OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Xmas also had such an early release date that majority of people didn't know how great the Kobe's were, regarding this model I mean. BHMs were later and the word of mouth marketing about how comfortable the 8s were had gone from snowball to avalanche, so that's probably why. Release them both at a same later date and I can see them both being equally as hard to obtain, just my opinion tho...

+1, I can still see few pairs of xmas sitting on the shelves here in JP too, size 9-10 maybe.

But not with the BHM..... I lucked out on them when I realized I liked them, for 3 weeks maybe...  LOL....
Gel O C

What's retail in JP? I have family that occasionally stops through and it might be worth asking a favor for the right price.

Last edited:
Im kinda excited for black/gold elites but if its too pricey Imma i.d a black pair like the blackouts lets see

Xmas also had such an early release date that majority of people didn't know how great the Kobe's were, regarding this model I mean. BHMs were later and the word of mouth marketing about how comfortable the 8s were had gone from snowball to avalanche, so that's probably why. Release them both at a same later date and I can see them both being equally as hard to obtain, just my opinion tho...

I have always said this. So true even the sulfurs they sat for a while until word spread and now look. Cant wait for the MCs saw mjrod post a pic the other day that made them an instacop lol

agree with you on that... if you hadnt realized this then i dont know what to tell ya lol hype was increasing after every release with the easters being the straw that broke the camels back due to it being the 1st kobe 8 in many peoples repertoire. we all know what has happened with the releases after that 
laugh.gif

[h1]Nike Kobe 8 Elite – Black – Gold[/h1]
http://sneakernews.com/2013/05/28/nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold/

May 28th, 2013 by Aaron Hope  | 8 comments

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-1.jpg

Whereas 2012′s Nike Basketball Elite series came out of the gate with elegant gold-accented colorways, the 2013 follow-up rocked a ‘Superhuman’ trio.  That means that the signature look associated with the Elite collection is still out there to be released for all except the ‘Home’ KD V, including this black and gold Nike Kobe 8 Elite  we haven’t seen for over six weeks.  They’re still on schedule for the  Saturday, June 1st release date  we reported back then, so check out a refresher below and stick with Sneaker News for updates.

Nike Kobe 8 Elite+
Black/Metallic Gold
06/01/13

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-2.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-3.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-4.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-5.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-6.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-7.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-8.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-9.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-10.jpg

Photos: Hupu

Last edited:
[h1]Nike Kobe 8 Elite – Black – Gold[/h1]
http://sneakernews.com/2013/05/28/nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold/

May 28th, 2013 by Aaron Hope  | 8 comments

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-1.jpg

Whereas 2012′s Nike Basketball Elite series came out of the gate with elegant gold-accented colorways, the 2013 follow-up rocked a ‘Superhuman’ trio.  That means that the signature look associated with the Elite collection is still out there to be released for all except the ‘Home’ KD V, including this black and gold Nike Kobe 8 Elite  we haven’t seen for over six weeks.  They’re still on schedule for the  Saturday, June 1st release date  we reported back then, so check out a refresher below and stick with Sneaker News for updates.

Nike Kobe 8 Elite+
Black/Metallic Gold
06/01/13

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-2.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-3.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-4.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-5.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-6.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-7.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-8.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-9.jpg

nike-kobe-8-elite-black-gold-10.jpg

Photos: Hupu
cant wait for saturday, clean!!!

Damn those pics of the vapors!!! I need them and will be worked into my gym shoe rotation....... Which is 2 shoes deep lol

I think it's the pictures. They still look good up there, but look much better in other pics posted.

I like how they colored the snake on the tongue!! A red head like the blue coral snake :pimp:

Blitz Blues, Black & Gold Elites and if possible get the BHM's at a good price I am Done with the 8's.

If I pick up those Black/Gold Elites this weekend, I may just swap out the zoom insoles with another set in my regular Kobe 8s. Those lunar insoles are ridiculously comfortable to me.

Last edited:
SneakerMane wins "gif poster of the month" if there was ever an award. Haha always perfect execution.

yeah bro he's on a roll :lol:

So true. I was shocked when I was able to add to cart with Eastbay. I haven't gotten through ever since for the shoes that I wanted though. :smh: :lol:

If I can use the bday coupon and VIP rewards I'll get the Elites...maybe

Yeah the Blue Corals don't look appealing in those pics. The sole yellowing already. :x The lining or heel shozoku should've been chilling red. Still gonna cop...maybe :lol:

If I pick up those Black/Gold Elites this weekend, I may just swap out the zoom insoles with another set in my regular Kobe 8s. Those lunar insoles are ridiculously comfortable to me.
I must be broken as I never notice any difference in the insoles in my daily rotation of elites, supernaturals, & sulfers. I only wear casually, so maybe that explains why I don't get to experience the full performance of the insole to notice a difference.

For those that do feel the difference, is it night and day that you can do a blind test and know exactly which insole is in the shoe?
Yeah the Blue Corals don't look appealing in those pics. The sole yellowing already. 
****, you aren't kidding. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but that's not a good sign.

Last edited:
I must be broken as I never notice any difference in the insoles in my daily rotation of elites, supernaturals, & sulfers. I only wear casually, so maybe that explains why I don't get to experience the full performance of the insole to notice a difference.

For those that do feel the difference, is it night and day that you can do a blind test and know exactly which insole is in the shoe?.

****, you aren't kidding. I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but that's not a good sign.

I noticed that yellow sole right away. Who approved those pics, lol. Its like they wanted to show bad pics purposely.

For those that do feel the difference, is it night and day that you can do a blind test and know exactly which insole is in the shoe?

i use them casually aswell my supernaturals feel more firm compared to my other 8s with lunar insoles

Blue Snakes do look more appealing in other pics

The swoosh is orange in the pics, but red in the reflection lol

Soles are yellowing..Maybe. But then again it is the bottom of the shoe after all :rolleyes

1 to rock, 1 to stock then? Nah, it aint that serious IMO

And idk if this has been said already but it would have been sick if the blues had the red upper instead.

Last edited:

Lunarlon is more of a spongy and softer feel, whereas Zoom is more firmer but lower to the ground.  

Think of Lunarlon as a sponge, and Zoom as a stress ball.  The sponge is softer and it's easier to squeeze.  The stress ball is firmer and harder to squeeze.  After squeezing both, the stress ball reverts back to its original shape faster than the sponge.

For casual wear, I would prefer lunarlon over zoom, but for athletic purposes, I would prefer zoom over lunarlon.  

Back
Top Bottom