OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

At least be happy that you got them for retail.
Yeah I know I'm going out of town in a couple of hours and I did not want to leave them on the porch.

Store orders rarely give tracking numbers. I don't see how professionalism ties in with this. I think the order goes into the system the same way as an in store order would anyway. For them to give you a tracking number, a store employee would have to manually call you or email you. I've had outlets ask me for my email so they could send me the tracking number but to me that was just them going beyond the level of service I expected. These guys are busy and probably do not have the time to do this.
They asked for my email twice, the first time when they were busy and couldn't fulfill my order at the time and the 2nd time when they did. Just did not want to take any chances with these suburban thugs in my neighborhood.

^ I have not, but somebody in here mentioned that they only ship within the Philippines. And 8100php is about $190. Assuming these are TBs, they'll be easy to grab off Eastbay for $140 when they release.

Last edited:
Forgot to call yesterday to check on my b grade Bhm but they showed up at my doorstep this morning! It is a little unprofessional of a company like Nike to not provide any tracking info...
Here are pics

was happy for you until i read the unprofessional part. its like there is an entitlement feeling in the statement. its an outlet. if you really wanted the tracking, you could have called to follow up.

I swear yall act as if the 9 couldn't have been modified to Mid AFTER Kobe's injury.
no

in all fairness, the 9 could have been modified after the injury. its not like a model hasnt changed from its original form before.

remember the lebron 6 that never was? we had pics, samples, and everything before nike scrapped it (google nike lebron zoom power) and went with the version they released.
even the 8's leaked renderings were completely different than what we got.

99% of us have no idea what the 9 was scheduled to release as. Yes, there have been rumors that current year kobes were going to be mids - i think the 8 was rumored to be a mid - only for the final run to release as a low. This means a mid could have been preconceived and executed for the 9 or it could have been yet another rumor and scheduled to be a low before Kobe blew his achilles up. We dont know.

Last edited:
Shoes are not designed on the fly. They are designed almost a year in advance. The 9 possibly being a mid has nothing to do with his injury. The 8 being a low had nothing to do with his injury. Low cut shoes have no effect on an injury. Please stop with the misinformation.

Shoes are not designed on the fly. They are designed almost a year in advance. The 9 possibly being a mid has nothing to do with his injury. The 8 being a low had nothing to do with his injury. Low cut shoes have no effect on an injury. Please stop with the misinformation.

ive given an example to prove this isnt a 100% situation. kobe's injury is career ending for the normal folk. the 9 could give additional support to aid with some discomfort kobe may experience as he returns on an agressive timeline.

there is still plenty of time before the shoes release.

kobes typically drop some time in december (on par with his expected return date). he tore his achilles in April. Thats about 8 months. Plenty of time to tweak the design to support kobe.

Again, im not saying it wasnt already a mid as i dont know. im just saying we have to be open minded until someone confirms otherwise.

Last edited:
in all fairness, the 9 could have been modified after the injury. its not like a model hasnt changed from its original form before.

remember the lebron 6 that never was? we had pics, samples, and everything before nike scrapped it (google nike lebron zoom power) and went with the version they released.

99% of us have no idea what the 9 was scheduled to release as. Yes, there have been rumors that current year kobes were going to be mids - i think the 8 was rumored to be a mid - only for the final run to release as a low. This means a mid could have been preconceived and executed for the 9 or it could have been yet another rumor and scheduled to be a low before Kobe blew his achilles up. We dont know.
i dont care for lebrons pass

Youre missing something. The issue isnt in what shoe causes injury but which better supports the injury itself.

Even if all you said was fact, why is Kobe wearing a mid version of an already completed low shoe (the Grafitti)? Coincidence, eh.

Last edited:

i dont care for lebrons pass

^^^ what?

Last edited:
Youre missing something. The issue isnt in what shoe causes injury but which better supports the injury itself.

Even if all you said was fact, why is Kobe wearing a mid version of an already completed low shoe (the Grafitti)? Coincidence, eh.
i guess the overall debate is why, all of a sudden, kobe is wearing a mid top version of a pair of shoes that already came out for so long as low tops. Maybe we can tweet nike and ask instead of speculate?

It is a little unprofessional of a company like Nike to not provide any tracking info...

its from a storefront. typing in or calling you to tell you your tracking number takes too much time. they don't have an automated system for phone orders that i know of.

Mambacirals in Thailand at..

wait for it...

OUTLETS!

why cant nike produce more for us?

Is it me or do them BHMs look more "grafiti"-like than those volt grafitis kobes dropong nxt month?

Excuse me for complaining about no tracking when I was going out of town geesh. I let nike slide when I was signed in and they charged me for shipping multiple times. Never ordered from a nike outlet before so I expected the same procedures as online, at least I had to sign for them. Just happy I got them because they are sick in person.

Anyway someone posted an article in the kd vi thread and kd said nike is almost finished with the 7 so I'm pretty sure they were already planning a mid for the kobe 9.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom