OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Yall say this and that color way is sitting, but if they only have one or two sizes left ... Is that truly sitting?
You're right. That's not what I consider sitting. I thought he was just asking what pairs have we seen that are still available at malls. But my definition of "sitting" is a shoe that dropped weeks ago and still has almost a FSR available, or it sat so long that the retail price had to be reduced.

I think we need to redefine some of these sneaker terms, lol.

In my experience, Lakers' colorways tend to sell better when they release during the start of the shoes' initial season, while Kobe is seen wearing them (ex. 4s, 5s & 6s).

The Gradient VIs released at the end of the VIs' run, at the start of its' second NBA season in use. By then, people were already anticipating the VIIs and kinda burnt out on the VIs... I know I was.

The VIIs debuted with the Black/Yellow pair and the Concords... Exciting because it was A. a new model, and B. Kobe was playing in them. But after 9 months of seeing the VIIs in action, knowing how uncomfortable they were (IMO), dropping $140 that late in the game was far fetched to me. Time for the 8s...

If Nike just would have released the Homes or Inlines, while Kobe was actually playing in them, those things would've sold like hotcakes... probably close to gradient 8 numbers. Nike just needed to have a better release plan... I'd gladly swap out the Supernaturals or an EXT for either pair of those Lakers colorways...

Idk why so many people sleep on those supernatural. They are unbelievable. That textured Nike sign is amazing.

you mean fox river mall in appleton? if you're asking about inventory in town, idk.....i dont' work there lol
this past weekend there were the blue blitz, challenge red, vb, sulfur, and purple fades on the shelves. i'm a bit surprise that they get some releases now and then, because in the past they didn't.
So Sulfurs are setting at Fox River Mall? I need to call my sis then LOL.

In my experience, Lakers' colorways tend to sell better when they release during the start of the shoes' initial season, while Kobe is seen wearing them (ex. 4s, 5s & 6s).

The Gradient VIs released at the end of the VIs' run, at the start of its' second NBA season in use. By then, people were already anticipating the VIIs and kinda burnt out on the VIs... I know I was.

The VIIs debuted with the Black/Yellow pair and the Concords... Exciting because it was A. a new model, and B. Kobe was playing in them. But after 9 months of seeing the VIIs in action, knowing how uncomfortable they were (IMO), dropping $140 that late in the game was far fetched to me. Time for the 8s...

If Nike just would have released the Homes or Inlines, while Kobe was actually playing in them, those things would've sold like hotcakes... probably close to gradient 8 numbers. Nike just needed to have a better release plan... I'd gladly swap out the Supernaturals or an EXT for either pair of those Lakers colorways...
Definitely agree with the first part of your post. Actually, I agree with the entire post.

Edit- cant say I'd gladly swap out Supernaturals, one of my favorites. But I'd definitely swap out a couple of the red colorways for Lakers colors.

Last edited:
I feel like larger sizes 13 and up, are the hardest to find!

:rolleyes

This.

If I don't grab my sz 14 on the morning of RD, most times they're hell to find down the road...

I just wake up, go to NDC on my phone, order and then go back to sleep. Tired of every store only getting 1 or 2 pairs of sz 13 and larger.

I feel like larger sizes 13 and up, are the hardest to find!

eyes.gif
QFT
mean.gif

When it comes to spotting fake mambacurials im really confused. Any helpful hints? And these mcs are the background to my phone. I wanna kno if these are a legit pic? It be embarassing to have fakes as a backgtound lol

Idk why so many people sleep on those supernatural. They are unbelievable. That textured Nike sign is amazing.

I don't think you could call the $160 pair "slept on" when it released... but the $230 pair was a definite no go...

Now that those are on clearance, it's just too late for me to go back and get them considering all the pairs I've already bought of the 8s.

Definitely agree with the first part of your post. Actually, I agree with the entire post.

Edit- cant say I'd gladly swap out Supernaturals, one of my favorites. But I'd definitely swap out a couple of the red colorways for Lakers colors.

Looking for supernaturals as well. Does anybody have the FTl sku for them?

You can't assume that because the del sole VIIs were uncomfortable that they didn't sell. The Kobe 5s AND 6s went on sale for dirt cheap and everyone loves those...Kobe's always go on sale

I used to think this shoe was sooo ugly. Then I got a couple in hand and changed my mind. I want the purple gradient, mambacurials, and the elite superheroes. The elites are top priority though .

can anyone help me with an oop, trying to find the product number for Sulfurs for FTL, FA, and Champs. I've done a search already. Thanks.

I picked up some supernaturals last week.  Having the nike + insoles are cool, but It seems a lot heavier than just the regular lunarlon.    btw, does anyone use the sport pack?  I'm thinking about trying it out, is it worth the money?

When it comes to spotting fake mambacurials im really confused. Any helpful hints? And these mcs are the background to my phone. I wanna kno if these are a legit pic? It be embarassing to have fakes as a backgtound lol

Please help seriously

Please help seriously

mesh on authentic pairs have the diamond pattern, swoosh & kb24 near the toe. fakes have a simple mesh with no pattern.

Please help seriously
sometimes it's really tough to tell with filtered photos... the knockoffs have been well made lately, unlike the previous fake MCs. the dead give away for fakes before was that the swoosh curves dont touch the lining near the toebox. now, if you really wanna spot the fakes, you gots to check the EM.. also, look for the KB24 below the start of the tounge/laces, those diamond looking patterns on the toebox and the ghost swoosh to confirm a legit pair.

Legit.

another thing.. just look at the curves of the shoe, and overall silhouette... often times, you can spot a fake just by looking at those.

Back
Top Bottom