes and then says "yeah... we sell display model kicks" :lol:. I'm like "my bad son, I'm just shocked to see these here". He says, "last size 10 fam... you want em, take me".

This whole weekend I had this page: http://www.sil.lt/avalyne/krepsinio/nike-kobe-8-system-purple-gradient.html open as one of my tabs to copp but I didn't bite yet because I had a bad experience buying kicks from overseas (shipping takes RIDICULOUS amount of time). So glad I didn't bite... now I'm no longer looking from the outside, I'm in the inside looking out

abk6nzwn.png

:nthat:

:smokin

I think these will def be a sought after pair once they dry up. Sulfurs were an easy grab the first month or so for most, now look at em.

I think these will def be a sought after pair once they dry up. Sulfurs were an easy grab the first month or so for most, now look at em.

Yep, that's why I copped 5 pairs, these are gonna be at yeezy prices by xmas :smokin

jk :rofl:

I think you're right S.Dubl.

What about Venice Beaches?
venice beaches... Meh. I don't hate em, but I won't buy em either.

Yep, that's why I copped 5 pairs, these are gonna be at yeezy prices by xmas :smokin

jk :rofl:
:lol:

easliy by the end of summer :wink:

Hey guys, got a chance to pick up a sz 11. My true size is 11.5, will I be fine with going a half size down? I have a chance at a size 12 too.

Why not? I have a passion for kicks, not photography. I appreciate nice shoe pics, but that 1500+ on a camera + decent glass, is a lot of shoe money.
I agree but I wasn't talking about a Canon 5D or nothing like that.That really isnt necessary at all for most folks.I do personally think having a DSLR is a must nowadays tho.

You can get a Canon T2i for $300 or even a simple point and shoot for under $200.That ain't much at all and you can get a ton of use out of it,not just shoe pics related.

I would not size down in these.

Last edited:
Hey guys, got a chance to pick up a sz 11. My true size is 11.5, will I be fine with going a half size down? I have a chance at a size 12 too.
Personally, I'd size down before I size up. The engineered mesh might stretch over time anyway.

If you have a chance to try on, or go in store to try pairs on might be a good idea.

Why not? I have a passion for kicks, not photography. I appreciate nice shoe pics, but that 1500+ on a camera + decent glass, is a lot of shoe money.

I agree but I wasn't talking about a Canon 5D or nothing like that.I perosnally think having a DSLR is a must period nowadays.

You can get a Canon T2i for $300 or even a simple point and shoot for under $200.That ain't much at all and you can get a ton of use out of it,not just shoe pics related.
I don't like carrying my point and shoot around all the time, I'm sure I'd get annoyed carrying around a dslr. It's not a must, it's a preference. Something I don't need, not do I care to have.

Yeah, iPhone 4S, IPhone 5, Galaxy 3, Galaxy 4, etc are competent point and shoot cameras. Like I said before, u less you plan on using intermediate-advanced techniques, hate low light, like to zoom in from far away, etc, there's no need to get a SLR or point and click.

Now if you're an avid picture taker (family get together, portraits, scenery) I can see the desire to have one.

lol man I am just talking about having at home,thats it.

I feel you tho.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd size down before I size up. The engineered mesh might stretch over time anyway.

If you have a chance to try on, or go in store to try pairs on might be a good idea.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom