OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Can Nike get anymore less creative?! They look the same since the 4's. I'ma wait for the on-court version of these 8's...

Would y'all be feeling these if they were the Venomenon's?​

If they changed the name from Kobe 8 Lifestyle to Venomenon IIIs I would still be feeling them. The problem I've always had with the Venomenons is that they look cheap. They had a decent shape and design, but they didn't look too great. These look good.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

look like its gonna be the V-VI all over again for me, greatness followed by up to par.

the VI was just up to par?

Well... by Zoom Kobe standards...yes. According my own personal preferences, the VI was a step back from the V and on par with ZK standards. To me, they were the V with a less sculpted midsole, and a thick "molding" insole that was so-so IMHO.

In regards to my foreshadowing with the VII-VIII, I absolutely love the VII, I use them primarily for hooping FTR, and seeing that the "game" VIII will in all likelyhood be just like the lifestyle with game materials, while they may perform great like the VII, I probably won't like them as much, like I don't like the VI nearly as much as the V.

Last edited:
Only asking because the design is always fairly the same. I understand its more about performance though but nothing about the design screams cop these.

Here we have the soles.. Not feeling this colorway btw.. And I am still in doubt that this is the finished product..

..IN CONCLUSION.. NO WAY THESE ARE THE KOBE VIIIs.

Here we have the soles.. Not feeling this colorway btw.. And I am still in doubt that this is the finished product..
..IN CONCLUSION.. NO WAY THESE ARE THE KOBE VIIIs.

Yeah, they have been labeled the Kobe VIII 'Lifestyle'. I am very certain this is not the court version of the shoe. Looks very much like a casual shoe for whatever.
However the carbon fiber on the shoe has got me thinking: Maybe Nike decided to make an Indoor soccer shoe this season? Maybe the 'Lifestyle' Kobe line will be a range of Kobe VIII styled shoes for various purposes (an indoor soccer shoe, a running shoe, a cross trainer, a tennis shoe, etc.)

This is just me throwing out random ideas though. I hope we get official info/pics this month.

Game version of the Kobe VIII will likely have key differences but the same overall design and lines. The heel counter will probably be a plastic piece like the VII. The "engineered mesh" upper might make a huge difference in the look, too

At least we have some idea of what they may look like, I like the toungue and the height and mostly herringbone traction

OMG if the "game" or "official" version looks REMOTELY close to those pics a few pages back, YUCK! At the same time, good so I don't waste my money.

Back
Top Bottom