OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Dropped off today. I'm impressed. On to the next.
Dope!
nthat.gif

I hope I can get the mcs. I just got a pair of easters yesterday and hooped in them the same night. The elites, on the other hand, are so necessary. Im just a bit confused, though; do they come with sensors?

I hope I can get the mcs. I just got a pair of easters yesterday and hooped in them the same night. The elites, on the other hand, are so necessary. Im just a bit confused, though; do they come with sensors?

Nope. The insoles are sensor ready, but the sensors are sold separately.

Last edited:
Damn these photoshopped pics lol.They are all so dope..I am really loving those red photoshopped kobe 8's last page.

Damn Damn Damn.

I got my Kobe 8 VB's in today and I just dont know man.I might send them back because I just ain't feeling them like that in person..I just dont know yet.I am def getting the MC's tho.

Loving them sulfurs

Last edited:
Used Niketalk to keep updated on drops, skim comments now and then, felt the need to finally make an account to proclaim one simple message that almost everyone on here forgets:

These shoes are worn both casually and on the court, I think there is a distinct difference in preference for each.

So it looks like my volts are starting to separate near the outsole.  So my question is, how long should a pair last that you only hoop in?  When I do hoop it is full court 5 on 5 so the games are full speed, not just shooting around.  I would say 6 months, depending on how often you hoop. 2 or 3 times a week they should last about 6 months.     

A couple of pages back this was posted for those asking about the MC's availability beyond NDC..... Props to the OG poster.

So it looks like my volts are starting to separate near the outsole.  So my question is, how long should a pair last that you only hoop in?  When I do hoop it is full court 5 on 5 so the games are full speed, not just shooting around.  I would say 6 months, depending on how often you hoop. 2 or 3 times a week they should last about 6 months.     
2-3 times a week and you're shoes are done after 6 months?

New meaning to "goin' hard in the paint" I guess.

Used Niketalk to keep updated on drops, skim comments now and then, felt the need to finally make an account to proclaim one simple message that almost everyone on here forgets:

These shoes are worn both casually and on the court, I think there is a distinct difference in preference for each.

welcome to NT

I wear my 8's both to the gym and casually

welcome to NT

I wear my 8's both to the gym and casually
Thank you.

My first post wasn't meant to be negative, rather a reminder to those with negative comments. 

Posting "those are hideous" doesn't exactly say anything at all. For example, many dislike the VB's and the ASG's simply because they are loud. Well, that doesn't mean they are hideous, it means they are loud and you may not like a loud colorway, rather you prefer conventional.

I wouldn't wear the ASG's to the bars, but to hoop in, the louder the better.

To each his own.

2-3 times a week and you're shoes are done after 6 months?

New meaning to "goin' hard in the paint" I guess.
6 Months for a pair of bball shoes is pretty good if you are a serious player.

I am not sure what level the OP is, but assuming he is around DIII level, then 6 months is a lot.  Your shoes can take a beating, especially if you play in the paint area.  People stepping on your heel all the time.  

I got a bunch of heel scuff marks on my Blue Lights after playing my friend 1 on 1 the first time I wore them.  

I am not sure what level the OP is, but assuming he is around DIII level, then 6 months is a lot.  Your shoes can take a beating, especially if you play in the paint area.  People stepping on your heel all the time.  

I got a bunch of heel scuff marks on my Blue Lights after playing my friend 1 on 1 the first time I wore them.  
I think weight plays quite a role also.

I weigh 160, used to play Monday through Friday back in college. Rotated between four different pairs. (Rose1, Rose1.5, Kobe5, Kobe6)

Only ones that broke down on me were the Kobe 5s. I always wear orthos also. Scuffs, scratches, and smudges are inevitable, but they don't kill a shoe!

My ASG heels look like a kid took some crayons to them.

I think weight plays quite a role also.

I weigh 160, used to play Monday through Friday back in college. Rotated between four different pairs. (Rose1, Rose1.5, Kobe5, Kobe6)

Only ones that broke down on me were the Kobe 5s. I always wear orthos also. Scuffs, scratches, and smudges are inevitable, but they don't kill a shoe!

My ASG heels look like a kid took some crayons to them.
Weight and also how you run definitely play a factor. I'm a lightweight for my size and I'm always on the balls of my feet. So usually that part of the soles are worn down but does take sometime to wear down. A rotation of ball kicks does help significantly.

lol.

I think I came to the conclusion that my VB's must go.Just cant do it.

With the money back I might get some more ids.

Back
Top Bottom