OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

well lowtops allow more flexibility, so obviously you can stretch out your achilles more than a constricted, higher collar height. you cant point your toes as high in a high top.

well lowtops allow more flexibility, so obviously you can stretch out your achilles more than a constricted, higher collar height. you cant point your toes as high in a high top.
Right, exactly. But flexibility and tension are different things. I think more flexibility means more tension and vice versa. Kobe needs to be limited in the flexibility of his tendon so there isn't that much tension hence the high top. Heck, Kobe 9 could be a mid top to find a middle ground. The 9 could be protective yet flexible. Especially with the stuff Nike is coming out with like EM, I think it's possible.

Last edited:
How long did it take for you to receive your Easters? I ordered mine last Saturday.
it takes about a week and half...it comes in a box protection and when I got mine, the kobe box looks brand new and no damages
smile.gif

Ultimatecam just chill bro. You don't have to keep explaining yourself. I understand what you were saying there's just a lot of people on here that like to talk **** and argue like birds.

This is the new Niketalk were talking down on people is the new thing or sumn. Just learn to ignore them type of people it ain't even worth it bro.

Good lucks on the info you heard. Only time will tell if its true or not tho.
Thanks homie

Will be interesting to see what pans out. To be honest, I think the FNL boss might have just showed another color way similar to the style of the Mambacurial and accidently assumed those were Kobe 9s. Or something along those lines. Kind of like the kindergarden "telephone" game how eventually as information passes through from person to person, the message changes. 

The reason why I can't see them continuing with the low top look is because of the Achilles injury. Nike is going to of course try to of course adjust and try to accommodate Kobe's Achilles as much as possible. So I did a little bit of research on the sensitivity of the Achilles heel and I came across this study:

"High-top styles tied laces decrease Achilles tendon loading in Cadavers" 

(Source: http://lowerextremityreview.com/new...-decrease-achilles-tendon-loading-in-cadavers)

Basically, there were significant statistics that prove less tensions in high top laced shoes than low top laced shoes. 

Also, is because of Kobe's "Medical Mamba" on IG. 

Notably, that is not a low top shoe for sure. Yes, he is only wearing those because he is recovering and rehabilitating. But I also don't think it is wrong to assume that if that kind of shoe aids his Achilles, why wouldn't he wear a shoe that would still aid it throughout the season and avoid that kind of injury again?

And perhaps I don't have that much evidence but soccer players wear low tops... Achilles ruptures are frequent.. lots of stress in that area... They were low tops for flexibility and freedom but are they more prone to injury? 

Just my opinion, FWIW. I could be wrong. :lol:

But I appreciate the info Ultimatecam. Welcome to NT!
Will be interesting to see what pans out. To be honest, I think the FNL boss might have just showed another color way similar to the style of the Mambacurial and accidently assumed those were Kobe 9s. Or something along those lines. Kind of like the kindergarden "telephone" game how eventually as information passes through from person to person, the message changes. 

The reason why I can't see them continuing with the low top look is because of the Achilles injury. Nike is going to of course try to of course adjust and try to accommodate Kobe's Achilles as much as possible. So I did a little bit of research on the sensitivity of the Achilles heel and I came across this study:

"High-top styles tied laces decrease Achilles tendon loading in Cadavers" 

(Source: http://lowerextremityreview.com/new...-decrease-achilles-tendon-loading-in-cadavers)

Basically, there were significant statistics that prove less tensions in high top laced shoes than low top laced shoes. 

Also, is because of Kobe's "Medical Mamba" on IG. 

Notably, that is not a low top shoe for sure. Yes, he is only wearing those because he is recovering and rehabilitating. But I also don't think it is wrong to assume that if that kind of shoe aids his Achilles, why wouldn't he wear a shoe that would still aid it throughout the season and avoid that kind of injury again?

And perhaps I don't have that much evidence but soccer players wear low tops... Achilles ruptures are frequent.. lots of stress in that area... They were low tops for flexibility and freedom but are they more prone to injury? 

Just my opinion, FWIW. I could be wrong. :lol:

But I appreciate the info Ultimatecam. Welcome to NT!
Thank you I appreciate. I kinda myself wouldn't mind if they made them mid although I love the low. If they could make the mid like the 4 or a tad lower would be great but we will see.

Here's the thing man. I'm not big on knowing all the shoe info. Don't believe me if you if you don't want too. He was there because finish line is gonna start getting Kobe's. like I was in disbelief too. If you check my name that was my first post and really the only reason I posted because I thought true kobe fans may share the excitement like me. I never said I for sure knew anything I'm saying what the guy said and he sounded confident rather me say that then the guy couple days back saying there was no kobe 9 at all. He could be wrong we will all see. I just wanted to relay what I heard not catch all this backlash and doubt its Nike talk not "argue talk or doubt talk".

I have to say that this info is very sketchy. Someone must've misunderstood something, Nike is not the type of company to show their stuff to retailers 6 months before release too. A month or two before RD is believable but with your story, it doesn't make sense.

I have to say that this info is very sketchy. Someone must've misunderstood something, Nike is not the type of company to show their stuff to retailers 6 months before release too. A month or two before RD is believable but with your story, it doesn't make sense.
That's fine if you feel that way. I never said he showed anyone the shoe. I'm telling you what was mentioned to me. The guy sounded positive. But if you know something different and you've seen then them that's great. I'm not here to lie. I'm just glad to know there will be a Kobe 9 all the extra stuff Idc about. So if you saw them i take your word over dudes cause you saw them. But nothing is official til Nike releases them.

Hey guys I need your opinions in this, is it worth it to trade my red camos over these kobe 5 big stage home, thanks guys!
Heres the pic the sole is yellowing, how much are these nowadays?

I think the one thing we all can take away from this Kobe 9 info debate IS....

There WILL BE a Kobe 9 next season! :smokin

So let's squash that rumor that some have posted earlier...

I've heard this many times as well.

That and I think his ankles are taped up.
Adding to that "padded" look.

Wore my MC's to work for casual weekend this past weekend.
I work at T-Mobile Corporate. Kinda matchy matchy with my black T-Mobile polo and magenta logo. Haha
Got 5 or 6 compliments within the first hour from customers.

The Blitz is a GR right?
I still see the Red Snakes on the shelf at Foot Lockers...

Back
Top Bottom