OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The more I see the Graffitis, the more I like them. 
I'm sure the fact that I passed on the volts has something to do w/ it.
Far easier grabbing these on 8/17 than trying to track down the volts, and I'm digging the Flash Lime.

What is my man wearing?! :rofl:

But seriously, they look crazy weird as a mid!

Hey guys,

I'm new to this board and was wondering...

Is $220 shipped too much for a new pair of Sulfurs? Can't seem to find them at all in my size (12) and these are the first ones I've seen in some time.

Plus they are on eBay from a place in Taiwan which is a little suspect I would think, but they have a ton of positive feedback and have thousands of shoes for sale. Store is called Kixpresss.

Thanks for any and all input.
$220 is on the high side but I understand it's difficult to find the sulfurs at this point.  Luckily I was able to stock locate a pair back in February.  It's still kind of hard to pull the trigger on sulfurs when that is borderline Christmas and BHM prices.  I'd be patient and keep trying ebay.

Also kixpress is legit.

Last edited:
What is my man wearing?! :rofl:

But seriously, they look crazy weird as a mid!

Have you seen Dwade, westbrook, and Bron lately. lol..

Hey I'm not judging, but are people serious when they say they're getting 3-4 pairs of the same shoe? I can understand 1 for bball, one for casual (I personally still wouldn't do that)

For me it's a three-way tie for most overrated: ASG, BHM, and Mambacurials

Underrated: Black and gold elites. They sat/sit because of the price (understandably so)

By overrated seems like you guys are just saying the most hyped

The more I see the Graffitis, the more I like them. 
I'm sure the fact that I passed on the volts has something to do w/ it.
Far easier grabbing these on 8/17 than trying to track down the volts, and I'm digging the Flash Lime.

Im feeling those graffittis hard i think its cause i passed on volts too

Kobe getting Faded in Italy. 

From what I've seen S Duble, the man brought the Mambacurials, Graffiti mids, VBs, and Fades along for the ride.

Vanessa Bryant
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm new to this board and was wondering...

Is $220 shipped too much for a new pair of Sulfurs? Can't seem to find them at all in my size (12) and these are the first ones I've seen in some time.

Plus they are on eBay from a place in Taiwan which is a little suspect I would think, but they have a ton of positive feedback and have thousands of shoes for sale. Store is called Kixpresss.

Thanks for any and all input.
It's probably a GC pair if it costs $220 shipped.  Cause $220 for a regular pair of sulfurs is WACK.
VBs in Italy...
VB's are a very nice colorway.  Tempted to see if I can stock locate, but I already have enough Kobe 8's.

Wow, my first ZK8.

I was skeptical like everyone else about the low cut but of course, like everyone else, was proven wrong  
laugh.gif

I'm sure most people in this thread know all this, but here's my mini review for what its worth:

The first thing you notice about this shoe when you step on the court is the extremely thick and luxurious padding in the upper heel cup area. This padding does an incredible job of holding your foot completely in place no matter which way you cut. The only real adjustment I had to make in going from mid-high tops to the lower cut was getting used to the snug  feel on the achilles tendon rather than around the upper ankle.This is minimal however and mostly forgotten about once you are in-game.

I tied my pair up real tight because I was afraid my foot would slide around with the unique material feel of the insole. This was not a factor whatsoever and I found myself loosening my laces after one game and feeling a bit more comfortable. The lunarlon insole is an entirely different animal than my typical preference of zoom air, but I am a huge fan. This insole is very lightweight and extremely responsive throughout the entire unit. One of the downfalls of zoom air (in my opinion) is that it only covers a relatively small surface area of your footbed and the outline of the zoom units can often be felt beneath you. Lunarlon solves this issue by being consistently responsive throughout. The wide lunar base made the shoe feel comfortable like it had the sole of a running shoe (which it essentially does). The cherry on top of the great stability and cushioning is the ventilation the engineered mesh provides. Traction is right in line with pretty much all other Nike Basketball releases this year, which has been top notch. 

Incredible shoe, highly recommended for any player with any sort of athleticism and speed looking to feel quicker. 
Yo, do you go to IU? That looks like the HYPR!!! 

I really just think it depends on the manager. I was able to use the bday coupon no problem as well but wasn't able to use the new $10 off they give you on the receipts.

Were the cards that you used the older ones that they used to mail to us?

Yes it was the older ones that were about to expire. I hate the new receipt ones, since they are considered more like coupons and can't be stacked.

Yes it was the older ones that were about to expire. I hate the new receipt ones, since they are considered more like coupons and can't be stacked.

Yeah because I tried to use the Bday coupon and the VIP receipt "coupon" this past Saturday for the Milk Snakes and the system wouldn't let the guy do it. Sucks because we all know that as long as we can get our hands on the Bday coupon these "receipts" will be worthless. I definietly think it's unfair though becasue we are giving them money and not getting anything back like we used to less than a month ago or so.

Finally got to see the Boas in person today and honestly wasn't impressed. Shoe looks really dull, no need fur anther blk/red colorway since I have the YOTS already. Blk Elites will be my 11th and last Kobe 8 on Friday, assuming they don't release the Amnesties.

It's probably a GC pair if it costs $220 shipped.  Cause $220 for a regular pair of sulfurs is WACK.

VB's are a very nice colorway.  Tempted to see if I can stock locate, but I already have enough Kobe 8's.
The shoe is indeed GC.

Apologies for not knowing, and a few searches didn't help me. What exactly is the difference in the GC and US releases? Is it worth the $220?  Thanks. 

The shoe is indeed GC.
Apologies for not knowing, and a few searches didn't help me. What exactly is the difference in the GC and US releases? Is it worth the $220?  Thanks. 

The GC has a thicker outsole and is usually meant for outdoors. I think they're fine for indoors also but I'm not sure. I was looking at the same listing because I've been looking for a size 12 in the sulfurs as well.

The GC has a thicker outsole and is usually meant for outdoors. I think they're fine for indoors also but I'm not sure. I was looking at the same listing because I've been looking for a size 12 in the sulfurs as well.
Interesting. Maybe we should pick up the last 2.
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom