OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Guys this has been driving me crazy

What socks does Kobe wear here?

They look doubled up or they look like they're extra long socks folded over?

What brand? They cant be the reg NBA socks since theres NO NBA logo?

Anybody got any insight?

I believe Mamba uses Thorlos socks.

You may be right, that pair may be Thorlos. But even Kobe, I believe, is required to wear the NBA logo socks by Bare Feet, as evidenced by pics on pg 1 of this thread.

you can wear any socks you want or NBA socks. if, however, you are wearing another brand of socks, no logo's can be visible.

kobe 9 will be like the kd 6 with the nike check in the front and they will be low top as well heard it from a  nike rep in my finish line today.

here's the thing..

we're 6 months away from the release of the kobe 9. why the hell on earth does a nike rep need to go in and tell finish line right now? they're still focusing on the 8's.

if you said this in september, then i'd believe you. but dude, 6 months is a LONG time.

those arent folded down nba socks because you'd see the logo from the inside...

not if folded inside. i do that with my socks because they're too long and don't care about the logo

Last edited:
you can wear any socks you want or NBA socks. if, however, you are wearing another brand of socks, no logo's can be visible.

Don't wanna derail this thread any further...

I thought I remembered reading about the league's uniform policy, and accessories such as socks and headbands are required to have the NBA logo on them. I just wondered why Kobe wasn't wearing his shozuku Nike Elite socks, or why LeBron wasn't wearing Elite socks either.. guess I was misinformed.

kobe 9 will be like the kd 6 with the nike check in the front and they will be low top as well heard it from a  nike rep in my finish line today.

here's the thing..

we're 6 months away from the release of the kobe 9. why the hell on earth does a nike rep need to go in and tell finish line right now? they're still focusing on the 8's.

if you said this in september, then i'd believe you. but dude, 6 months is a LONG time.

I mean, it does happen tho...

http://niketalk.com/t/299280/nike-air-diamond-turf-2-retro-spring-2012-topics-merged/0_20

When I worked at FNL, Nike/Adidas reps would come through with samples of upcoming shoes a couple times a year.

I mean, it does happen tho...

http://niketalk.com/t/299280/nike-air-diamond-turf-2-retro-spring-2012-topics-merged/0_20

When I worked at FNL, Nike/Adidas reps would come through with samples of upcoming shoes a couple times a year.
Here's the thing man. I'm not big on knowing all the shoe info. Don't believe me if you if you don't want too. He was there because finish line is gonna start getting Kobe's. like I was in disbelief too. If you check my name that was my first post and really the only reason I posted because I thought true kobe fans may share the excitement like me. I never said I for sure knew anything I'm saying what the guy said and he sounded confident rather me say that then the guy couple days back saying there was no kobe 9 at all. He could be wrong we will all see. I just wanted to relay what I heard not catch all this backlash and doubt its Nike talk not "argue talk or doubt talk".

^^

FNL wasn't carrying Kobe's at the time, but I did see KDs. It's all dependent on what the rep wants to show.

Now, could he be making this up? Of course. All I'm saying is that it's not too far fetched that he happened to be there at the right time and a rep gave him a sneak peak.

but did you ever see kobe/lebron's 6 months prior to release? Very true. But if you don't know the lebron 10 is done months and months before we know it. At the end of the day I'm a fan relaying what I heard to other fans that's all. Lets just see what happens

kobe/lebron's are in another class compared to those diamond turf shoes.

^^

FNL wasn't carrying Kobe's at the time, but I did see KDs. It's all dependent on what the rep wants to show.

Now, could he be making this up? Of course. All I'm saying is that it's not too far fetched that he happened to be there at the right time and a rep gave him a sneak peak.
Let me say this guys. He may have shown the finish line boss the shoe. Me personally I never saw it I went there to ask about the KD 6 and the Nike rep started telling me the KD 6 was just like the kobe 9. I assumed he was talking the kobe 8 but he said no the 9 and that they would be low top. Me personally I never saw a shoe . The rep was there because finish line is gonna start to get Kobe's and he confirmed KD 6 is First week of July saying July 3rd to me.

Ultimatecam just chill bro. You don't have to keep explaining yourself. I understand what you were saying there's just a lot of people on here that like to talk **** and argue like birds.

This is the new Niketalk were talking down on people is the new thing or sumn. Just learn to ignore them type of people it ain't even worth it bro.

Good lucks on the info you heard. Only time will tell if its true or not tho.

Let me say this guys. He may have shown the finish line boss the shoe. Me personally I never saw it I went there to ask about the KD 6 and the Nike rep started telling me the KD 6 was just like the kobe 9. I assumed he was talking the kobe 8 but he said no the 9 and that they would be low top. Me personally I never saw a shoe . The rep was there because finish line is gonna start to get Kobe's and he confirmed KD 6 is First week of July saying July 3rd to me.
Will be interesting to see what pans out. To be honest, I think the FNL boss might have just showed another color way similar to the style of the Mambacurial and accidently assumed those were Kobe 9s. Or something along those lines. Kind of like the kindergarden "telephone" game how eventually as information passes through from person to person, the message changes. 

The reason why I can't see them continuing with the low top look is because of the Achilles injury. Nike is going to of course try to of course adjust and try to accommodate Kobe's Achilles as much as possible. So I did a little bit of research on the sensitivity of the Achilles heel and I came across this study:

"High-top styles tied laces decrease Achilles tendon loading in Cadavers" 
(Source: http://lowerextremityreview.com/new...-decrease-achilles-tendon-loading-in-cadavers)

Basically, there were significant statistics that prove less tensions in high top laced shoes than low top laced shoes. 

Also, is because of Kobe's "Medical Mamba" on IG. 

Notably, that is not a low top shoe for sure. Yes, he is only wearing those because he is recovering and rehabilitating. But I also don't think it is wrong to assume that if that kind of shoe aids his Achilles, why wouldn't he wear a shoe that would still aid it throughout the season and avoid that kind of injury again?

And perhaps I don't have that much evidence but soccer players wear low tops... Achilles ruptures are frequent.. lots of stress in that area... They were low tops for flexibility and freedom but are they more prone to injury? 

Just my opinion, FWIW. I could be wrong. 
laugh.gif

But I appreciate the info Ultimatecam. Welcome to NT!

Last edited:
Only time will tell if its true or not tho.
This. I mean do you really need to know a whole lot about the shoe 6 months before it releases? Be patient, the 8's took forever and when they came out I was hooked. So people just need to relax and chill we still have more 8's coming our way.

Back
Top Bottom