OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

So here's what I found out today from my connect at FTL. Manifest was received today. No specific release date. So they said that once they receive the items, they're going to sell them. If that's true, I should have them by Thursday. I should also have the blue/black and green/black pair arriving Thursday or Friday from my brother who sent it from the Philippines. If I find out anything else I'll keep you guys updated. But here's the only pictures I have of the blue/black and green/black pair that my brother sent me. And no he wasn't trying have the bokeh effect on it. His iPhone camera focus was off.

Last edited:
i've never understood the hype behind the Sulfers. is it because a lot of you are Laker fans so you want the yellow colorway?

Last edited:
fair enough. they have just never done anything for me. i think they would look a lot better with a black midsole. i would like to see a photoshop of that

I think there are some in the photo gallery from around the time when they dropped.

has anyone seen these at outlets by them with a full size run? i've been trying to snag another pair of kobe's but I want to wait till they hit outlets. I remember that the kobe vii's were at outlets during november. I hope that these arrive at outlets sooner than that. 

An official release would be ideal, but I'm just saying instead of complaining about the lack of Laker colorways, you could get your ID on. Get exactly what you like cause their is plenty of purple and gold in the options. Maybe that's how Nike feels also. I've seen some great Laker colorways, the Homes and Inlines can be made also about 90% accuracy.

Still waiting to see about the black graffiti option as you could replicate the Amensties then plus a few tag strokes.

Why should anyone have to pay $40 extra to make a Laker themed colorway that is inferior, IMO, to any of the actual colorways Kobe wore during last year's Lakers' season? That doesn't make any sense to me... :rolleyes

Hell, even the iDs that Kobe himself wore last year couldn't be duplicated... and they were designed on Nike iD by regular people trying to win a contest.

I've already made one Kobe 8 iD, but let's be real here... the Kobe 8 iD options just really suck.

has anyone seen these at outlets by them with a full size run? i've been trying to snag another pair of kobe's but I want to wait till they hit outlets. I remember that the kobe vii's were at outlets during november. I hope that these arrive at outlets sooner than that. 

The only kobes I know of that hit an outlet in a FSR were the BHMs B-grades that barstow got. They also had scattered sizes of the port wine and blue lights. I've not seen ANY other outlets get multiples, let alone a FSR.

i've never understood the hype behind the Sulfers. is it because a lot of you are Laker fans so you want the yellow colorway?

Besides the fact that they look good, The Gawd put in work in them.

kobe-dunks-on-gerald-wallace-and-kris-humphries-kobe-bryant-gifs.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26082-1360168852-2.gif

kobe3-600.jpg

kobecomp.gif

kobe-bryant-dunk-chris-paul-600x874.jpg

24x3yuo.jpg

:nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
So here's what I found out today from my connect at FTL. Manifest was received today. No specific release date. So they said that once they receive the items, they're going to sell them. If that's true, I should have them by Thursday. I should also have the blue/black and green/black pair arriving Thursday or Friday from my brother who sent it from the Philippines. If I find out anything else I'll keep you guys updated. But here's the only pictures I have of the blue/black and green/black pair that my brother sent me. And no he wasn't trying have the bokeh effect on it. His iPhone camera focus was off.

Cool. Might go ask around over here and see what's the deal. Kinda like the black and white ones.

Last edited:
Ok my turn my turn..

Ahem..The Sulfurs, um...

They...They are...

Ok I got nothing, it's all been said already..

I took advantage of the 20% off that Eastbay was giving this week and I just wanted to share a new pick up that I got. Not sure if everyone saw this on their site but here's the latest tee for the Kobe line. It's on backorder as of right now but supposed to ship today or tomorrow. 

Nike Kobe Chaz Black Mamba T-Shirt - Men's

The only kobes I know of that hit an outlet in a FSR were the BHMs B-grades that barstow got. They also had scattered sizes of the port wine and blue lights. I've not seen ANY other outlets get multiples, let alone a FSR.
Xmas also hit an outlet in Philadelphia and Florida. And if you count overseas, MCs was in an outlet in Asia, or at least the pic shown (It's in the gallery) of it had the same endcap as Nike outlets.

Xmas also hit an outlet in Philadelphia and Florida. And if you count overseas, MCs was in an outlet in Asia, or at least the pic shown (It's in the gallery) of it had the same endcap as Nike outlets.

this is true.

that said, its been stated to me that these will definitely not see outlets in the quantity that the previous models have hit. this is because the product has done extremely well at retail stores so there will be few RTV pairs at outlets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom